Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 142

Thread: Blasts rock Swedish capital

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    That makes zero sense considering that the majority of victims of Islamic terrorism are Muslim themselves.

    Didn't we already have this conversation? It so feels like deja-vu....
    Apdst doesn't really care about facts or logic. This is a person who constantly complains about the homogenous American government policing human behavior and now with the same face is telling us that a group as culturally and ethnically diverse as Muslims is supposed to spend its time wondering about who is going to plant a bomb next. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #72
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The Muslim community as a whole can't really do much about Muslim extremists. Do you take time out of your day to bother about who your neighbor is ****ing? I mean most Catholics don't expect their clergy to be f'n with their kids and yet, there they are, f'n with the kids. In the views of apdst, Muslims are not normal people. They are not like you and I who would go to a place, work, eat, pray etc etc with a lot of people and then not really give two ****s about what it is they do outside of our interactions with them. It's quite sad to see a black man with such an Eurocentric view of the world. Think of it this way, how many times have you seen a Christian on this board argue that Christians as a whole must be on the look out for Christian pedophiles, murderers and rapists? Not ever.

    It's the sociological hypocrisy of the Western world, we are to be treated individuals, they are to be treated as groups.
    I almost feel like asking him why he's not doing anything about all those black criminals I keep hearing about. The news keeps telling me how dangerous they are. Why isn't the black community doing anything about this problem?



    PS: I keed. But still... no really I keed..
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #73
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    HELLO!! Who's the enemy here, Apdst or the suicide bomber?!

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Arcana, I think your point about the influence of the media is spot on. Too many people are embroiled in watching the news and getting all of their "facts" from t.v. personalities who are just opinionated individuals with air time.

    I've found it far more useful to go through periods where I have a media blackout; that is, I don't read the news, go online, or even come to places like DP. There is just too much spin and people really need to start tuning it out and grounding themselves in reality again. The media in some ways is just one big distraction and it is preventing people from realizing what is important in their immediate communities.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey
    It's the sociological hypocrisy of the Western world, we are to be treated individuals, they are to be treated as groups.
    That is quote worthy.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I almost feel like asking him why he's not doing anything about all those black criminals I keep hearing about. The news keeps telling me how dangerous they are. Why isn't the black community doing anything about this problem?

    PS: I keed. But still... no really I keed..
    He's probably never done anything for his own community other than talk about how it was much better before us big bad libruls came around and their poverty dropped from 40%-60% to 15%.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #77
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Arcana, I think your point about the influence of the media is spot on. Too many people are embroiled in watching the news and getting all of their "facts" from t.v. personalities who are just opinionated individuals with air time.

    I've found it far more useful to go through periods where I have a media blackout; that is, I don't read the news, go online, or even come to places like DP. There is just too much spin and people really need to start tuning it out and grounding themselves in reality again. The media in some ways is just one big distraction and it is preventing people from realizing what is important in their immediate communities.
    Sometimes I wonder if the media doesn't purposely create conflict and controversy where there is really none. You know, to keep themselves in business.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #78
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    HELLO!! Who's the enemy here, Apdst or the suicide bomber?!
    What makes you think apdst is the enemy? We're just talking. People disagree sometimes, you know?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #79
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    HELLO!! Who's the enemy here, Apdst or the suicide bomber?!
    The suicide bomber represents Islam gone wrong.

    Apdst represents political discourse gone wrong.

    So, um, yes.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #80
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    HELLO!! Who's the enemy here, Apdst or the suicide bomber?!
    good question, but my answer could get me banned.
    PeteEU

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •