Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 256

Thread: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

  1. #71
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I still don't understand why they're using the school-meal system to feed kids AFTER SCHOOL. .. this si my understanding, anyway - that the *school cafeterias* will provide all 3 meals - and snacks.
    In some areas they already just GIVE kids food at school to take home to their families.

    That's what food-stamps, wic and other programs are for - what's wrong with just fixing and improving THOSE systems that ARE in place.

    That's what stuns me about our government - no matter WHO is in charge - instead of just using what's in place already for a particular purpose they'll create an all new thing to serve the same purpose or commandeer something else to satisfy the same purpose.
    I think it's also going to be year round. I didn't hear about the sending food home. Maybe the leftovers the kids wouldn't eat?
    It's really all about getting more and more people dependent on government for all their needs.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #72
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What would you like? I was with "it sounds like a dumb law." And you notice your clip ends before she finishes her answer. So what do you want, exactly, from this clip?


    Elena Kagan on fruits and vegetables | Opinion L.A. | Los Angeles Times

    Read this. It seems to agree that the clip stopped short of her answer.
    I disagree. I watched the whole thing live when it happened. She refused to say that making people eat fruits and vegetables each day was unconstitutional. That was the point of me posting the clip, not saying they would, but in my opinion is because they would have no way of enforcing it.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #73
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I think it's also going to be year round. I didn't hear about the sending food home. Maybe the leftovers the kids wouldn't eat?
    It's really all about getting more and more people dependent on government for all their needs.
    Sounds like the govt is subsidizing food producers...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #74
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing always works, be it the government or the private sector. But often things do improve, or manage.
    Nothing always works, especially what government does and everybody is aware of this.

    This is just another progressive entitlement program.
    Catch me if you can.

  5. #75
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Well the reason I have this concern is because Jamie Oliver (the naked chef from the UK) came over and did a school lunch program that didn't really go over well.
    Don't worry my friend... if the kids don't eat the food, then it can be given to the homeless. The government doesn't believe in wasting anything.
    Catch me if you can.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Nothing always works, especially what government does and everybody is aware of this.

    This is just another progressive entitlement program.
    yes, everyone is aware that nothing always works, regardless of it being government or private sector. but, that shouldn't prevent either from trying.


    The coffee is good today.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #77
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes, everyone is aware that nothing always works, regardless of it being government or private sector. but, that shouldn't prevent either from trying.


    The coffee is good today.

    It shouldn't be up to the government to even try.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #78
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Elena Kagan on fruits and vegetables | Opinion L.A. | Los Angeles Times

    Read this. It seems to agree that the clip stopped short of her answer.
    I disagree. I watched the whole thing live when it happened. She refused to say that making people eat fruits and vegetables each day was unconstitutional. That was the point of me posting the clip, not saying they would, but in my opinion is because they would have no way of enforcing it.
    Because you're not paying attention to what she's saying. It's a stupid proposition.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It shouldn't be up to the government to even try.

    j-mac
    To even try what? We're the government j. Government is just a tool we use to help solve problems.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    To even try what? We're the government j. Government is just a tool we use to help solve problems.
    That's nice to think, and I sure would like our reps to remember that, and not use it only when they find it convenient to their arguments of why they need to restrict my liberty, but the fact is, that when they get to DC they become the elite....Just you try and go visit a member in the leadership for a chat, and see how far you get.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •