Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 351

Thread: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

  1. #111
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    There is no "right to have breast implants." The military does not pay for cosmetic surgery, male, female, gay, straight. I also don't see sleeping/showering arrangements leading to law suits. If someone is harassed, they are punished, same as it's always been. As far as discrimination claims, it could happen. It happens to other minorities in the military, but that's not a reason to not let them serve. There is already a system in place to deal with it.

    As far as it being forced through in an emergency fashion, we already waited for a study to come back with favorable results. What more could you want? How many other laws do we commission studies for about their impact?
    You prove my point.

    You already want the military to fund implants for gay male soldiers.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #112
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,073

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You prove my point.

    You already want the military to fund implants for gay male soldiers.
    You are one of those that believes that only gay men are crossdressers aren't you? Got some news for you, some straight men are just as likely to want breast implants as some gay men are. There are straight male crossdressers too.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #113
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You are one of those that believes that only gay men are crossdressers aren't you? Got some news for you, some straight men are just as likely to want breast implants as some gay men are. There are straight male crossdressers too.
    Ughh...Whatever. I made my point clear: The lawsuits that will follow if this isn't done right will cripple the US military.

    I just don’t see why this law needs to be shoved through right now without checks and balances that will protect our military force.

    I honestly don’t give a crap about why cross dressers do what they do. Neither do most soldiers. It isn't a social network you know?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #114
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Ughh...Whatever. I made my point clear: The lawsuits that will follow if this isn't done right will cripple the US military.
    Exactly. One of the main reasons why people should support repeal.

  5. #115
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Exactly. One of the main reasons why people should support repeal.
    Thanks for the input Einstein.

    Who will sue the military if this isn’t passed?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  6. #116
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Thanks for the input Einstein.

    Who will sue the military if this isn’t passed?
    You aren't very aware of the news, are ya?

    'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    DADT was found unconstitutional. That means the higher courts could strike it down if Congress does not. That means that the policy will stop being enforced immediately and the military will have no time to prepare for it. It also means all those lawsuits you fear will have an even stronger case because the higher courts will rule that their constitutional rights were violated.

    http://www.keennewsservice.com/2010/...hreatens-more/
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 12-16-10 at 01:48 AM.

  7. #117
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    DADT won’t pass in the Senate because as lame and power hungry as our representatives are, they know repeal of DADT isn’t sufficient without some rules and restrictions.

    The House didn’t care because it was sucking up to the left and knew it would never pass in the Senate.

    This is an excellent example of your tax dollars being wasted by politicians playing politics. DADT can’t be repealed without a few legal wrinkles being ironed out first.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #118
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    DADT won’t pass in the Senate because as lame and power hungry as our representatives are, they know repeal of DADT isn’t sufficient without some rules and restrictions.

    The House didn’t care because it was sucking up to the left and knew it would never pass in the Senate.

    This is an excellent example of your tax dollars being wasted by politicians playing politics. DADT can’t be repealed without a few legal wrinkles being ironed out first.
    It will most likely be struck down by the courts.

  9. #119
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You aren't very aware of the news, are ya?

    'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    DADT was found unconstitutional. That means the higher courts could strike it down if Congress does not. That means that the policy will stop being enforced immediately and the military will have no time to prepare for it. It also means all those lawsuits you fear will have an even stronger case because the higher courts will rule that their constitutional rights were violated.

    Third DADT lawsuit filed; SLDN threatens more | Keen News Service
    HOLY COW!!!!! Are you for real????

    OK, I'm being sarcastic.

    That court ruling means nothing until it comes from SCOTUS and everyone knows that.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #120
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: House approves repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It will most likely be struck down by the courts.
    That is your opinion. I'd take my chances with SCOTUS if I were a Senator. That's my opinion.

    I didn't notice your LGBT source until I posted. That's just comical.
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 12-16-10 at 02:00 AM. Reason: avoiding duplicate post

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •