Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 217

Thread: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave to

  1. #81
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think so, I think my nephew who is a teacher in NC told me that they can opt to spread their salary out in even sums to cover the summer time off. So they do get a check, but it is money already earned so to speak.


    j-mac
    that's the way i thought most districts operated.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #82
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    1) God does not strike you dead for your sins (at least not mortally), you are held to account.
    neither does Allah

    2) Christmas is an arbitrary day in the celebration of the birth of Christ. No one really knows when Christ was born. If you look at the history of Christmas, you will see its predominantly a celebration of the winter solastice . Its a pagan holiday that was substantially hijack by the Roman Catholic church (see also Easter). Though I'm sure God appreciates the special attention given his son on that date, true Christains should celebrate the birth, the death and resurrection of the son every day. Celebrating these things just one day per year.... well, for that you will be struck eternally dead. (in short, celebrating the birth of Christ on Christmas day means nothing)
    just as much meaning in celebrating christmas on 25 dec as there is on doing Hajj on a date arbitrarily picked by Muhammed

    3) There have been major changes to what has been expected by God of Jews/Christians over time (like blood sacrifice), but these changes have been authorized by God himself. The changes that have been come from Rome or any other church body should deal only with those that wish to celebrate mass as Catholics or worship in whatever church body, as that is as far at that authority extends. What Christians should or should not do its biblical, and that hasn't changed in 1800 years or so.
    and the ritual of the Hajj has been changed, by men, for the sake of convenience, not authorized by Allah, as well. what's your point?

    4) You, who is outside the religion of Islam, telling a muslim it should be ok to do is X, Y, or Z is offensively arrogant and bigoted, when you have no real understanding of its doctrine.
    only an arrogant know-it-all would be offended by someone asking legitmate questions. religion of "peace" my ass. you got pissed off by me simply asking a question.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    neither does Allah



    just as much meaning in celebrating christmas on 25 dec as there is on doing Hajj on a date arbitrarily picked by Muhammed



    and the ritual of the Hajj has been changed, by men, for the sake of convenience, not authorized by Allah, as well. what's your point?



    only an arrogant know-it-all would be offended by someone asking legitmate questions. religion of "peace" my ass. you got pissed off by me simply asking a question.

    Here's what you're forgetting, its not your place to decide whats "reasonable" in a person's faith and therefore what they can and cannot do. You're also forgetting that the Hajj isn't like Christimas in the least. Its something thats held at one specific location, which happens to be in a country run by a religious dictatorship which will only allow you to come at that specific time, AND the Hajj requires a strict schedule and resources beyond the capacity of a normal individual to acquire. Its not like most Christmas celebrations were you buy some gifts whenever you feel like it, wrap them whenever, throw them under a tree and just take the day off work.

  4. #84
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Here's what you're forgetting, its not your place to decide whats "reasonable" in a person's faith and therefore what they can and cannot do. You're also forgetting that the Hajj isn't like Christimas in the least. Its something thats held at one specific location, which happens to be in a country run by a religious dictatorship which will only allow you to come at that specific time, AND the Hajj requires a strict schedule and resources beyond the capacity of a normal individual to acquire. Its not like most Christmas celebrations were you buy some gifts whenever you feel like it, wrap them whenever, throw them under a tree and just take the day off work.
    I'm not forgetting anything.

    I made no assertion that they should or should not do anything.

    I simply asked a legitimate freaking question. ie, they already changed major parts of the ritual to accomodate the ever growing number of hadjis, why can't they change the date?

    the fact that certain people lost their freaking minds and started attacking me speaks volumes about "the religion of peace".
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #85
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Originally Posted by j-mac
    I don't think so, I think my nephew who is a teacher in NC told me that they can opt to spread their salary out in even sums to cover the summer time off. So they do get a check, but it is money already earned so to speak.


    j-mac

    that's the way i thought most districts operated.

    this is correct. the days off in the summer do not count as "vacation" because the money they are paid was earned during the contract year.

    most districts also provide additional paid "personal" and "sick" days as part of the fringe benefits package.

    it is these paid personal days that a teacher can accrue and use at his/her discretion.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #86
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I was in Iraq last year for christmas. my wife decorated the house and left everything in place until I returned home in June. We celebrated Christmas on the 22 of June and God didn't strike me dead.
    203rd battalion?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'm not forgetting anything.

    I made no assertion that they should or should not do anything.

    I simply asked a legitimate freaking question. ie, they already changed major parts of the ritual to accomodate the ever growing number of hadjis, why can't they change the date?

    the fact that certain people lost their freaking minds and started attacking me speaks volumes about "the religion of peace".
    They could but they haven't. If my grandma had three wheels she'd be a tricycle, but she doesn't. Its a stupid question because speaks volumes about your misunderstanding of the "religion of peace" as you so smugly put it.

  8. #88
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    203rd battalion?
    roger rabbit. i was the battalion S4, logistics officer. I am currently the assistant S3 (this is actually a higher level position even though I am an assistant )
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #89
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    roger rabbit. i was the battalion S4, logistics officer. I am currently the assistant S3 (this is actually a higher level position even though I am an assistant )
    you must be very happy to be home this christmas.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Muslim woman teacher sues U.S. school after being denied three weeks unpaid leave

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    roger rabbit. i was the battalion S4, logistics officer. I am currently the assistant S3 (this is actually a higher level position even though I am an assistant )
    Holy **** don't tell me you're a loggy too?

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •