Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #311
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I don't have to show anything do I?

    Your point? Other than being insulting?
    Depends on whether you want to make a point. If you are not trying to actually debate, then no, you don't have to show anything. If you are interested in discussion and debate of issues, then yes, really you do.

    It took me ~5 minutes once you finally got around to saying what you where trying to say to show where you where wrong...it took roguenuke less time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #312
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Depends on whether you want to make a point. If you are not trying to actually debate, then no, you don't have to show anything. If you are interested in discussion and debate of issues, then yes, really you do.

    It took me ~5 minutes once you finally got around to saying what you where trying to say to show where you where wrong...it took roguenuke less time.
    I stated an opinion. I am here to talk to others about current issues and to try to understand where they are coming from and to try to help them understand where I am coming from.

    Unlike you, I don’t see anyone as the enemy and I don’t prejudge them. I admit when I am wrong because it isn’t a popularity contest for me. If you have a problem with me not looking everything up that you say I need to prove, get over it. If I say something you think is wrong, feel free to disprove it with evidence. I will obviously listen and, if I dare say, unlike you I will change my mind when my points of contention have been answered.

    BTW, I now know why you took it as an insult when I told you I respected you the other day. You have a closed mind, you profile people and you are intolerant. Bigots come in all shapes colors and sizes don’t they?
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 12-19-10 at 01:09 AM.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #313
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    In other words, the intolerant will not be tolerated. That's not exactly a message of peace and tolerance.
    It was for the civil rights era.
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  4. #314
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    If gays don’t start asking for special treatment in the military (not holding my breath) and it doesn’t end up costing the military a boatload of money, I have no problem with this bill at this time.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #315
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    The gay marriage thing is going to be fascinating in the military now. Will gay couples married in Vermont qualify for spousal benefits? It'll cause problems with a gay couple in Texas. Perhaps it'll will be the driving course for gay marriage a couple years from now.
    A repeal doesn't mean recognition of gay marriage... all this means is that they won't be tossed if their preference becomes known. Gay marriage is still a whole 'nother issue that (if tackled by the military) won't be on a state managed basis. It would have to be federal, as new recruits don't have a say in where they'll be stationed (1st base/fort)... some even go overseas.
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  6. #316
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now you see why you should do your own homework?
    Oh I see, I should research everything first, make sure I have all the answers and a completely closed mind…..and then I can come to this debate just to argue (bang my head against a wall) with people like you. Is that how is supposed to work?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #317
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I love that hypocritical attitude. "We're so tolerant for everyone. Unless you disagree, then you're a hateful bigot and we won't tolerate you."

    True tolerance requires you to tolerate beliefs and cultures even if you don't think they're right.
    With that logic, we shouldn't have ushered in equality for blacks & women... people of that era should expressed "true tolerance" for the beliefs and cultures that highlighted less-than-human actions. Proponents of this repeal are backing tolerance for homosexuals... not bigots. You don't deserve it (figuratively speaking).
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  8. #318
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Oh I see, I should research everything first, make sure I have all the answers and a completely closed mind…..and then I can come to this debate just to argue (bang my head against a wall) with people like you. Is that how is supposed to work?
    If you have all of the answers (stemming from adequate research) then who ever is on the other side of the discussion will be wrong.
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  9. #319
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    If you have all of the answers (stemming from adequate research) then who ever is on the other side of the discussion will be wrong.
    Thanks Einstein, that’s cute but irrelevant.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #320
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    If gays don’t start asking for special treatment in the military (not holding my breath) and it doesn’t end up costing the military a boatload of money, I have no problem with this bill at this time.
    What sort of special treatment?

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •