Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #331
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    A repeal doesn't mean recognition of gay marriage... all this means is that they won't be tossed if their preference becomes known. Gay marriage is still a whole 'nother issue that (if tackled by the military) won't be on a state managed basis. It would have to be federal, as new recruits don't have a say in where they'll be stationed (1st base/fort)... some even go overseas.
    I'm quite aware what the repeal means. However, just like desegregation for blacks in the military led the way to civil rights for the rest of the country, I could see a situation where gay rights in the military leads to gay rights in the public. Specifically, as I mentioned, having gay couples from some states eligible for spousal benefits and others not has the potential to spur change in the rest of society.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  2. #332
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Is this the source of Navy's homophobia?
    Come up with a new line..That one is stale and old............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #333
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    I look for recruitment in the military to become very difficult...............I think there might be a draft started and its to bad that people like Didney Dude can't be drafted.....He might be singing a different tune if he were................
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #334
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I'm quite aware what the repeal means. However, just like desegregation for blacks in the military led the way to civil rights for the rest of the country, I could see a situation where gay rights in the military leads to gay rights in the public. Specifically, as I mentioned, having gay couples from some states eligible for spousal benefits and others not has the potential to spur change in the rest of society.
    They already have their rights and if you say gay marriage I will say the have the same rights i have....They want special rights..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #335
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I look for recruitment in the military to become very difficult...............I think there might be a draft started and its to bad that people like Didney Dude can't be drafted.....He might be singing a different tune if he were................
    All signs indicate we'll be out of Afghanistan by 2012. Even following your questionable claim, why on earth would we need a draft?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I look for recruitment in the military to become very difficult...............I think there might be a draft started and its to bad that people like Didney Dude can't be drafted.....He might be singing a different tune if he were................

    Why do you look for recruitment to be more more difficult? You do realize younger generations are more likely to accept gay rights including gay marriage more so than any other group.

  7. #337
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,126

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They already have their rights and if you say gay marriage I will say the have the same rights i have....They want special rights..............
    How would it be "speical" rights. By your own logic, if they were allowed to marry the same sex, so would you. It's kind of ridiculous that you would argue that everyone being allowed to marry the opposite sex is equal rights but everyone being allowed to marry the same sex would be special rights.

  8. #338
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Where is this mass exodus of troops we were promised by McCain? Anyone seen it yet?

    Navy, it's over, let it go, gays will cause no harm to anyone. Relax, and join the 21st century, embrace history, its now.

  9. #339
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They already have their rights and if you say gay marriage I will say the have the same rights i have....They want special rights..............
    Technically, with the passage of gay marriage, you would also have the right to marry a member of the same sex. No one would have more or fewer rights than anyone else. Everyone's rights would increase equally. You simply wouldn't use that right, the same as a homosexual wouldn't use the marriage rights that you would.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Where is this mass exodus of troops we were promised by McCain? Anyone seen it yet?

    Navy, it's over, let it go, gays will cause no harm to anyone. Relax, and join the 21st century, embrace history, its now.
    I would have to disagree...I'm quite sure that terrorists will be hurt by them.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •