View Poll Results: Should Michael Vick be allowed to own a dog?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    15 34.88%
  • No way

    14 32.56%
  • I don't care

    11 25.58%
  • He should get 2 wives and start a cat fight

    2 4.65%
  • He should learn to fly, but would he end up in a dogfight again?

    1 2.33%
  • He should marry a real bitch

    2 4.65%
  • He should eat all his meals with dogs, with Alpo as main course

    4 9.30%
  • He should get shot by Snoop Dogg

    5 11.63%
  • He should be given to Scooby Doo as a Scooby Snack

    5 11.63%
  • Bring him to DP, and let Blackdog kick his ass

    9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 247

Thread: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

  1. #221
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    When it's normalized you think nothing of it. He has learned his lesson it seems, and I see no reason why he should have a dog. Seriously, the dog he would probably adopt won't be a fighting dog, and will probably be euthanized if he didn't take it in. I see no problem with this, now if he abuses animals again I will agree with you. But people deserve a second chance, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to have a dog.
    What makes you think he's "learned his lesson"? Because he's exciting to watch (as you posted before)?

  2. #222
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Okay, I admit, this isn't unreasonable and is probably actually harsher than what actually happens to certain sex offenders now. You have made me curious. What do you think of lifetime sex offender regisration?
    Depends. (good answer?) The registration laws are flawed. In California, you have to register if you are convicted of crimes such as sexual battery (which could be grabbing someone's ass in a bar), Lewd conduct (consensual sexual conduct in a public place), sex with a minor (which generally SHOULD be registerable or life imprisonment, but this also includes situations where you have a 17 year old engaging in sex with their 19 year old boyfriend.
    As for other more serious sex crimes, yes....I do believe in lifetime registration.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #223
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    When it's normalized you think nothing of it. He has learned his lesson it seems, and I see no reason why he should have a dog. Seriously, the dog he would probably adopt won't be a fighting dog, and will probably be euthanized if he didn't take it in. I see no problem with this, now if he abuses animals again I will agree with you. But people deserve a second chance, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to have a dog.
    Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me.

    Why would you ever put drugs in the hands of a drug addict. Rehabilitated or not?
    Last edited by disneydude; 12-20-10 at 11:30 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #224
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me.

    Why would you ever put drugs in the hands of a drug addict. Rehabilitated or not?
    Speaking as an expert on drug addiction, as a drug addict who has not used drugs in the past 25 years, I can say that, as a musician, I have been around drugs many times since I quit. I still don't do drugs. I learned my lesson, and I believe that Michael Vick has learned his. He paid the price for what he did, and now deserves the benefit of the doubt. In my case, I am grateful that people have not held my past against me, and as a result, I have done very well as a productive citizen. Vick also deserves his chance to be a good citizen.
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-21-10 at 12:31 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #225
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    As a drug addict who has not used drugs in the past 25 years, I can say that, as a musician, I have been around drugs many times since I quit. I still don't do drugs. I learned my lesson, and I believe that Michael Vick has learned his.
    Because you've talked with him have you? Or is it just because he wants another dog? Empathy is not a lesson you can learn.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    What makes you think he's "learned his lesson"? Because he's exciting to watch (as you posted before)?
    By all of his actions off the football field, which have been documented numerous times in this thread. What makes you think he hasn't learned his lesson. All we have to go by is how he presents himself, and he seems to have learned his lesson.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #227
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    By all of his actions off the football field, which have been documented numerous times in this thread. What makes you think he hasn't learned his lesson. All we have to go by is how he presents himself, and he seems to have learned his lesson.
    I'm curious how it is you think someone learns empathy. Can you learn to feel empathy for your television? Or will it always be an object whose sole purpose is to supply you with entertainment?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I'm curious how it is you think someone learns empathy. Can you learn to feel empathy for your television? Or will it always be an object whose sole purpose is to supply you with entertainment?
    Television, animal, two completely different things, bad analogy.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #229
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Because you've talked with him have you? Or is it just because he wants another dog? Empathy is not a lesson you can learn.
    It's not about empathy. In my case, are you going to hold it against me that I am a drug addict, even though I have not used drugs for 25 years? People make mistakes. I made mine, and they are now behind me. If people had held my former drug usage against me, there is no way I could have contributed to the community as a good citizen. Sure, Vick's crime was terrible, but he already paid his price. Let him be a good citizen now. It's OVER, and is nothing more than fodder for political talking heads.
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-21-10 at 12:41 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #230
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Television, animal, two completely different things, bad analogy.
    Oh because you say so? Well then, I suppose I should just log off right now.

    I think it's quite obvious that Vick viewed dogs as less than property. He killed them and forced them to kill each other. Now apparently you think he can go from regarding something as property with the only purpose being his entertainment to a living, breathing entity deserving of love. Please explain how one does that. Perhaps with a bit more skill then "cause I said so."
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •