Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com



    "National Security" Is there anything that the government will not try to use that buzz phrase to take control of? At least they're coming out and flat out declaring that they don't trust parents to make the right choices for their children.
    Why don't you try reading before posting?

    Fat kids can't joint the military.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Of course I didn't elaborate on her logic, because it's a ridiculous strawman argument. The US doesn't need even 25% of it population to maintain it's current numbers. Currently, less than 1% of the population is serving in the military. Obviously, there's not a shortage in actual manpower, and it doesn't justify by any means telling me what I have to feed my children.

    US Army active component: 539,675
    US Army Reserve component: 557,375
    Total Army: 1,097,050

    USMC Active: 203,000
    USMC Reserve: 40,000
    USMC Total: 243,000

    US Navy: 332,000

    USAF active: 327,452
    USAF reserve: 115,300
    Air National Guard: 106,700
    USAF Total:549,452

    Total military: 2,221,502

    USCG: 49.973

    Total military w/ USCG: 2,271,475

    ------------------

    Population of the *United States 310,906,000 as of December 14, 2010
    Then your argument is with the military leaders who seem to disagree with you and not her.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Bottom line:

    If you're a kid, all you have to do is get off your lazy ass and go play outside, and you can pretty much eat what you want. Your metabolism will skyrocket.

    I swear, kids aren't kids anymore. They're 40-year-old couch potatoes with acne and a Justin Bieber t-shirts.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Bottom line:

    If you're a kid, all you have to do is get off your lazy ass and go play outside, and you can pretty much eat what you want. Your metabolism will skyrocket.

    I swear, kids aren't kids anymore. They're 40-year-old couch potatoes with acne and a Justin Bieber t-shirts.
    God bless video games.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    God bless video games.
    Yep, and texting.

  6. #16
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    ...and it doesn't justify by any means telling me what I have to feed my children.
    Is someone telling you what you have to feed your children? Or merely making suggestions?
    I may be wrong.

  7. #17
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    As for the government trying to mandate what parents feed their kids its none of the government's damn business.
    Is the govt actually mandating what we feed our kids?
    I may be wrong.

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Is the govt actually mandating what we feed our kids?
    Nope.

    (10chr)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why don't you try reading before posting?

    Fat kids can't joint the military.
    Why don't you try researching, before posting?

    Fat kids can join the military.

    What I love, is how Libs suddenly become national security hawks, when it supports their agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Michelle Obama has new warning on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Is the govt actually mandating what we feed our kids?
    Not yet. But, most of those kinds of mandates always start out with, "it's for the public good", or, "in the interest of national security".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •