View Poll Results: Should Michael Vick be allowed to own a dog?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    15 34.88%
  • No way

    14 32.56%
  • I don't care

    11 25.58%
  • He should get 2 wives and start a cat fight

    2 4.65%
  • He should learn to fly, but would he end up in a dogfight again?

    1 2.33%
  • He should marry a real bitch

    2 4.65%
  • He should eat all his meals with dogs, with Alpo as main course

    4 9.30%
  • He should get shot by Snoop Dogg

    5 11.63%
  • He should be given to Scooby Doo as a Scooby Snack

    5 11.63%
  • Bring him to DP, and let Blackdog kick his ass

    9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 247

Thread: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

  1. #131
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    I practiced Tae Kwon Do for eight years. I was in the US coast guard for six years. I very well know the difference between merely taking classes and being TRAINED versus putting your butt on the line for slaughter. In both boxing and the MMA, one lucky punch or kick, respectively can ruin you for the rest of your life.
    It's funny to me when you mentioned comraderie. Sometimes sparring partners end up actually fighting one another in the ring. They are regarded as "being professional" when they are able to put their frienship aside, so they can bash one anothers heads in all for the purpose of entertainment and money. That's what I call real friendship!

    Like I said before, human beings never cease to amaze me!

    PS.

    We seem to have an unquenchable thirst for violence, aggression, bloodshed, and ego-adoration...
    Before you pretend to understand it, try visiting an MMA gym. Sure...some attitudes dont mesh. Most of the people in the gym work together. They train together.

    So...while you were training for Tae Kwon Do were you engaging in it because you loved it or because it was 'the only way out'?

    Those that reach the pinaccle of ANY contact sport do it not because they are trying to get out of the ghetto (way to revive some 60's boxing stereotype). People compete in the octagon for free...for t-shirts...for gift coupons...for pride. The military has incorporated it in its soldier training. Those that are making a living at it count themselves lucky...they arent some Richard Gere, running drills in the rain, snot dripping down their face screamin to their DI "I got nowhere else to go!"

  2. #132
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So are you saying that most of these guys couldn't be bribed NOT to fight?

    Dude, please!

    It's entirely about the money!
    Considering the GREAT...and I mean VAST majority...like 99% of people that engage in MMA will NEVER make money at it, thats kind of a silly notion you are clinging to.

  3. #133
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post


    Okay, go ahead and ignore someone who's been a prizefighter. You couldn't have bribed me to stay out of the ring in my day... I liked to fight. (I was young, lol.)
    I fought amateur...wasnt bad, but I figured 12-4 would never translate to a pro career. I still spar to this day. Its great exercise. I worked with my son while he was training MMA...he wasnt bad...a sucker for armbars...but he still works at it while in the army. Its just foolishness to present as a valid argument the only reason engage in MMA or boxing or martial arts is because they see it as a source of income.

  4. #134
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    LOL, MMA fighters know the risks better than you ever could. That's why they train so hard, to minimize their risks. They certainly don't need you protecting them from themselves. Another thing you don't know is that MMA is less likely to result in significant head injury than boxing or football. Whatever, it's apparent you're not interested reality but rather you want to stick to your ridiculous assertions no matter how many times they're shown to be incorrect. I find your sig to be extremely ironic.

    That's weird, why are they not all lining up to become MMA fighters since you're claiming that's the only way the poor make it out of poverty.
    There's no way that Jose Aldo, Shane Mosley, Smooth Ben Henderson, or Anthony Pettis would fight in the MMA without the money!

    Have you ever read their bios or even listened to their interviews?
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  5. #135
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering the GREAT...and I mean VAST majority...like 99% of people that engage in MMA will NEVER make money at it, thats kind of a silly notion you are clinging to.
    And the overwhelming majority would like to make money at it! If they listen too much to their egos and not enough to reality, they'll stay in the "game" too long and they'll be looking for charity and someone to lead them to the restroom.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  6. #136
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    And the overwhelming majority would like to make money at it! If they listen too much to their egos and not enough to reality, they'll stay in the "game" too long and they'll be looking for charity and someone to lead them to the restroom.
    That they DONT make money at it and continue to train spar and fight sorta disproves your point. Every gym rate has fantasies of playing in the NBA...but they play for the love of the game. You dont take the physical pounding for any other reason.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    One thing that this thread has accomplished is separating those who know about fighting and those who have only been to the movies......I will leave it at that.

  8. #138
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Are you serious? Vick ABSOLUTELY used and abused those dogs for his own pleasure.
    I disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What do you think dog fighting is about?
    Profit.
    Because...
    The Ultimate Excuse.

  9. #139
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You may not agree that animals are nothing more than personal property, but that's what the law says.

    I don't agree with it either, but that's the way it is...all 50 states.
    I know legally they are, and I'm glad you agree . But I was just questioning the validity of the law is all.
    Ⓐ☭"We take men for what they are worth and that is why we hate the government of man by man, and that we work with all our might perhaps not strong enough to put an end to it." -Peter Kropotkin ☭Ⓐ

  10. #140
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That they DONT make money at it and continue to train spar and fight sorta disproves your point. Every gym rate has fantasies of playing in the NBA...but they play for the love of the game. You dont take the physical pounding for any other reason.
    The only time a person should inflict pain upon another or subject another to severe injury, should be at a time of emergency, when there no other options. Strictly for defensive purposes only! Otherwise, the people involved are not thinking clearly.

    For a person to voluntarily enter the ring with another person of equivalent destructive skills, for the purpose of intentional detriment, is irrational. Your opponent could deliver the most devastating blow to your head that you've ever encountered. As highly skilled as Ben Henderson is, he got caught with a kick to the head, that cost him the championship. That kick could just as well, have cost him his life or his ability to control his motor functions.

    Fighters take chances to become great so that they can earn more money. After you do it for awhile, it becomes your only employable skill. There's nothing else you can do to earn money (except to work at Kelzie's Hamburger joint).

    These fighters, fight for money. If not for immediate big money, it's for big money down the line. Otherwise, the risk exceeds the rewards in time. While you're young, you take the risk. If you're not so successful, you get out. It's a very quick game and a very dangerous game. All played for the money!
    Last edited by Hancock; 12-20-10 at 08:01 AM.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •