Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 351

Thread: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

  1. #41
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Almost no one left has had to sign such a statement, and it is not part of the actual service contract.
    That is because DADT is in effect..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is because DADT is in effect..........
    Correct. Your point is? You brought up signing a statement that you where not gay, it has not been done in 17 years.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I truly believe that any career enlisted man who enlisted and the gov. changed the contract in the middle of the stream be offered a way to resign and to be compeensated for it because he or she is giving up a lucrative retirement they worked hard for......
    The contract didn't change. Other people were offered different contracts.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I truly believe that any career enlisted man who enlisted and the gov. changed the contract in the middle of the stream be offered a way to resign and to be compeensated for it because he or she is giving up a lucrative retirement they worked hard for......
    Not going to happen, should not happen, there is zero reason for it to happen. You do not sign up to serve when things are how you want them, you sign up to serve, period.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Correct. Your point is? You brought up signing a statement that you where not gay, it has not been done in 17 years.
    Nothing in the contract says that you are excused from duty if a stray gay person gets thru the screening process.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Nothing in the contract says that you are excused from duty if a stray gay person gets thru the screening process.
    Even if it happens in May?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Correct. Your point is? You brought up signing a statement that you where not gay, it has not been done in 17 years.
    Sometimes I wish it was still in effect...........When gay guys made unwanted advances against straights they were court martialed and discharged with a discharge other then honorable...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sometimes I wish it was still in effect...........When gay guys made unwanted advances against straights they were court martialed and discharged with a discharge other then honorable...........
    Actually, a gay making an unwanted advance can result in an other than honorable. That would not be a DADT discharge, but a sexual harassment one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The contract didn't change. Other people were offered different contracts.
    You don't get it my left wing friend...Since 1993 gays have had to keep quiet about the sexual preference...People signed up under that law being in effect and now the gov is trying to change their contract with the people.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, a gay making an unwanted advance can result in an other than honorable. That would not be a DADT discharge, but a sexual harassment one.
    Most gays that are outted or come forward and admit the are gay to their CO are disccharged with honorable discharges..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •