Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 351

Thread: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

  1. #31
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Alright Senator Reid, time to step and do as you said. I would really like to see this repealed before the new year.

    for your side you sure as hell had better hope that happens because if it doesn't the bill is toast next year.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #32
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Again, it depends how the question is posed.............
    I gave you the exact survey and asked you to explain which questions were asked incorrectly, but you chose not to so I think you are full of it.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I gave you the exact survey and asked you to explain which questions were asked incorrectly, but you chose not to so I think you are full of it.

    Accoeding to the sailors I taled to on the NIMITZ the questions asked to the sailors was how do we implement DADT not if we should implement it.....I did not see the survey but that is what John McCain said to..........Regardless we are way past that point now...The point is will the Senate can take the bill up and finish it by Friday and I don't see any well in hell that can happen..........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 12-15-10 at 09:51 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #34
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,782

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Accoeding to the sailors I taled to on the NIMITZ the questions asked to the sailors was how do we implement DADT not if we should implement it.....I did not see the survey but that is what John McCain said to..........Regardless we are way past that point now...The point is will the Senate can take the bill up and finish it by Friday and I don't see any well in hell that can happen..........
    The survey is widely available online. It was very detailed. It did not ask "how should we implement DADT," it largely focused on the servicemembers experiences with homosexuals and perceptions about what serving with open homosexuals might do. It even asked specific questions about how they might feel if they had to share shower facilities with openly gay people.

    The overwhelming response was either neutral or positive towards open homosexuals being allowed to serve, especially among those who had actually served with homosexuals already. (something like 90% of people who had actual experience with it had no problem or said it was positive)

    Read the survey yourself.

    In any case, the Senate can meet on weekends, you know.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #35
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    ...how do we implement DADT not if we should implement it...
    We have never given a referendum to troops on a military policy. Why do you want to start with this policy?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    We have never given a referendum to troops on a military policy. Why do you want to start with this policy?
    Because when they signed their contract with the gov. it never included gays serving openly..........Aside from the privacy issues (and I am speaking about Navy ships) there are a lot of guys in the service who are religeous and believe homosexuality is wrong..........Like I said and no offense to you but if that would have been the case when I enlisted I would have never joined the Navy which I always wanted to do............
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 12-15-10 at 10:26 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because when they signed their contract with the gov. it never included gays serving openly..........Aside from the privacy issues (and I am speaking about Navy ships) there are a lot of guys in the service who are religeous and believe homosexuality is wrong..........
    It never included language that gays might not serve openly. This argument is not going to go anywhere Navy. A court would laugh it out.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It never included language that gays might not serve openly. This argument is not going to go anywhere Navy. A court would laugh it out.
    When I joined Redress you had to sign a statement that you were not gay and had no gay tendencies..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When I joined Redress you had to sign a statement that you were not gay and had no gay tendencies..........
    Almost no one left has had to sign such a statement, and it is not part of the actual service contract.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: DADT repeal still has a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It never included language that gays might not serve openly. This argument is not going to go anywhere Navy. A court would laugh it out.
    I truly believe that any career enlisted man who enlisted and the gov. changed the contract in the middle of the stream be offered a way to resign and to be compeensated for it because he or she is giving up a lucrative retirement they worked hard for......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •