Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 351

Thread: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

  1. #231
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    God willing, the marines will have him for only 2 more years, and he can retire. Then you can play catch up...
    But surely you know that the older they are, the harder they learn, something about an old dog and new tricks comes to mind.
    Does he leave the toilet seat up still?
    You said "harder" in a thread about gays. IT is going to hurt himself laughing now.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #232
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    God willing, the marines will have him for only 2 more years, and he can retire. Then you can play catch up...
    But surely you know that the older they are, the harder they learn, something about an old dog and new tricks comes to mind.
    Does he leave the toilet seat up still?
    He's getting out in 2, no matter how willing God is.

    And he's actually extremely thoughtful and old fashioned. Always puts the toilet seat down. I actually had to lay down the law when we first started dating that it's quite impractical for him to open the car door for me every time we go out.

    Anyway, this isn't the MSgt thread. Yay Senate!
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #233
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    "I'm feeling dizzy. It's all the gayness" - Ricky Bobby.

    It was inevitable. Despite the abolishment of DADT, gays in the Army and especially the Marines will keep their sexual celebrations private. Open gays will experience the same thing others experienced during the racial integration years (maybe worse because of the subject). Those that come out will be the object of ridicule within squads and platoons. They will ostricized and they will be left to feel completely alienated. Some will desert or simply commit suicide over the emotional stress. Those that fight back in defense will be met with aggression and fights will ensue. And enough of those fights will lead to deaths. Of course, none of the loudest mouths for gay rights will go near a recruiting station so what do they care? As long as others have to persevere the struggle they can feel good about themselves.

    BUT, professionalism will always be the theme of every situation and be the course of the vast majority. Many things such as spousal preferences, SGLI plans, and military legal code will have to be altered to somehow allow what civilians currently refuse to allow in the courts, thereby creating contradictions and seperate systems of acceptance. Forcing the military to fight the social battle of our civilization (once again) will not change the fact that gays will continue to be the source of ridicule in Hollywood and television and denied civil rights by civilians. So go ahead and enlist openly and go die for your country homosexual. It's your right. But don't think you can come home and get married or share in the same rights the civilian has in the courts by those who want their utopian ideals to be a matter for others to deal with. Forcing an organization that has no choice but to follow orders is easy and cowardly when considering that civilians, by choice, choose to legally deny homosexuals the rights everybody else has. But from women to blacks, they have always looked to the military to define their paths haven't they? Here we go again.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #234
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,022

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Yay Senate!
    Perhaps now we know why Obama gave into the Bush tax cuts?


    Hey babe. Headed to the airport.
    Last edited by MSgt; 12-18-10 at 02:07 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #235
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Perhaps now we know why Obama gave into the Bush tax cuts?


    Hey babe. Headed to the airport.
    Don't try to appease me, he's still a traitor.

    Wondered why you were even on. Uh...no need to be reading any of the previous pages on this thread. At all.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #236
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    So, does it look like DADT will be repealed by the end of today?
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  7. #237
    User Hancock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-28-10 @ 05:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your corroborative website gave old info on a situation that has rapidly evolved. Due to my family situation, I have seen firsthand the situation for gays in this country since the 70's. 11 year old information, based on data even older, is not accurate today. Take a look at any tracking poll on gay issues over the last 11 years to show you this.
    Therefore, all that you can contribute to this debate is a self-serving anecdotal testimony as to your personal relationship with gays.

    Well, all I can tell you is that I have a transgender sibling MTF. I live in the San Francisco area. I have most probably just as many gay friends, as I do straights. I love all of them!

    You would think that gays would be safe in San Francisco. They are NOT! This goes double for our transgender community. Most of my friends are all beautiful people. I would hate for them to join the military, only to be attacked and have their futures railroaded.
    ~ Knowledge is Power ~

  8. #238
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Don't try to appease me, he's still a traitor.

    Wondered why you were even on. Uh...no need to be reading any of the previous pages on this thread. At all.
    UH oh some domestic non-tranquility.



  9. #239
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    "I'm feeling dizzy. It's all the gayness" - Ricky Bobby.

    It was inevitable. Despite the abolishment of DADT, gays in the Army and especially the Marines will keep their sexual celebrations private. Open gays will experience the same thing others experienced during the racial integration years (maybe worse because of the subject). Those that come out will be the object of ridicule within squads and platoons. They will ostricized and they will be left to feel completely alienated. Some will desert or simply commit suicide over the emotional stress. Those that fight back in defense will be met with aggression and fights will ensue. And enough of those fights will lead to deaths. Of course, none of the loudest mouths for gay rights will go near a recruiting station so what do they care? As long as others have to persevere the struggle they can feel good about themselves.

    BUT, professionalism will always be the theme of every situation and be the course of the vast majority. Many things such as spousal preferences, SGLI plans, and military legal code will have to be altered to somehow allow what civilians currently refuse to allow in the courts, thereby creating contradictions and seperate systems of acceptance. Forcing the military to fight the social battle of our civilization (once again) will not change the fact that gays will continue to be the source of ridicule in Hollywood and television and denied civil rights by civilians. So go ahead and enlist openly and go die for your country homosexual. It's your right. But don't think you can come home and get married or share in the same rights the civilian has in the courts by those who want their utopian ideals to be a matter for others to deal with. Forcing an organization that has no choice but to follow orders is easy and cowardly when considering that civilians, by choice, choose to legally deny homosexuals the rights everybody else has. But from women to blacks, they have always looked to the military to define their paths haven't they? Here we go again.
    Having been in long enough to hear some first person accounts from those days, I seriously doubt it will be as bad as racial integration.

    Alot of those changes you mention really are not going to have to happen right away. With DOMA in place, most of that can be handled in the same way as civilian society does. In fact, this does not force the military to give any more rights to gays than the civilian word does. All it really does is say that gays do not have to hide their orientation, which is something that is true already in the entire rest of the country.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #240
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    "I'm feeling dizzy. It's all the gayness" - Ricky Bobby.

    It was inevitable. Despite the abolishment of DADT, gays in the Army and especially the Marines will keep their sexual celebrations private. Open gays will experience the same thing others experienced during the racial integration years (maybe worse because of the subject). Those that come out will be the object of ridicule within squads and platoons. They will ostricized and they will be left to feel completely alienated. Some will desert or simply commit suicide over the emotional stress. Those that fight back in defense will be met with aggression and fights will ensue. And enough of those fights will lead to deaths. Of course, none of the loudest mouths for gay rights will go near a recruiting station so what do they care? As long as others have to persevere the struggle they can feel good about themselves.
    I still maintain that very, very few will come out publically. At least in the Marine Corps and Army. Maybe to a close friend or two, but not to their unit or CO. It's enough for me that the can still serve even if outed.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    "BUT, professionalism will always be the theme of every situation and be the course of the vast majority. Many things such as spousal preferences, SGLI plans, and military legal code will have to be altered to somehow allow what civilians currently refuse to allow in the courts, thereby creating contradictions and seperate systems of acceptance. Forcing the military to fight the social battle of our civilization (once again) will not change the fact that gays will continue to be the source of ridicule in Hollywood and television and denied civil rights by civilians. So go ahead and enlist openly and go die for your country homosexual. It's your right. But don't think you can come home and get married or share in the same rights the civilian has in the courts by those who want their utopian ideals to be a matter for others to deal with. Forcing an organization that has no choice but to follow orders is easy and cowardly when considering that civilians, by choice, choose to legally deny homosexuals the rights everybody else has. But from women to blacks, they have always looked to the military to define their paths haven't they? Here we go again.
    It might be cowardly but it's also a good stepping stone for getting the rest of the country to change. Didn't the military desegregate blacks before the rest of the country?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •