Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 351

Thread: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Thank you Redress, you have earned my respect.
    Ack, what did I do?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ack, what did I do?
    What?! What didn't I do?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #83
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I thought they didn't have standing because they weren't affected by the ruling or some such legal jargon.
    They didn't have standing because Brown refused to represent the voters. In other words, California had an election but refused to be a party to the defence of said election.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #84
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ack, what did I do?
    Trust me; it is most horrible to earn my respect. It’s almost as bad as kissing Glenn Beck on the lips.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    They didn't have standing because Brown refused to represent the voters. In other words, California had an election but refused to be a party to the defence of said election.
    That is a legal question though, and I am the first to admit I don't know legal stuff. Last I heard, the prop 8 backers would probably have standing.

    This is getting off topic...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    They didn't have standing because Brown refused to represent the voters. In other words, California had an election but refused to be a party to the defence of said election.
    Very interesting. Well aside from if Brown is legally or morally obligated to defend Prop 8, the judge was still doing his job.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  7. #87
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is a legal question though, and I am the first to admit I don't know legal stuff. Last I heard, the prop 8 backers would probably have standing.

    This is getting off topic...
    *sigh* It was so much easier back when we could let the topic creep.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  8. #88
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    *sigh* It was so much easier back when we could let the topic creep.
    We can some. I just pointed it out. It's not bad yet. No mod box or anything...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #89
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We can some. I just pointed it out. It's not bad yet. No mod box or anything...
    I turned a thread about Michelle Obama's child nutrition program into one about alternative energies. Apparently that is too much.

    We need Navy to come back. He's always willing to talk about DADT.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  10. #90
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Very interesting. Well aside from if Brown is legally or morally obligated to defend Prop 8, the judge was still doing his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    *sigh* It was so much easier back when we could let the topic creep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We can some. I just pointed it out. It's not bad yet. No mod box or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I turned a thread about Michelle Obama's child nutrition program into one about alternative energies. Apparently that is too much.

    We need Navy to come back. He's always willing to talk about DADT.
    You can have the last word on the prop 8 issue.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •