Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

  1. #61
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,439

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The cable existed and was leaked. It contained incorrect information. Such is the nature of raw intelligence.

    Moore's film was highly complimentary of the Cuban medical system in comparison to the American system. And why not? The whole film was about the cruelty imposed by the American healthcare insurance industry which sells inferior products that don't cover real life issues and which when exposed to significant pay outs, cuts off the beneficiaries on any technicality available. The penalties and fines imposed on the industry by the courts and state regulators that were described in Moore's film are real; this is an industry rife with corruption and deceit. The American system is awful and any system, such as the Cuban system which provides universal coverage to all its citizens looks pretty damn good in comparison. Thank God, Obama and the Democrats have reformed our system; it was literally killing us.

    So I assume that you'll be making the flight to Havana when you need medical services? We wouldn't want you to have to put up with the inferior American system.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #62
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,134

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Why is it so difficult for some of you to read simple facts??? The movie was shown in Cuba in January. Not on TV but in theatres.
    Dude it's Sandokan he spouts anti-Castro rhetoric for a living. Look at his post history it's all anti-Castro crap. Most of it isn't even true, and if you attempt to debate him he just covers his ears and runs away.

    I mean ffs he's quoting The Real Cuba website, which is one of the most hilariously dishonest anti-Castro sites I have ever seen.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,439

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Dude it's Sandokan he spouts anti-Castro rhetoric for a living. Look at his post history it's all anti-Castro crap. Most of it isn't even true, and if you attempt to debate him he just covers his ears and runs away.

    I mean ffs he's quoting The Real Cuba website, which is one of the most hilariously dishonest anti-Castro sites I have ever seen.

    Is there a problem now with ABC's 20/20 as well, or is it just a narrative you can't allow to stand so you must attack the poster, and not the message?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    24,909

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    The message is a lie. The movie was shown on Cuba state TV. Keep on keeping the fear alive.....
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The message is a lie. The movie was shown on Cuba state TV. Keep on keeping the fear alive.....
    Conservatism - where fact checking is nonexistent

  6. #66
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,479

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    so how do we know who is telling the truth... Micheal Moore or the source in the OP?
    well, who benefits from propogating their claim?

  7. #67
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,479

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    “Moore has quite a bit more reason to” tell the truth than anybody concerned, left or right, because he knows the underlying truth supports his position that the American health insurance is unjust, unfair and inefficient. It really is that simple.
    hilarious, i almost thought you were serious

  8. #68
    Guru

    Sandokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angels, USA
    Last Seen
    06-11-18 @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,887

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Why is it so difficult for some of you to read simple facts??? The movie was shown in Cuba in January. Not on TV but in theatres.
    Moore’s response on his site includes this info:

    'Sicko' had just been playing in Cuban theaters. Then the entire nation of Cuba was shown the film on national television on April 25, 2008!

    “Or, how ’bout this little April 25, 2008 notice from CubaSi.Cu (translation by Google):

    Sicko premiere in Cuba
    25/04/2008
    The documentary Sicko, the U.S. filmmaker Michael Moore, which deals about the deplorable state of American health care system will be released today at 5:50 pm, for the space Cubavision Roundtable and the Education Channel.

    The story speaks of the April 25 TV showing as a “premiere in Cuba.” It doesn’t mention any theater released previous to the TV showing.

    In the Internet Movie Database worldwide release dates for Sicko, Cuba was not listed among the release dates for many countries and film festivals. Google searches of “Sicko” with release date in Cuba did not return any other information.

    Can you provide the “simple facts” of when the movie was shown in Cuba in January 2008? It shouldn’t be difficult for you to provide reliable sources of the theatrical showing in Cuba in January 2008.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post
    Moore’s response on his site includes this info:

    'Sicko' had just been playing in Cuban theaters. Then the entire nation of Cuba was shown the film on national television on April 25, 2008!

    “Or, how ’bout this little April 25, 2008 notice from CubaSi.Cu (translation by Google):

    Sicko premiere in Cuba
    25/04/2008
    The documentary Sicko, the U.S. filmmaker Michael Moore, which deals about the deplorable state of American health care system will be released today at 5:50 pm, for the space Cubavision Roundtable and the Education Channel.

    The story speaks of the April 25 TV showing as a “premiere in Cuba.” It doesn’t mention any theater released previous to the TV showing.

    In the Internet Movie Database worldwide release dates for Sicko, Cuba was not listed among the release dates for many countries and film festivals. Google searches of “Sicko” with release date in Cuba did not return any other information.

    Can you provide the “simple facts” of when the movie was shown in Cuba in January 2008? It shouldn’t be difficult for you to provide reliable sources of the theatrical showing in Cuba in January 2008.
    Corrections and clarifications | From the Guardian | The Guardian

    Contrary to a claim made in a leaked US diplomatic cable whose contents we reported, Sicko – a documentary by film-maker Michael Moore – was not banned in Cuba. The film, which examines US healthcare through comparisons with some countries' publicly funded systems, including Cuba's, was in fact shown in film theatres throughout the island and on national TV (Cuba 'vetoed' healthcare film, 18 December, page 7).

  10. #70
    Guru

    Sandokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angels, USA
    Last Seen
    06-11-18 @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,887

    Re: WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting 'mythical' healthcare system

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    Corrections and clarifications | From the Guardian | The Guardian

    Contrary to a claim made in a leaked US diplomatic cable whose contents we reported, Sicko – a documentary by film-maker Michael Moore – was not banned in Cuba. The film, which examines US healthcare through comparisons with some countries' publicly funded systems, including Cuba's, was in fact shown in film theatres throughout the island and on national TV (Cuba 'vetoed' healthcare film, 18 December, page 7).
    You too have omitted to answer the question of when the movie was shown in Cuba in January 2008. Please provide reliable sources of the theatrical showing in Cuba in January 2008.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •