Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 663

Thread: DADT cloture passes

  1. #181
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Who is stating that it is hearsay?



    You seem confused. According to my Christian faith, I dislike homosexuality---the concept, not the people. Clarified?
    so you are against gay women serving openly.. what is so hard about saying it in a straight manner?

  2. #182
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Personally, as I have always said, I don't hate homosexuals. Religiously, I disagree with their lifestyle. Furthermore, I don't wish to see soldiers being "forced" to act as homosexuals, be threatened with sensivity training, or be subjucated to such influence against their will. Meaning, being forced to accept it. The soldiers should be allowed to not shower openly with homosexual men; not using absolutes, one would be unwise to not understand possibilities.
    Our soldiers already have plenty of "sensitivity training." I imagine any additional information will just be incorporated into the classes they already attend.

    Soldiers already shower with gay men. They're just going to have to suck it up.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's the fact it is "not" documented and is based on second hand information.
    You're dealing in absolutes. Unwise. I am curious. Would you accept all second-hand information as false?

  4. #184
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Some lesbians are really cute with their little haircuts.. of course some have long hair and are very feminine too. I liked the lesbian that was just on America's Next Top Model.. she had such a sweet personality.
    Hey I don't have a problem with Lesbians after all they love the greatest thing that God ever created the same as I do...
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #185
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Redress although never stationed on one I have spent time on carriers and you have all the comforts of home.........Most of the time you don't even know your underway...You should ride a destroyer in a hurricane off of Cape hatteras N.C............You would thank your lucky stars you served on a carrier in a squadron
    Bull crap, NP. It does not feel like home on a carrier. I have never been woken up for watch at home, just to bump my head on a light or the bunk above me. I have never had to run from my bedroom to anywhere in my house because of a drill, either GQ, man overboard (would be quite funny to hear inside a house on land though), or plant drills. I don't have to worry about not getting to eat dinner (especially Thanksgiving dinner) at home because I didn't make it to the early chow line in time. Plus, at home, I don't have to worry about signing up to do my laundry. Nor do I have to worry that my showers will be either freezing cold or burning hot for weeks on end because of the temperature of the seawater around me (so there really isn't anything that can be done about it).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-19-10 @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    75

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hey I don't have a problem with Lesbians after all they love the greatest thing that God ever created the same as I do...
    This might be the funniest thing I've ever read.

  7. #187
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Is that because they are not a threat to you kelzie
    Well neither are a couple of lesbians. Gay men are just hotter cause they're...well...men. And there's two of them.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  8. #188
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You seem confused. According to my Christian faith, I dislike homosexuality---the concept, not the people. Clarified?
    No, because the two cannot be divided like that. It's like saying you hate tallness in people, and think that it makes a person inferior, but you don't hate tall people. If you act with malice towards a person, you have hate in your heart, regardless of how you describe it. And yes, trying to keep people as second class citizens counts as malice.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    so you are against gay women serving openly.. what is so hard about saying it in a straight manner?
    I thought I made it clear. If you are "having difficulties" understanding my obvious statements, why should I take you seriously?

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: DADT cloture passes

    For navy Pride:


Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •