View Poll Results: Should Michael Vick be allowed to own a dog?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    15 34.88%
  • No way

    14 32.56%
  • I don't care

    11 25.58%
  • He should get 2 wives and start a cat fight

    2 4.65%
  • He should learn to fly, but would he end up in a dogfight again?

    1 2.33%
  • He should marry a real bitch

    2 4.65%
  • He should eat all his meals with dogs, with Alpo as main course

    4 9.30%
  • He should get shot by Snoop Dogg

    5 11.63%
  • He should be given to Scooby Doo as a Scooby Snack

    5 11.63%
  • Bring him to DP, and let Blackdog kick his ass

    9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 247

Thread: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

  1. #121
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Man was able to hunt Mammoths before guns. Guns make it easier; but there's also tactics and understanding of animals and their habits. Animals are not on the same level as humans. We may feel this or that for certain creatures; but in the end we do treat them like property. And they are a type of property in all legal sense.
    I wrote a post for you a few pages back

  2. #122
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Do you even have the first clue what you are talking about? There are literally MILLIONS of people that engage in amatuer level MMA schools, training, and local events. The do it for the fun of it (twisted as that may be). You might want to look in a local phone book and go to a few of the training gyms. You will find men AND women training and fighting because they LIKE it.

    Edit: Major universities have for DECADES sponsored amateur boxing matches, amateurs train and fight and spar with no plan of ever going beyond the amateur ranks. We do it because we LIKE it. Not that we like to pummel people to oblivion but we like the sport, the exercise, the challenge, and the comraderie.
    I practiced Tae Kwon Do for eight years. I was in the US coast guard for six years. I very well know the difference between merely taking classes and being TRAINED versus putting your butt on the line for slaughter. In both boxing and the MMA, one lucky punch or kick, respectively can ruin you for the rest of your life.
    It's funny to me when you mentioned comraderie. Sometimes sparring partners end up actually fighting one another in the ring. They are regarded as "being professional" when they are able to put their frienship aside, so they can bash one anothers heads in all for the purpose of entertainment and money. That's what I call real friendship!

    Like I said before, human beings never cease to amaze me!

    PS.

    We seem to have an unquenchable thirst for violence, aggression, bloodshed, and ego-adoration...
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    Most fighters choose the MMA because its their only way out! Not because they relish the idea of cleaning someone's clock. They're at least rational enough to know that they run the risk of getting their own clocks cleaned too!

    Trust me, it's the MONEY!

    You guys have to realize that just like the dogs didn't choose to fight. Most MMA fighters would much prefer to do something else, other than run the risk of suffering permanent brain damage.

    Some fight for the money. Some for the glory, some for the challenge, some because they like violence. Many for a combination of the above.

    I used to be a prizefighter, and before that an amateur. Mostly I did it because I liked the challenge. Later it was a combination of the challenge and also that I could use the money. I gave it up one day after I decided the lost brain cells were not worth it, but I still train and teach the skillsets.

    Saying it is only the money is inaccurate.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #124
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    How on earth is it going too far? They are over the age of 18 and of sound mind. They are able to consent getting into a ring and getting the **** kicked out of them. If you're really going to question that, your logic is so far out there that there's not much point in debating.



    And Vick, like the MMA fighters, also gets to choose if he will play football or not. However, not only are there laws that make what Vick did ILLEGAL, but in a basic appeal to humanity, it is wrong to force those who have no choice to fight to the death.



    You're being ridiculous. They have a choice. They can flip burgers for all I care. Everyone else in America manages to find a job, they can too. However, dogs do not have a choice. They fight or they are killed. Are you really saying those are the choice available to MMA fighters?
    I have no idea what your last question is asking!

    First of all, you of all people should already know that just because you're 18 years old, that does NOT make you sound of mind. Besides, when you really examine the human species, who if any of us are really "sound of mind"... Human beings live by the unrelenting theme of veritable contradiction.

    So when an MMA fighter gets into the ring, do you really think that he has completely and rationally thought things out? Alternatively, perhaps he's just tossing the dice in hopes that he will get lucky. Based upon his self-believed skills and his possible prior successful triumphant fight record, he takes an educated guess and gambles that he will win. Most MMA fighters in particular, if given money NOT to fight, would prefer NOT to fight. It's the money that they're after, not the glory! It most certainly is not the glory, because the risk of getting your clock cleaned is NOT worth all the glory in the world...

    Let's not forget, people eat animals! In some countries people eat dogs, cats, and chickens. I would much prefer that a dog, a cat, or perhaps a chicken lose its life, as opposed to another human being becoming injured. When that MMA fighter gets into the ring, has he really thought the situation out completely? Has he really been that rational human being? I think NOT!

    He has not considered the possibility of suffering trauma to the brain. Enough trauma will render anyone brain dead. Minor trauma over extended periods of time can cause permanent damage, as well... ie Muhammed Ali.

    I personally would order the killing of millions of dogs, if I could save the life, limb, or quality of life for just one human being.

    PS.

    Where did you get the idea that anybody can find a job?

    People are now lining up by the hundreds just to work for Walmart and Burger King!
    Last edited by Hancock; 12-20-10 at 12:10 AM.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  5. #125
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Some fight for the money. Some for the glory, some for the challenge, some because they like violence. Many for a combination of the above.

    I used to be a prizefighter, and before that an amateur. Mostly I did it because I liked the challenge. Later it was a combination of the challenge and also that I could use the money. I gave it up one day after I decided the lost brain cells were not worth it, but I still train and teach the skillsets.

    Saying it is only the money is inaccurate.
    So are you saying that most of these guys couldn't be bribed NOT to fight?

    Dude, please!

    It's entirely about the money!
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,605

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    Don't be so easily fooled. Most MMA fighters don't fight because they want to! Most boxers don't box because they want to! They fight because there's a purse invovled. THEY FIGHT FOR MONEY!!!!
    and that makes them different than 95% of the people who have jobs?



  7. #127
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Man was able to hunt Mammoths before guns. Guns make it easier; but there's also tactics and understanding of animals and their habits. Animals are not on the same level as humans. We may feel this or that for certain creatures; but in the end we do treat them like property. And they are a type of property in all legal sense.
    That's not exactly true. There are laws against abusing animals which mean there are legal limits to what you can do to animal. This is not the case for most other types of property.

  8. #128
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    I have no idea what your last question is asking!

    First of all, you of all people should already know that just because you're 18 years old, that does NOT make you sound of mind. Besides, when you really examine the human species, who if any of us are really "sound of mind"... Human beings live by the unrelenting theme of veritable contradiction.

    So when an MMA fighter gets into the ring, do you really think that he has completely and rationally thought things out? Alternatively, perhaps he's just tossing the dice in hopes that he will get lucky. Based upon his self-believed skills and his possible prior successful triumphant fight record, he takes an educated guess and gambles that he will win. Most MMA fighters in particular, if given money NOT to fight, would prefer NOT to fight. It's the money that they're after, not the glory! It most certainly is not the glory, because the risk of getting your clock cleaned is NOT worth all the glory in the world...

    Let's not forget, people eat animals! In some countries people eat dogs, cats, and chickens. I would much prefer that a dog, a cat, or perhaps a chicken lose its life, as opposed to another human being becoming injured. When that MMA fighter gets into the ring, has he really thought the situation out completely? Has he really been that rational human being? I think NOT!

    He has not considered the possibility of suffering trauma to the brain. Enough trauma will render anyone brain dead. Minor trauma over extended periods of time can cause permanent damage, as well... ie Muhammed Ali.

    I personally would order the killing of millions of dogs, if I could save the life, limb, or quality of life for just one human being.

    PS.

    Where did you get the idea that anybody can find a job?

    People are now lining up by the hundreds just to work for Walmart and Burger King!
    LOL, MMA fighters know the risks better than you ever could. That's why they train so hard, to minimize their risks. They certainly don't need you protecting them from themselves. Another thing you don't know is that MMA is less likely to result in significant head injury than boxing or football. Whatever, it's apparent you're not interested reality but rather you want to stick to your ridiculous assertions no matter how many times they're shown to be incorrect. I find your sig to be extremely ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post

    People are now lining up by the hundreds just to work for Walmart and Burger King!
    That's weird, why are they not all lining up to become MMA fighters since you're claiming that's the only way the poor make it out of poverty.
    Last edited by X Factor; 12-20-10 at 12:55 AM.

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So are you saying that most of these guys couldn't be bribed NOT to fight?

    Dude, please!

    It's entirely about the money!



    Okay, go ahead and ignore someone who's been a prizefighter. You couldn't have bribed me to stay out of the ring in my day... I liked to fight. (I was young, lol.)

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #130
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post


    Okay, go ahead and ignore someone who's been a prizefighter. You couldn't have bribed me to stay out of the ring in my day... I liked to fight. (I was young, lol.)
    This whole discussion has become laughable. There may have been a time in which someone would have seen boxing as a ticket out.

    With MMA there is just way too much blood and sweat gone into it to be taken so lightly. For boxing I had one cousin who went pro for the simple fact he loved the sport.
    As Goshin states these guys aren't going to take a bribe. The assertion is 100% BUNK.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •