View Poll Results: Should Michael Vick be allowed to own a dog?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    15 34.88%
  • No way

    14 32.56%
  • I don't care

    11 25.58%
  • He should get 2 wives and start a cat fight

    2 4.65%
  • He should learn to fly, but would he end up in a dogfight again?

    1 2.33%
  • He should marry a real bitch

    2 4.65%
  • He should eat all his meals with dogs, with Alpo as main course

    4 9.30%
  • He should get shot by Snoop Dogg

    5 11.63%
  • He should be given to Scooby Doo as a Scooby Snack

    5 11.63%
  • Bring him to DP, and let Blackdog kick his ass

    9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 247

Thread: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

  1. #91
    User 400321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    04-10-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    49

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    Why in the world are you guys placing this indiscretion on the same level as pedophilia?

    That's just NOT smart!

    What can you say about a MMA fighter?

    The typical MMA fighter, beats the heck out of another human being (sometimes when they're already profusely bleeding), and once he knocks the guy out, he's still allowed to punch the guy some more until the referee stops the action. Many of these guys openly admit that they have a propensity for violence, bad tempers, and don't take any crap off of anyone one!

    Should we now register them as a possible threat to society and have them go to the nearest police station to announce their presence to the unsuspecting community?

    What Vick did was less than beating the heck out of another human being. He caused no harm to another human being! People cause grave detriment to other people on a daily basis and many members of our society would agree with the harm imposed.

    What Vick did was reprehensible! However, it was not unforgiveable!

    Quite possibly, the best therapy for Vick and the rest of us, would be to allow him to begin showing affection to another being. Perhaps, if successful, he won't have to pay this insufferable debt of eternal social stigma.

    My GOD! Give the guy a break!

    Don't forget, animals are NOT on the same level as humans. We eat animals everyday! Most of us don't want to know how the animal was killed. We're just happy as heck to have something warm, tender, tasty, and covered in gravy upon our plates.

    Bon Appetite!
    While animals are not on the same level as humans, I will agree there, but you don't make them fight to the death. Shoot them for food, but not for sport. He was killing senselessly, so how can you say he's not as bad as the MMA fighters?

  2. #92
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    It doesn't and he doesn't. No amount of jail time is going to make me start empathizing with spiders. I'll sing a pretty song to make people think I do, but I'll still squish them in the privacy of my own home. Seriously, if you ain't got, it, you ain't got it.
    So now, what are you doing here, Kelzie?

    You are reducing Vick to the level of an insect. He's really just another human being who made a mistake.

    Next, you're squishing the insect! Metaphorically speaking, you're killing Vick!

    Hey, Vick was just a dog killer!

    You're now espousing the propostion of MURDER!

    PS.

    I think that perhaps, Vick might be just a tad above MURDER!
    Last edited by Hancock; 12-19-10 at 01:33 PM.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  3. #93
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So now, what are you doing here, Kelzie?

    You are reducing Vick to the level of an insect. He's really just another human being who made a mistake.

    Next, you're squishing the insect! Metaphorically speaking, you're killing Vick!

    Hey, Vick was just a dog killer!

    You're now espousing the propostion of MURDER!

    PS.

    I think that perhaps, Vick might be just a tad above a MURDERER!
    He didn't just make a mistake. He systematically and repeatedly tortured dogs to death. That's not a mistake, it's a choice. And me saying he should never own another pet again is hardly punishing him for murder. It's calling a spade a spade. You can't go from enjoying watching animals being chewed apart to loving one.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #94
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by tsla View Post
    While animals are not on the same level as humans, I will agree there, but you don't make them fight to the death. Shoot them for food, but not for sport. He was killing senselessly, so how can you say he's not as bad as the MMA fighters?
    He wasn't killing senselessly. Believe me, the same senses that are involved when we watch MMA matches and boxing, are the same ones activated when people like Vick watched animals fight until death. The only difference was the fact that the animals were made to fight and kill one another, whereas the MMA fighters voluntarily signed contracts. Of course, there may have been some financial inducement there that made the event a requirement, financially speaking.

    I once met a PETA member who was an anti-gay racist! That means, it's ok to impose harm upon other human beings, but you'd better not even think about harming an animal. Make certain that cats and dogs eat everyday, but give nothing to the homeless.

    We humans are really something else!

    PS.

    She also had an adversion to the homeless, as well.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  5. #95
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So now, what are you doing here, Kelzie?

    You are reducing Vick to the level of an insect. He's really just another human being who made a mistake.

    Next, you're squishing the insect! Metaphorically speaking, you're killing Vick!

    Hey, Vick was just a dog killer!

    You're now espousing the propostion of MURDER!

    PS.

    I think that perhaps, Vick might be just a tad above MURDER!
    I think maybe you've gotten yourself lost in all your metaphores. Kelzie did not mean that squishing spiders means squishing Vick. That doesn't even make sense.

  6. #96
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    He didn't just make a mistake. He systematically and repeatedly tortured dogs to death. That's not a mistake, it's a choice. And me saying he should never own another pet again is hardly punishing him for murder. It's calling a spade a spade. You can't go from enjoying watching animals being chewed apart to loving one.
    So therefore, I can't go from beating other MMA guys heads in, on a daily basis, to just chilling at home, surrounded by all the rest of my MMA friends...Right?

    Please, that's exactly what they do!

    Let's not forget, Vick belonged to a club or group of guys doing this crazy stuff. You must always bear in mind that when people do evil things in groups, they feel validated and justified. This was true for NAZI Germany and it remains true for us today...
    Last edited by Hancock; 12-19-10 at 01:55 PM.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  7. #97
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think maybe you've gotten yourself lost in all your metaphores. Kelzie did not mean that squishing spiders means squishing Vick. That doesn't even make sense.
    Exactly! So therefore, perhaps YOU can explain what KELZIE intended...
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  8. #98
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So now, what are you doing here, Kelzie?

    You are reducing Vick to the level of an insect. He's really just another human being who made a mistake.

    Next, you're squishing the insect! Metaphorically speaking, you're killing Vick!

    Hey, Vick was just a dog killer!

    You're now espousing the propostion of MURDER!

    PS.

    I think that perhaps, Vick might be just a tad above MURDER!


    She isn't doing that at all.

    She is pointing out that his disturbing behavior shows such a lack of empathy as to be pathological, and not able to be truly changed. THere is much sound psychological basis for this, for although he may learn what to say in order to appear contrite, or may actually feel remorse for his actions (most likely only because of the consequences of such) his actual lack of empathy for other beings is a developmental stage he obviously missed.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #99
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    So therefore, I can't go from beating other MMA guys heads in, on a daily basis, to just chilling at home, surrounded by all the rest of my MMA friends...
    Also doesn't make sense. First off, MMA fighters are rational adults, capable of making their own decisions. Second Vick wasn't a MMA fighter. To make the analogy work at all, he'd have to be some sort of gladiator slave driver, which is getting a little ridiculous. Those dogs didn't chose to fight, Vick and his ilk forced them to fight to the death for their own sick amusement. Not even a little comparable to MMA.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  10. #100
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Vick says he would like a pet dog; anger follows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    He wasn't killing senselessly. Believe me, the same senses that are involved when we watch MMA matches and boxing, are the same ones activated when people like Vick watched animals fight until death. The only difference was the fact that the animals were made to fight and kill one another, whereas the MMA fighters voluntarily signed contracts. Of course, there may have been some financial inducement there that made the event a requirement, financially speaking.
    What you call "the only difference" makes all the difference. Humans always have a say in how they live, animals do not.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •