Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 224

Thread: November Deficit Highest on Record

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,084

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't realize that this thread was about Clinton and Bush nor did I realize that we had someone here who totally ignores history. anyone that believes the Clinton tax increases gave us 22 million jobs is absolutely brainwashed as BLS doesn't show Clinton creating 22 million jobs nor does logic and common sense support that contention.
    The numbers are what the numbers are and no amount of spin by you or the warriors of the right changes any of that. Clinton = higher tax rates, 22 million jobs created and ended up with e budget surplus gift wrapped for Bush who crapped all over it like he just ate five bad burrito's.

    Too bad the rest of the nation got soiled in the process.

    But go on and urge more lowering of tax rates which don't help create any jobs. Go and an urge more for the greedy rich who do not need any more.

    Like the great Bernie Sanders asks "when is enough enough"?

    By your own count the difference is 20 million jobs. You want to moan and whine and complain about a 10% differential between the figures. Be my guest. Hang your hat on that one. 20 million is still 20 million more than were created the last decade with the Bush tax cut rates.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-12-10 at 05:09 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #152
    User Shooterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Seen
    02-24-11 @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    39

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The numbers are what the numbers are and no amount of spin by you or the warriors of the right changes any of that. Clinton = higher tax rates, 22 million jobs created and ended up with e budget surplus gift wrapped for Bush who crapped all over it like he just ate five bad burrito's.

    Too bad the rest of the nation got soiled in the process.

    But go on and urge more lowering of tax rates which don't help create any jobs. Go and an urge more for the greedy rich who do not need any more.

    Like the great Bernie Sanders asks "when is enough enough"?
    An avowed socialist and Bernie Sanders is the great Bernie Sanders. Guffaw! Gadzooks! Ye Gads and Little Gold Fish! Throw in a Holy Mackerel, as well.
    The United States is entirely [354 U.S. 1, 6] a creature of the Constitution. 3 Its power and authority have no other source. It can only act in accordance with all the limitations imposed by the Constitution. -REID v. COVERT, 354 U.S. 1 (1957)

    Choosing between PUBS and DIMS is like choosing between warm crap and warmer crap; they both stink. Shooterman 1935-

    God made Texas almost perfect, but gave us 'skeeters, 'gators, rattlesnakes, and LIB DIMS and PUBS ( still rattlesnakes ) so we wouldn't think we were already in Heaven. Shooterman 1935-

    The economy is experiencing a crack up boom. That's like a woman flying upside down in a plane and attempting to land; big crack up, go boom.

  3. #153
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The numbers are what the numbers are and no amount of spin by you or the warriors of the right changes any of that. Clinton = higher tax rates, 22 million jobs created and ended up with e budget surplus gift wrapped for Bush who crapped all over it like he just ate five bad burrito's.

    Too bad the rest of the nation got soiled in the process.

    But go on and urge more lowering of tax rates which don't help create any jobs. Go and an urge more for the greedy rich who do not need any more.

    Like the great Bernie Sanders asks "when is enough enough"?

    By your own count the difference is 20 million jobs. You want to moan and whine and complain about a 10% differential between the figures. Be my guest. Hang your hat on that one. 20 million is still 20 million more than were created the last decade with the Bush tax cut rates.
    Yes, because there are obviously no other factors that could have possible impacted the economy. If jobs increased during Clinton, it's obviously due to higher tax rates. If they decreased during Bush, it's obviously because of lower tax rates.

    *blank stare*
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The numbers are what the numbers are and no amount of spin by you or the warriors of the right changes any of that. Clinton = higher tax rates, 22 million jobs created and ended up with e budget surplus gift wrapped for Bush who crapped all over it like he just ate five bad burrito's.

    Too bad the rest of the nation got soiled in the process.

    But go on and urge more lowering of tax rates which don't help create any jobs. Go and an urge more for the greedy rich who do not need any more.

    Like the great Bernie Sanders asks "when is enough enough"?

    By your own count the difference is 20 million jobs. You want to moan and whine and complain about a 10% differential between the figures. Be my guest. Hang your hat on that one. 20 million is still 20 million more than were created the last decade with the Bush tax cut rates.
    I posted the numbers, but you ignored them which isn't surprising. Doesn't sound to me like you are old enough to understand that you keeping more of your money happens with tax cuts and that benefits the economy. Those aren't my numbers, those are the Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers and it shows 18 million, not 20 million. I am still waiting for you to show me how the Clinton tax increase created those jobs although I do happen to agree with you, those tax increases gave us a GOP Congress that repealed most of them, a little fact that you ignore.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,084

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What about spending cuts? You never address the fact Clinton cut the military almost in half.
    Another good thing to give him credit for.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,084

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I posted the numbers, but you ignored them which isn't surprising. Doesn't sound to me like you are old enough to understand that you keeping more of your money happens with tax cuts and that benefits the economy. Those aren't my numbers, those are the Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers and it shows 18 million, not 20 million. I am still waiting for you to show me how the Clinton tax increase created those jobs although I do happen to agree with you, those tax increases gave us a GOP Congress that repealed most of them, a little fact that you ignore.
    what do you get when you subtract 117 million from 137 million?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #157
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    what do you get when you subtract 117 million from 137 million?
    Where did you get the 117 million, that was December 1988. I am getting worried about you and your distortion of the facts.

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,084

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Yes, because there are obviously no other factors that could have possible impacted the economy. If jobs increased during Clinton, it's obviously due to higher tax rates. If they decreased during Bush, it's obviously because of lower tax rates.

    *blank stare*
    Gimme a freakin' break. Is there any doubt that if the numbers were in your favor you righties would trumpet them and damn any other reasons or explanations?

    Lets be real here. When the numbers seem to prove you are right - then you love the numbers and they speak for themselves. When the numbers work for the hated enemy - then there are other reasons. sure.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-12-10 at 06:04 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #159
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Gimme a freakin' break. Is there any doubt that if the numbers were in your favor you righties would trumpet them and damn any other reasons or explanations?

    Lets be real here.
    Yet you distort the numbers to serve your point of view using the wrong data and then never telling the rest of the story. That to me is something a true cult follower does. I remember to this day when I realized that liberalism was a total and complete failure and how it was creating dependence. I wanted no part of it and wondered why it took me so long to realize what a fool liberalism was making out of me. I am confident that it will happen to you someday.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,084

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where did you get the 117 million, that was December 1988. I am getting worried about you and your distortion of the facts.
    this is not in your post with the stats?

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    1992 117978

    that was not the start of the Clinton presidency?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •