Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    hmmmm?
    strawman?
    irrationality?
    being illogical?
    desperation?
    ignorance?
    stupidity?
    bigotry?

    man to many to pick from
    Those would apply to you. It is usually the fool who paints those with different opinions as "illogical." Do I think them misguided? Yes. Not capable of reason? No. I am neither stupid, irrational, bigoted, ignorant, desperate, or illogical. I merely disagree based on my religion. What you're stating I am is more ondicative of you, since you seem to like blindly insulting and insinuating such things.

  2. #392
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Those would apply to you. It is usually the fool who paints those with different opinions as "illogical." Do I think them misguided? Yes. Not capable of reason? No. I am neither stupid, irrational, bigoted, ignorant, desperate, or illogical. I merely disagree based on my religion. What you're stating I am is more ondicative of you, since you seem to like blindly insulting and insinuating such things.

    ?????? hahahahaha feeling guilty much? im sorry where in my post did I mention you, i responded to a question, one that I didnt know the answer to but logically all I could come up with was that list

    "Thou doth protest too much, me thinks" lol

    also your religion, while it is yours and thats great is meaningless to me and law except for your right to have it, which of course makes you a hypocrite if you are an american
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-19-10 at 11:37 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #393
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It means I got you on that issue.
    .
    Hahaha. You got me. So funny.

    You don't understand that I said what I meant to say.

    Your logic is ridiculous. If I am okay with one 'harmless lifestyle,' I have to be okay with any other 'lifestyle' you deem 'harmless?' Assinine.

    Many people are born gay. I want them to have all the rights I have, and want them to be as happy as they can be. I don't look down on them for religious, political, or any other reasons. They are different than me in one particular way. That is all. I want them to be able to join the military without lying, and to be able to marry if they want. That is the issue here, that's what is important.

    You are like a bouncing ball, all over the place on this thread, saying whatever off-the-wall thing you think of.
    Do not write in this space!

  4. #394
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Just because someone is bigoted, does not mean they are bad.

    For example, I'm bigoted against the sick ****s who rape children.

    The trick is to determine what you should and should not be bigoted against, and different people use different methods.

    There's disagreement on which methods are the proper ones, even.

    Some think religion is the best way, others disagree.

    Some think logic is the best way, others disagree.

    Etc.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #395
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Just because someone is bigoted, does not mean they are bad.

    For example, I'm bigoted against the sick ****s who rape children.

    The trick is to determine what you should and should not be bigoted against, and different people use different methods.

    There's disagreement on which methods are the proper ones, even.

    Some think religion is the best way, others disagree.

    Some think logic is the best way, others disagree.

    Etc.
    Yes, imo people should be bigoted and prejudiced regarding certain types, like the child rapists in your example.
    Do not write in this space!

  6. #396
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Just because someone is bigoted, does not mean they are bad.

    For example, I'm bigoted against the sick ****s who rape children.

    The trick is to determine what you should and should not be bigoted against, and different people use different methods.

    There's disagreement on which methods are the proper ones, even.

    Some think religion is the best way, others disagree.

    Some think logic is the best way, others disagree.

    Etc.
    Being a rapist is not a lifestyle or true sexuality. It's actually not normal for an adult of any animal species to find the young in its species sexually attractive. Homosexuality has been registered in many mammals.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-19-10 at 11:47 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #397
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Even should they choose to have incest, as in siblings, you have no say as to what they do. Don't be bigoted, lol. I'm also finding websites where people around the world have married animals. Nope, it can't become more tolerated over time, lol. I believe homosexuality is a choice made from influences. I could also state that you're not getting things and that you're missing important points.
    Just because some countries allow such things, does not mean that our country should or even can legally. Our country does not and has never recognized an animal as able to legally consent to pretty much anything. That most likely will not change for marriage (and if someone tried to change it, I'd say there would be a lot that were on the same sex marriage side on the anti-animal-person marriage side). Legally, having an animal for a spouse does nothing for the person. The animal cannot tell a doctor what their "spouse's" medical wishes are. An animal cannot be held legally responsible for it's "spouse's" financial obligations.

    Can you name one legal thing that civil marriage bestows upon a person that an animal could accept responsibility for? And before you say inheritance, think again. If an animal is left an inheritance, there must be a human guardian for the animal.

    Now, as for incest. I have already given you the legal questionality about having incest, especially for parent/child or sibling relationships, legal. But another part of this is what marriage bestows to the couple. Much of the things that a marriage gives to the couple are the rights that blood relatives already have, including medical access rights and legal rights to decide medical/burial issues. Plus, blood relations are even allowed certain rights concerning taxes, including being able to be claimed as dependents for tax purposes.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #398
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Being a rapist is not a lifestyle or true sexuality. It's actually not normal for an adult of any animal species to find the young in its species sexually attractive. Homosexuality has been registered in many mammals.
    Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be bigoted against gays cause gayness is natural, but should be bigoted against child-rapists (or rapists in general) because rape is not natural?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #399
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Riiiight. You can totally equate the repeal of DADT to the Civil Rights Act. That's almost insulting.
    /facepalm.

    Jesus, got some issues with all of this I see...

    I don't care, it's over. So people like you can stick it.

  10. #400
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be bigoted against gays cause gayness is natural, but should be bigoted against child-rapists (or rapists in general) because rape is not natural?
    For it to be bigotry it has to be some sort of lifestyle, sexuality, ethnicity etc. I'd hardly call 'pedophilia' a lifestyle or sexuality. It is an individual pursuing a single activity regardless of what nature or sociology has to say on the matter.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •