Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It should be a victory for our armed forces. Anything else and it was a waste of time.
    A very very true statement. In this case I think it is a victory for our military.

  2. #272
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Well the supporters of DADT obviously have better things to do than answer my questions but I’ll ask again:

    Of those countries that don’t have a homosexual ban, who among them allow for a homosexual to sue the military for discrimination?

    Many of you keep touting the fact that the US is one of the last to take such a step yet you won’t think about the reasons {they don’t have bans} just like you won’t think about how this legislation can harm {our} military.
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 12-18-10 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Edits in { } for clarification

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #273
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Well, the supporters of DADT obviously have better things to do than answer my questions but I’ll ask again:

    Of those countries that don’t have a homosexual ban, who among them allow for a homosexual to sue the military for discrimination?

    Many of you keep touting the fact that the US is one of the last to take such a step yet you won’t think about the reasons just like you won’t think about how this legislation can harm the military.
    Since you are curious about this, I would recommend looking it up. Let us know.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Many of you keep touting the fact that the US is one of the last to take such a step yet you won’t think about the reasons just like you won’t think about how this legislation can harm the military.
    That's just it, in the long term I think it will make our military better. Of course there will be some incidents just like even today we have issues with racial and gender discrimination. But they are a small fraction to the whole of the military.

  5. #275
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Since you are curious about this, I would recommend looking it up. Let us know.
    I don’t need to look it up. I know that Russia doesn’t have a ban against gays because gays don’t have any rights.

    It’s easy for you folks to throw out examples of how bigoted the US is when you don’t bother to think things through to their logical conclusions.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  6. #276
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I will admit you have and unusual perspective on the issue........Most women I know are diagusted by male gay sex but whatever floats your boat..........
    And most gay men are disgusted by you having sex of any kind. What was your point again?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #277
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That's just it, in the long term I think it will make our military better. Of course there will be some incidents just like even today we have issues with racial and gender discrimination. But they are a small fraction to the whole of the military.
    If there were a draft, I would concede your point but the military is turning down a lot of applicants and has some pretty strict rules for admission. I just don’t see how you can say this makes the military better.

    So the military budget didn’t change much to accommodate women when they were allowed to serve?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I don’t need to look it up. I know that Russia doesn’t have a ban against gays because gays don’t have any rights.

    It’s easy for you folks to throw out examples of how bigoted the US is when you don’t bother to think things through to their logical conclusions.
    What kind of ridiculous straw man argument is this? Whenever my gay family members and friends are affected by Russian laws, I'll get back to you and speak to you about how bigoted they are. Until then, the bigotry in Russia is a Russian problem.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #279
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    “While he regrets missing the votes, it was a family obligation that he just could not break.” — e-mail, Manchin Spokeswoman Sara Payne Scarbro¹

    Apparently nobody died in the Manchin family. This country currently has men and women serving in two foreign wars, separated from their families every day, missing all their family obligations and this senator couldn't show up for his job. I think little of him.

    Excerpted from “Manchin skips votes on DADT, DREAM Act,” December 18, 2010 by Alison Knezevich on “Squawk Box, A Gazette Statehouse blog,” The Charleston Gazette (West Virginia)
    Today is a big day in the U.S. Senate, and Sen. Joe Manchin isn’t there.

    Manchin missed key votes today on the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell” — which advanced and is headed for a final vote this afternoon — and the DREAM Act, which died today and would have created a pathway to citizenship for young people who were brought to the country illegally. …
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  10. #280
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I don’t need to look it up. I know that Russia doesn’t have a ban against gays because gays don’t have any rights.

    It’s easy for you folks to throw out examples of how bigoted the US is when you don’t bother to think things through to their logical conclusions.
    Sexual orientation and military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Uh huh.

    Anyway, more fun with freepers:
    Attention: Conservatives. Think about this every time you make blanket accusations about liberals using extremists as an example. I could just as easily slap these sorts of people on all of you if I were that blindly partisan.
    The Draft being ushered in under the Democrats! What Irony!
    That's... quite the leap.

    I wonder if America needs a Pinochet to straighten things out?
    Democracy does something I agree with, END IT!

    The repeal of DADT is a mean to an end, not the end. The military has always been used by the left as an engine of social change, ie. racial integration, women’s rights etc. This is not about getting gays into the military, its about gaining acceptance for gays out of the military.
    Well, yeah, actually, it kinda is about that too...

    NAME THE G-D DAMN RINOS WHO SUPPORTED THIS TRAVESTY... AND THEN LIGHT THE TORCHES AND GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS... ITS HANGING TIME!
    When I use the phrase "regressive," I'm usually thinking people who want to regress 30 years, not 300...

    really.
    we have to stop this repeal as if they get this then they will be cross dressing on base, homosexual parties, men holding and kissing on base .
    Then they say we can die but cannot marry so overturn DOMA

    This HAS TO BE STOPPED.
    That darn slippery slope of giving people the same rights as us white straight christian males...

    Sad day in America. Right up there with Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and the stupid health care bill.
    and that time they ran out of ketchup at Denny's!!!!

    A two temporary extension on tax marginal rates cost us what? The Pink Hand™ rules and now we are all riding the bone. I personally don't like it. When is a serious secession movement going to start?
    Last time it was over the right to own slaves, this time it's over the right to not have to know if the dude in the trench next to me is gay? Civil War 3 will be over who gets the last slice of pizza.

    Knowing the democrats, I fear they will try to make being gay mandatory in the military.
    :facepalm:
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •