Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 224

Thread: November Deficit Highest on Record

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't call you a liar but it does appear that you support forced sending of someone else's money to the govt. instead of promoting volunteering sending more of your own money. Since when did the govt. become responsible for the duties required of charities? Like all liberals when challenged you make it personal. I really don't care how much you make or send to the govt. Why do you care how much someone else makes or sends? Seems you are concerned about the 2% top income earners and don't seem to care that when taxes go up that leaves less for charities. Just a little bit of information on charities.

    National Philanthropic Trust - Philanthropy Statistics
    You seem to ignore the basic right that I and every other American citizen has to exercise their political rights to impact the government in our system of representative democracy. Tax policy, who pays what and how much, is indeed an issue that is decided by our elected representatives in Congress and I have every right and to express myself on the subject in any discussion with others. Not only is it my right but it is right and proper to do so. And if that means advocating for higher taxes on a particular income class, that is also right and proper.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You seem to ignore the basic right that I and every other American citizen has to exercise their political rights to impact the government in our system of representative democracy. Tax policy, who pays what and how much, is indeed an issue that is decided by our elected representatives in Congress and I have every right and to express myself on the subject in any discussion with others. Not only is it my right but it is right and proper to do so. And if that means advocating for higher taxes on a particular income class, that is also right and proper.
    Right, and how did the Nov. 2, 2010 elections work out for you? You certainly have that right no matter how leftwing and radical it is.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, and how did the Nov. 2, 2010 elections work out for you? You certainly have that right no matter how leftwing and radical it is.
    What the hell does that have to do with my right to speak out on issues passed by my elected representatives in Congress?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #54
    User Shooterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Seen
    02-24-11 @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    39

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    May I suggest that at the time the 'Bush Tax Cuts' were passed, they were tax cuts. Now they are the tax rates, and DIMS wish to raise the tax rates. Not one word about cutting spending.
    The United States is entirely [354 U.S. 1, 6] a creature of the Constitution. 3 Its power and authority have no other source. It can only act in accordance with all the limitations imposed by the Constitution. -REID v. COVERT, 354 U.S. 1 (1957)

    Choosing between PUBS and DIMS is like choosing between warm crap and warmer crap; they both stink. Shooterman 1935-

    God made Texas almost perfect, but gave us 'skeeters, 'gators, rattlesnakes, and LIB DIMS and PUBS ( still rattlesnakes ) so we wouldn't think we were already in Heaven. Shooterman 1935-

    The economy is experiencing a crack up boom. That's like a woman flying upside down in a plane and attempting to land; big crack up, go boom.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with my right to speak out on issues passed by my elected representatives in Congress?
    You have every right to speak out but the majority still rule. Problem with many in the minority is that if they disagree with the will of the people they go to the courts to have that will overturned. I have the same rights as you and speak my mind as well. I believe in free enterprise and capitalism, the principles upon which our economy was built, not wealth redistribution and class envy. This isn't a zero sum game and even you, with the right attitude, work ethic, and risk taking can be successful.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooterman View Post
    May I suggest that at the time the 'Bush Tax Cuts' were passed, they were tax cuts. Now they are the tax rates, and DIMS wish to raise the tax rates. Not one word about cutting spending.
    thus the argument about deficit reduction coming from a supposed 700 billion dollars over 10 years from the rich is bogus. Congress has never taken any additional revenue and applied it to the deficit, instead they have spent it to buy votes.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    from Conservative

    This isn't a zero sum game and even you, with the right attitude, work ethic, and risk taking can be successful.
    Am I suppose to now bow and thank you for this 'life changing advice'? Am I suppose to take it down to the welfare or unemployment office and spring it on my fellow deadbeats, tax cheats and criminal types?

    Simply because I do not publicly puff out my chest and boast about my income,wealth, property or lifestyle like the obvious offenders here is no reason for you to assume that I am NOT successful and make accordingly condescending remarks.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-11-10 at 03:17 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #58
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Conservative



    Am I suppose to now bow and thank you for this 'life changing advice'? Am I suppose to take it down to the welfare or unemployment office and spring it on my fellow deadbeats, tax cheats and criminal types?
    Actually you could save time and just go to Congress and spend time with the Democrat caucus. You can take my advice or not, that is what makes this country great. I gave it, it was free and thus worth the cost of giving it to you.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Conservative



    Am I suppose to now bow and thank you for this 'life changing advice'? Am I suppose to take it down to the welfare or unemployment office and spring it on my fellow deadbeats, tax cheats and criminal types?

    Simply because I do not publicly puff out my chest and boast about my income,wealth, property or lifestyle like the obvious offenders here is no reason for you to assume that I am NOT successful and make accordingly condescending remarks.
    What I have noticed is that you always ignore the data provided and the source of that data. Instead you want to make this personal so as to divert attention from the sources of information. There is only one ideology that doesn't care how much you make or pay in taxes, the conservative Ideology of which I support. I don't care how much you have or pay in taxes so stop whining about what others pay.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I have noticed is that you always ignore the data provided and the source of that data. Instead you want to make this personal so as to divert attention from the sources of information. There is only one ideology that doesn't care how much you make or pay in taxes, the conservative Ideology of which I support. I don't care how much you have or pay in taxes so stop whining about what others pay.
    I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are referring to when you mention these sources of data.

    What you call "whining" is what others would call participating in the national debate about our national laws and government.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •