Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 256

Thread: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

  1. #121
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Here's the kind of government the left supports...

    "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Michelle Obama On Fat Children: "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"
    Do you disagree with this?

    MICHELLE OBAMA: "Childhood obesity isnít just a public health threat, itís not just an economic threat, itís a national security threat as well."


  2. #122
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Thats DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! it makes me MAD!!!!!!!!!
    Left out the truly disgusting part, the peanut butter was from INDIA...So we don't have american peanut farmers anymore? It didn't look appetizing, or taste good. I threw it out.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #123
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Here's the kind of government the left supports...

    "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Michelle Obama On Fat Children: "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"
    Oooo, I can play that game too! Here's the kind of parenting that conservatives believe should be protected:

    BBC News | HEALTH | Overweight toddler taken into custody
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #124
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Oooo, I can play that game too! Here's the kind of parenting that conservatives believe should be protected:

    BBC News | HEALTH | Overweight toddler taken into custody

    Oh, so these people were conservatives? And because of that what, they fed their daughter crap until she weighed what she does? You know that's pretty insulting of you.

    Maybe you didn't read your own article......

    "Anamarie's weight problem is not new: she has been taken into hospital repeatedly since she was a few months old because of it.


    Anamarie has now been removed from her parents care
    But doctors have not been able to determine the cause."

    Maybe you can remember that the next time you have some weak ass snarky comment to add nothing but crap to a thread!

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #125
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so these people were conservatives? And because of that what, they fed their daughter crap until she weighed what she does? You know that's pretty insulting of you.

    Maybe you didn't read your own article......

    "Anamarie's weight problem is not new: she has been taken into hospital repeatedly since she was a few months old because of it.


    Anamarie has now been removed from her parents care
    But doctors have not been able to determine the cause."

    Maybe you can remember that the next time you have some weak ass snarky comment to add nothing but crap to a thread!

    j-mac
    I don't see how her parents political leaning has any bearing. And really? The cause is over-eating, it's simple physics. You cannot gain weight unless you consume more calories then you burn. I'm sure if there had been a legitimate medical reason, the child wouldn't have been taken away. Although your willingness to come to their defense is very telling of just how far you think parent's rights should extend.

    It added plenty to the discussion. If you're too hot under the collar to see the similarity between what I did and the comment you liked, that's not my problem.

    You see what I mean UtahBill?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #126
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I don't see how her parents political leaning has any bearing. And really? The cause is over-eating, it's simple physics. You cannot gain weight unless you consume more calories then you burn. I'm sure if there had been a legitimate medical reason, the child wouldn't have been taken away. Although your willingness to come to their defense is very telling of just how far you think parent's rights should extend.

    It added plenty to the discussion. If you're too hot under the collar to see the similarity between what I did and the comment you liked, that's not my problem.

    You see what I mean UtahBill?

    My God....You really don't read your own articles do you? I even reposted it above hoping you would get it....Their political lean has nothing to do with it other than your disgusting attempt to smear those who disagree with your point of view. But look, I'll even bold it so you can see it this time k?

    "Anamarie's weight problem is not new: she has been taken into hospital repeatedly since she was a few months old because of it."

    Now what do you suppose they were doing? Huh? putting Big Mac's into the blender and force feeding it to this girl through a funnel?

    You are absurd.

    Oh, and BTW address me when you are talking to me. You want to talk to Bill address him.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #127
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I don't see how her parents political leaning has any bearing. And really? The cause is over-eating, it's simple physics. You cannot gain weight unless you consume more calories then you burn. I'm sure if there had been a legitimate medical reason, the child wouldn't have been taken away. Although your willingness to come to their defense is very telling of just how far you think parent's rights should extend.

    It added plenty to the discussion. If you're too hot under the collar to see the similarity between what I did and the comment you liked, that's not my problem.

    You see what I mean UtahBill?
    Yes, I do....and I have put quite a few posters here on ignore. They call themselves conservatives, but they are far right, so far right that they can't see reason. and anybody to the left of them is a liberal by their standards. They are rude, ignorant, arrogant, and lacking in social graces. But they do seem to have god on their side. Problem is, it is the mean god of the Old Testament, not the loving god that Jesus speaks of in the New Testament.
    They also trade sock puppets. Sounds disgusting, but there it is.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #128
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    or it could be viewed as promoting the general welfare of our citizens
    From a liberal perspective...you bet. Good lord...it is no wonder we have so many pathetic crippled dependent pets in this country.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Here's the kind of government the left supports...

    "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Michelle Obama On Fat Children: "We Can't Just Leave It Up To The Parents"
    Anyone notice Michelle and Barack seem to think the whole reason they are in the WH is to dish out entitlements to those in need, or perceived need? I see no shame from them that we have so many in need under this administration.
    What we need is a growing economy and jobs so people can take care of their own families. If I'm not mistaken there are 1 in 7 households receiving foodstamps. That is just unacceptable to me, but no problem to them. It's a disgrace. We need to get people back to work and leading productive lives or this country is done for as we know it.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #130
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to sign Child Nutrition Bill today

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    From a liberal perspective...you bet. Good lord...it is no wonder we have so many pathetic crippled dependent pets in this country.
    Not sure you mean this to be so harsh....one of my nephews was a cripple, physically and mentally. He finally died, but the family suffered in the 3.5 years he lived. One of my grandchildren has an inoperable tumor, and as a result of removing an operable tumor, has seizures that so far are controlled by meds.....no telling when her final days will be.
    Want to qualify your definition of pathetic crippled dependend pets?.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •