Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 372

Thread: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

  1. #101
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yup. i'm so glad that we are now ruled by a small oligarchy which deigns from time to time to tell us how we may order our lives.
    I am so glad we live in a country where you can make inane comments like the above.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is where we show your own words in actuality. Note what I was responding to. Note that "has the same effect as an injunction" is false, for the reasons I pointed out.
    Your point has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a declaratory judgment has the same effect as an injunction in this instance.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yup. i'm so glad that we are now ruled by a small oligarchy which deigns from time to time to tell us how we may order our lives.
    How Jeffersonian of you!

    "To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy."

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yup. i'm so glad that we are now ruled by a small oligarchy which deigns from time to time to tell us how we may order our lives.
    How Jeffersonian of you!

    "To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy."

    EDIT:
    Wow, what a crackpot this "Jefferson" guy must have been to say something so "inane" as that.
    Last edited by Taylor; 12-13-10 at 07:55 PM.

  4. #104
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Your point has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a declaratory judgment has the same effect as an injunction in this instance.
    Well, since it did not, despite your claim, and I pointed out why, I think it does.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #105
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Is it right to force American citizens to purchase a product because the government says you must, or be fined or possibly serve jail time?

    States have laws that require you to buy auto insurance, if you choose to drive your car.
    The health insurance you have to buy because you breath and you have no choice in that matter.
    I think they have that mandate in Mass. (which it's failing) but maybe they can do that because it's a state mandate.
    That comparison is inherently flawed. Mandating insurance for drivers is necessary, but it is only liability which is mandated, which is specifically designed to protect against other people in the case of an accident (and without the mandate, we're looking at trillions of wasted litigation dollars). There is no mandate that requires people to pay for collision or comprehension. Healthcare is an entirely different matter that affects the sole individual who is being insured. It is the individual's responsibility to pay for their own healthcare, just as it is an individual's responsibility to pay for collision and comprehension.

  6. #106
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    That comparison is inherently flawed. Mandating insurance for drivers is necessary, but it is only liability which is mandated, which is specifically designed to protect against other people in the case of an accident (and without the mandate, we're looking at trillions of wasted litigation dollars). There is no mandate that requires people to pay for collision or comprehension. Healthcare is an entirely different matter that affects the sole individual who is being insured. It is the individual's responsibility to pay for their own healthcare, just as it is an individual's responsibility to pay for collision and comprehension.
    Uninsured patients dump their costs onto other people all the time.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, since it did not, despite your claim, and I pointed out why, I think it does.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'll stick with my facts.

  8. #108
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uninsured patients dump their costs onto other people all the time.
    Yes, and we should allow the private charities (who took care of my ER bills during my two bouts of asthma-related attacks) to pay for what the private charities voluntarily wish to pay for.

    The problem you're addressing is the welfare system that continually pays for the cost of the uninsured at the expense of everyone else. The answer is not to increase the pool by violating people's rights, but to help drive down costs by further privatizing health care and ensuring that the consumers retain the highest bidding power.

  9. #109
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Jeez, no complaints about activist judges here I see...

  10. #110
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Reform Provision Is Unconstitutional, Federal Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Jeez, no complaints about activist judges here I see...
    What activism?

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •