Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 224

Thread: November Deficit Highest on Record

  1. #171
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You know, OC, if I never get another response from you it won't matter a bit in my life.
    Well, that's for certain. You clearly have absoutely no tolerance for any belief that does not confirm 100% with your beliefs. So much so that you go off on childish tantrums whenever anyone asks you to actually prove your arguments.

    Would love to put my results up against yours but we know that isn't possible on line, don't we?
    And no one would believe you anyways. Someone who claims to have worked in the private sector but has publicly stated he does not care about processing data into usable forms is a liar.
    Every business needs processed data to make decisions on. And processed data comes from processing raw data. You have explicitly stated you do not care about processing data. Therefore you are 100% without question lying about your "experience."

    This Thread is about the Nov. 2010 deficit being the highest on record and has nothing to do with your comments.
    Pointing out how your arguments are wrong, stupid and completely without value does not mean my arguments are not related to the thread topic.

    But we all know you cannot win an argument against me. About time you stopped trying.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-12-10 at 06:59 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you will because you don't understand that the Clinton tax increase led to a Republican Congress and repeal of most of those taxes and you further ignore that since Obama took office he has added 3 trillion to the debt with November 2010 being the highest on record and that is almost 2 years after Bush left office. Now that is a liberal record to be proud of, isn't it?
    I am not ignoring the Obama debt that was necessary because of the terrible economic conditions that Bush left him with.

    It simply has nothing to do with the case for the tax rates under the Clinton years being fine and dandy and helping to create prosperity and a budget surplus.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #173
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am not ignoring the Obama debt that was necessary because of the terrible economic conditions that Bush left him with.

    It simply has nothing to do with the case for the tax rates under the Clinton years being fine and dandy and helping to create prosperity and a budget surplus.
    Two years later? The recession ended in June 2009 yet every month of 2010 the unemployment was higher and since he signed the stimulus 4 million jobs have been lost. There are over 16 million unemployed Americans so what do you think the deficit would be if those 16+ million were working again and paying their "fair share" in taxes? Obama has done nothing to put people back to work as the numbers show and therein lies the problem. It has nothing to do with Bush.

    I know how badly you want to defend Clinton but you don't have a clue what the tax rates were under Clinton and what the people actually paid in taxes just like you bought the 22 million number which has been shown to be wrong. Liberalism has made a fool out of you and you refuse to accept it.

  4. #174
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The recession ended in June 2009 yet every month of 2010 the unemployment was higher and since he signed the stimulus 4 million jobs have been lost.
    Quoted for irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #175
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Quoted for irony.
    What most economists will tell you is that TARP saved the economy and much of TARP was paid back in 2009 and we came out of recession in June 2009, long before much of the Obama stimulus could have had any impact. Still the Obama stimulus added 4 million to the unemployment roles because it did nothing to promote the private sector and all that money did was increase the debt. No one seems interested in explaining how Nov. 2010 had the highest deficit on record. Obama keeps touting that things are better so with 4 million more unemployed and the highest deficit on record I keep waiting for Obama to explain exactly what is getting better? How about Independent Thinker, give it your best shot.

  6. #176
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well, that's for certain. You clearly have absoutely no tolerance for any belief that does not confirm 100% with your beliefs. So much so that you go off on childish tantrums whenever anyone asks you to actually prove your arguments.



    And no one would believe you anyways. Someone who claims to have worked in the private sector but has publicly stated he does not care about processing data into usable forms is a liar.
    Every business needs processed data to make decisions on. And processed data comes from processing raw data. You have explicitly stated you do not care about processing data. Therefore you are 100% without question lying about your "experience."



    Pointing out how your arguments are wrong, stupid and completely without value does not mean my arguments are not related to the thread topic.

    But we all know you cannot win an argument against me. About time you stopped trying.
    There you have it fans. OC has awarded himself a unanimous decision.

    so what do you get for your win?



  7. #177
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What most economists will tell you is that TARP saved the economy and much of TARP was paid back in 2009 and we came out of recession in June 2009, long before much of the Obama stimulus could have had any impact. Still the Obama stimulus added 4 million to the unemployment roles because it did nothing to promote the private sector and all that money did was increase the debt. No one seems interested in explaining how Nov. 2010 had the highest deficit on record. Obama keeps touting that things are better so with 4 million more unemployed and the highest deficit on record I keep waiting for Obama to explain exactly what is getting better? How about Independent Thinker, give it your best shot.
    I'm sick so I'll give you my minimum shot.

    The stimulus did not elimintate jobs. What? Did they give money to projects based on the promise to lay people off?

    It's not the private sector's debt. You seem to want to pretend that government debt means that the private sector must lay people off. That isn't the case.

    November was the highest month due to stimulus money being dispersed I believe.

    All this doom and gloom you are offering amuses me. You said that the recession ended then you went on show how the economy is not doing well. Who exactly did the recession end for?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #178
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am not ignoring the Obama debt that was necessary because of the terrible economic conditions that Bush left him with.

    It simply has nothing to do with the case for the tax rates under the Clinton years being fine and dandy and helping to create prosperity and a budget surplus.
    You really need to stop reading leftwing publications and start reading the non partisan sites to verify the rhetoric. The U.S. Treasury site will not show any budget surplus during the Clinton years and since that is the checkbook of the United States comments to the contrary are bogus. If there was a budget surplus the debt would have gone down but it didn't so please explain to me us where that surplus was.

    Apparently you don't understand that there are two parts to the debt, public debt and intergovt. holdings. What Administrations have been doing since the late 60's is take from the Intergovt. holdings(SS) and using that money on budget to show a lower deficit. Replacing that money in the Intergovt. Holdings with IOU's doesn't lower the deficit or debt but instead increases it. Public Debt can be reduced but since the intergovt. holdings debt went up the total debt went up which it did under Clinton.

    Now with regard to the so called Bush economic disaster that led to the NOVEMBER 2010 DEFICIT, please tell us all how the Democrat controlled Congress allowed that to happen and what they did to prevent it? Seems you think we elect a King instead of a President who is subject to implementing Congressional legislation. I find it difficult to understand how GW Bush leaving office in January 2009 left economic conditions in Nov. 2010 that set a record deficit. Would love to hear you explain that?

  9. #179
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm sick so I'll give you my minimum shot.

    The stimulus did not elimintate jobs. What? Did they give money to projects based on the promise to lay people off?

    It's not the private sector's debt. You seem to want to pretend that government debt means that the private sector must lay people off. That isn't the case.

    November was the highest month due to stimulus money being dispersed I believe.

    All this doom and gloom you are offering amuses me. You said that the recession ended then you went on show how the economy is not doing well. Who exactly did the recession end for?
    Better get back on your meds because you are way off. The stimulus was signed in February 2009 and it is now 2010 so tell me why stimulus money which is a short term program was still being spent over 20 months later? The stimulus was sold that it would keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and that it would be spent on shovel ready jobs. It did neither. As for saving jobs, there is no guarantee that those jobs couldn't have been saved by the states where the responsibilities lie but regardless the facts show 4 million jobs lost and 3 trillion added to the debt.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am not ignoring the Obama debt that was necessary because of the terrible economic conditions that Bush left him with.

    It simply has nothing to do with the case for the tax rates under the Clinton years being fine and dandy and helping to create prosperity and a budget surplus.
    Letting the tax cuts expire and going back to the Clinton tax rates would not work now. Economic circumstances are much different.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •