Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #301
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Ok, let us get this cleared up: It is my belief that Russian gays canít sue the military if they feel like they didnít get a promotion they were qualified for simply because they are gay. I donít have to look it up because I know it to be true balls to bones.

    I also think the same is true for 99% of the countries you folks are throwing in my face in an attempt to make the US look like it is more bigoted than the rest of the world.

    I call you on your claim that Russia (an others) not having a ban on gays is the same as it is in the US. Gays have rights, as a protected group, in the US that they donít have in other countries.

    So, if you think you can just throw out a list of countries that donít have bans on gays serving in the military and claim that wins your argument for you, you are mistaken.
    You have not shown where they are different. You have not shown any evidence that lawsuits would be a problem. You have not shown anything really.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #302
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, you are trying to connect two dots that are not even in the same plane of existence. It fails, apdst.
    He is not trying to connect the dots, he is just trying to sorta suggest that maybe the connection is there. it's the same thing, but with denyability.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #303
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Really? Iíll have to confirm this, but if true, this will have a major impact on my reasons for opposing the bill.

    I honestly hope you are correct.
    Google searches are your friend. You will end up here: Feres v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Now you see why you should do your own homework?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #304
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    There is a caveat. If the ACLU can sue the military for discrimination against a service member on behalf of that service member or while that service member is still in the service, my argument stands. If not, I might have to retract my opposition to this bill.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Fantastic, the Democratic Congress managed to repeal something that 67% of Americans wanted repealed, including over 80% of Democrats, 70% of independents, and 47% of Republicans. How is this a victory? It's the most obvious thing ever.

    It's a crazy day in America when an issue the vast majority of the nation and over 80% of Democrats agree on is repealed, and this is seen as a victory for the Democratic leadership.

    American politics are laughably absurd. I can't believe they've convinced some of you that this administration is being "tough" in any meaningful sense of the word

  6. #306
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,971

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Really? I’ll have to confirm this, but if true, this will have a major impact on my reasons for opposing the bill.

    I honestly hope you are correct.
    It is absolutely true. An active duty servicemember cannot sue the military/US government while serving. Any issue that comes up concerning discrimination and/or harassment has to be handled by the person's chain of command.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #307
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have not shown where they are different. You have not shown any evidence that lawsuits would be a problem. You have not shown anything really.
    I don't have to show anything do I?

    Your point? Other than being insulting?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #308
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,971

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    There is a caveat. If the ACLU can sue the military for discrimination against a service member on behalf of that service member or while that service member is still in the service, my argument stands. If not, I might have to retract my opposition to this bill.
    A proxy (which is what the ACLU would be) cannot also not sue the military on behalf of an active servicemember.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #309
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Google searches are your friend. You will end up here: Feres v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Now you see why you should do your own homework?
    See my last post.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #310
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    2. My drama? lol, I’m talking about the shortcomings of this bill and all you can come up with is my “drama”? lol
    You said this bill would weaken the military. That's drama and silliness. Won't do a thing to weaken the military.
    Do not write in this space!

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •