Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 224

Thread: November Deficit Highest on Record

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm sick so I'll give you my minimum shot.

    The stimulus did not elimintate jobs. What? Did they give money to projects based on the promise to lay people off?

    It's not the private sector's debt. You seem to want to pretend that government debt means that the private sector must lay people off. That isn't the case.

    November was the highest month due to stimulus money being dispersed I believe.

    All this doom and gloom you are offering amuses me. You said that the recession ended then you went on show how the economy is not doing well. Who exactly did the recession end for?
    Why There's No Joy Over the Recession's End - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

    For all the drama of the last few years, the final act of the Great Recession was remarkably anticlimactic. A group of economists from the National Bureau of Economic Research, a private, nonprofit group, has finally decided that the recession ended in June 2009. That's the point at which economic activity
    stopped falling and began rising. Economists call this a "trough," since it's the low point at which the economy bottomed out. It took 15 months to know this for sure because the number-crunchers like to have a year's worth of data to analyze—and there's no hurry to make a determination that has little effect on the real economy.

  2. #182
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Why There's No Joy Over the Recession's End - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

    For all the drama of the last few years, the final act of the Great Recession was remarkably anticlimactic. A group of economists from the National Bureau of Economic Research, a private, nonprofit group, has finally decided that the recession ended in June 2009. That's the point at which economic activity
    stopped falling and began rising. Economists call this a "trough," since it's the low point at which the economy bottomed out. It took 15 months to know this for sure because the number-crunchers like to have a year's worth of data to analyze—and there's no hurry to make a determination that has little effect on the real economy.
    These economists obviously are leaving some data out of their definition of recession. Unemployment figures obviously don't figure in to their algorithms. Are there any unemployed economists?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    These economists obviously are leaving some data out of their definition of recession. Unemployment figures obviously don't figure in to their algorithms. Are there any unemployed economists?
    Read the quote it explains it

  4. #184
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Read the quote it explains it
    The unemployed need a different kind of "trickle" IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The unemployed need a different kind of "trickle" IMO.
    What many of the unemployed need is some tough love. Imagine going to an interview and have a 2-3 year gap in their resume. How do you think that interview is going to go? According to the labor dept. there were 3.6 million job openings last week, almost the amount that Obama's economy has lost, and yet the chronically unemployed have no interest in taking A job but instead are looking for THE job. Too many people used to getting paid for doing nothing and like that arrangement.

  6. #186
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What many of the unemployed need is some tough love. Imagine going to an interview and have a 2-3 year gap in their resume. How do you think that interview is going to go? According to the labor dept. there were 3.6 million job openings last week, almost the amount that Obama's economy has lost, and yet the chronically unemployed have no interest in taking A job but instead are looking for THE job. Too many people used to getting paid for doing nothing and like that arrangement.
    So a person who used to have a middle class job should take a minimum wage job, right?

    How does that solve the shrinkage of the middle class?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #187
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So a person who used to have a middle class job should take a minimum wage job, right?

    How does that solve the shrinkage of the middle class?
    I would hire someone in a heartbeat who took a lower paying job in a tough economy vs. taking unemployment. It is short term, not long term and in the short term tough choices have to be made. Imagine the interview

    “noticed that in last two years you performed tasks outside your area of expertise at a pay level much lower than you were used to getting” Please explain

    “yes, there were no jobs in my field available due to the economy so rather than take unemployment benefits I decided it was more important to work doing anything”

    What do you think the employer would say next?

  8. #188
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you think the employer would say next?
    He'd say, "You must not be competent in your chosen field since you couldn't find a job in it. Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to go in a different direction."

  9. #189
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I would hire someone in a heartbeat who took a lower paying job in a tough economy vs. taking unemployment. It is short term, not long term and in the short term tough choices have to be made. Imagine the interview

    “noticed that in last two years you performed tasks outside your area of expertise at a pay level much lower than you were used to getting” Please explain

    “yes, there were no jobs in my field available due to the economy so rather than take unemployment benefits I decided it was more important to work doing anything”

    What do you think the employer would say next?
    "Our entry level pay rate is 25 cents over what you currently make. Is that okay?"
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #190
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    He'd say, "You must not be competent in your chosen field since you couldn't find a job in it. Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to go in a different direction."
    Nope, hired thousands of people and always took the ones that showed initiative and drive, refusing to take unemployment. If someone took unemployment once they would do it again and that costs the employer. Second, being an employer I understood market conditions and knew there were no jobs in that field available but respected the individual's decision to keep working, keep getting up in the morning, and realizing that that person learned a lot in that lower paying job. Your short term thinking says a lot about you.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •