Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 256

Thread: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

  1. #141
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_H View Post
    It sounds like it but actually cheap food is very unhealthy. It's not all having enough food, you need the right food, fact is kids from low income families often suffer from all kinds of vitamin and nutritional deficencies that contribute to serious health problems later on. In short, you can't eat pop-tarts every night.
    But you can still eat them every morning, right?
    Careful what you say about pop tarts, Kelloggs has spies on this forum..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #142
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    I would agree, Utah. I do not pretend to be the paragon of financial security or prudence. So, I myself hesitate to think myself better than my fellow man, but along the way, there must be a line we do not cross.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 12-13-10 at 07:54 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #143
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    My biggest concern about this legislation is whether children are going to be willing to eat the healthier food.
    If they are hungry enough, they will eat most of it. I used to get prunes twice a week in my school cafeteria lunches. Green beans, and other healthy stuff. Milk cartons instead of cokes. What happened?

  4. #144
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My God....You really don't read your own articles do you? I even reposted it above hoping you would get it....Their political lean has nothing to do with it other than your disgusting attempt to smear those who disagree with your point of view. But look, I'll even bold it so you can see it this time k?

    "Anamarie's weight problem is not new: she has been taken into hospital repeatedly since she was a few months old because of it."

    Now what do you suppose they were doing? Huh? putting Big Mac's into the blender and force feeding it to this girl through a funnel?

    You are absurd.

    Oh, and BTW address me when you are talking to me. You want to talk to Bill address him.

    j-mac
    Even children a few months old will gain too much weight if you feed them too much. A three year-old cannot weigh 150 pounds without being overfed. It is not physically possible.

    Their political lean still has nothing to do with it. If some conservatives say that liberals want a government that usurps all parental authority, I can bring up a case where parental authority clearly needs to be usurped. And again, the fact that you're trying to defend parents that would turn their three year-old into a walking health bomb shows exactly how unsupportable your opinions are.

    And I can address who ever I want in my posts. Hi UtahBill. Ooooo it burns doesn't it?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    back on topic, stay out of our lives, dont tell me or my children what we can and can not eat.
    What we "should" or "should not" eat would be a welcome suggestion maybe, otherwise stfu
    Only no one is doing this. You're free to eat whatever you like.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    What baffles me about party-lines is that it's usually the conservatives who are anti-drinking and smoking (weed) freedoms. . .but then they turn around and say "the government can't tell me what to put in my body!"

    Why is one thing NOT OK and other thing OK?

    this is why I couldn't commit myself to staying Republican - and couldn't commit myself to turning Democrat. They both have these quirks that I can't get over.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #147
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    What baffles me about party-lines is that it's usually the conservatives who are anti-drinking and smoking (weed) freedoms. . .but then they turn around and say "the government can't tell me what to put in my body!"

    Why is one thing NOT OK and other thing OK?

    this is why I couldn't commit myself to staying Republican - and couldn't commit myself to turning Democrat. They both have these quirks that I can't get over.
    To be fair to both, no one is really demanding anyone eat well or telling anyone what they ahve to eat. And someone believe there is a difference between food and illegal drugs, no matter what illegal drug we're talking about.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #148
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    What baffles me about party-lines is that it's usually the conservatives who are anti-drinking and smoking (weed) freedoms. . .but then they turn around and say "the government can't tell me what to put in my body!"

    Why is one thing NOT OK and other thing OK?

    this is why I couldn't commit myself to staying Republican - and couldn't commit myself to turning Democrat. They both have these quirks that I can't get over.
    Just out of curiosity...where are you seeing this massive throngs of conservatives that are anti-drinking, smoking, etc? You want to see the most restrictive state with regards to individuals and personal freedoms you might look at the PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia).

    I DO see conservatives say "drink responsibly or suffer consequences"
    I see conservatives say "use your welfare and food stamps to buy healthy food" but I DONT see conservatives clamoring for the government to take care of them or dictate to them or others how to live. (and shame on them that do for claiming to be a conservative)

    And for the record...Im all for the states allowing their voters to legalize pot...I personally couldnt care less...treat it like alcohol.

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Oooo, I can play that game too! Here's the kind of parenting that conservatives believe should be protected:

    BBC News | HEALTH | Overweight toddler taken into custody
    That's right! Because, where do you draw the line? How do you stop the government from going too far and who is going to protect us from an overintrusive government? The government? What do parents do when the government decides that their child's health is danger, because the kid is ten pounds overweight? Then what happens when to the kid? Take Mickey Shane's suggestion and starve them into eating healthy?

    What kind of demented mother****er would do that to a kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #150
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's right! Because, where do you draw the line? How do you stop the government from going too far and who is going to protect us from an overintrusive government? The government? What do parents do when the government decides that their child's health is danger, because the kid is ten pounds overweight? Then what happens when to the kid? Take Mickey Shane's suggestion and starve them into eating healthy?

    What kind of demented mother****er would do that to a kid?
    I really don't know. That's something I mentioned earlier that I have issues answering for myself. Obviously the situation I brought up borders on child abuse. But I don't know where the line is.

    That's why I do support healthier lunches and nutritional education in schools. Even extremely "liberal" programs like school gardens. Childhood obesity is a major problem, the rights of the parents aside.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •