Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 142

Thread: Blasts rock Swedish capital

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Pete is talking about the nutjobs. Or are they the majority now?
    A religion, that is the majority religion, is the religion that has the most nutjobs. It's up to the people within that religion to police up all those clowns and get rid of them. Their failure to do so indicates that they may disagree with the method, but are fully on-board with the motives and rationale behind those actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #62
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,433

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Pete is talking about the nutjobs. Or are they the majority now?
    I don't think so. Why would anyone object to "targeting" the nutjobs, or need to make "excuses" for it? Aren't they the appropriate target?

    No, he's talking about "targeting" Muslims in general.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  3. #63
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    03-26-18 @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Islam is the largest
    Nope, that's Christianity.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    fastest growing religion in the world
    Not growing as fast as it used to, and followed very closely by Christianity.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #64
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,383

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    The Muslim community as a whole can't really do much about Muslim extremists. Do you take time out of your day to bother about who your neighbor is ****ing? I mean most Catholics don't expect their clergy to be f'n with their kids and yet, there they are, f'n with the kids. In the views of apdst, Muslims are not normal people. They are not like you and I who would go to a place, work, eat, pray etc etc with a lot of people and then not really give two ****s about what it is they do outside of our interactions with them. It's quite sad to see a black man with such an Eurocentric view of the world. Think of it this way, how many times have you seen a Christian on this board argue that Christians as a whole must be on the look out for Christian pedophiles, murderers and rapists? Not ever.

    It's the sociological hypocrisy of the Western world, we are to be treated individuals, they are to be treated as groups.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Make them vanish? No, that'll never happen. However, your, "what the hell can I do about it?", attitude only insures that they will be able to operate, almost unimpeded, within their own community.
    My attitude is certainly not "what the hell can I do about it". My attitude is we will never get rid of terrorism. It's always been around and always will be. We may very well be able to get rid of one or two groups of terrorists and, if we're lucky, Islamists will be one of them. Don't think for one second that it'll be the last we see of terrorism even if we do. I've been alive long enough to know that. My attitude is to never under any circumstances, give in to the fear and never, ever negotiate with them. This weakens them more than any military operation ever could. Killing them simply doesn't work, as others will take their place. Weakining their resolve by not giving them what they want is much more effective.
    Last edited by Arcana XV; 12-12-10 at 03:59 PM.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #66
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    03-26-18 @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's up to the people within that religion to police up all those clowns and get rid of them.
    How many times do you have to be told that Islam is not a centralized religion? There are no popes or cardinals or bishops -- just imams and individual congregations.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Their failure to do so indicates that they may disagree with the method, but are fully on-board with the motives and rationale behind those actions.
    Just like our failure to get rid of all those clowns indicates that we are fully on-board with the motives and rationale behind those actions, right?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I don't think so. Why would anyone object to "targeting" the nutjobs, or need to make "excuses" for it? Aren't they the appropriate target?

    No, he's talking about "targeting" Muslims in general.
    Maybe you're right. I'm sure he'll clarify soon enough.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #68
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,433

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    My attitude is certainly not "what the hell can I do about it". My attitude is we will never get rid of terrorism. It's always been around and always will be. We may very well be able to get rid of one or two groups of terrorists and, if we're lucky, Islamists will be one of them. Don't think for one second that it'll be the last we see of terrorism even if we do. I've been alive long enough to know that. My attitude is to never under any circumstances, give in to the fear and never, ever negotiate with them. This weakens them more than any military operation ever could. Killing them simply doesn't work, as others will take their place. Weakining their resolve by not giving them what they want is much more effective.
    Why did you quote me with this?
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  9. #69
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Why did you quote me with this?
    I didn't. The stupid forum software did.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #70
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    03-04-18 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Blasts rock Swedish capital

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A religion, that is the majority religion, is the religion that has the most nutjobs. It's up to the people within that religion to police up all those clowns and get rid of them. Their failure to do so indicates that they may disagree with the method, but are fully on-board with the motives and rationale behind those actions.
    That makes zero sense considering that the majority of victims of Islamic terrorism are Muslim themselves.

    Didn't we already have this conversation? It so feels like deja-vu....
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •