Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 224

Thread: November Deficit Highest on Record

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No one can provie that the stimulus kept employment higher than it would have been. You cannot prove a negative only what actually happened but I assure you that if you spent what Obama spent and got the results Obama got, you wouldn't have a job right now.
    A large amount of money was spent and jobs were preserved and created. Without that money injected into the economy, jobs which were preserved would have been lost and new jobs would not have been created.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    A large amount of money was spent and jobs were preserved and created. Without that money injected into the economy, jobs which were preserved would have been lost and new jobs would not have been created.
    So we have been told, where is the outrage over the Federal Govt. bailing out unions and "saving" jobs that are state responsibilities? There is no proof that the states couldn't have saved those jobs without Federal help. The stimulus was a waste of taxpayer dollars and the Obama supporters have been sold a bill of goods. The election on Nov. 2, 2010 proved that the majority in this country don't buy the Obama rhetoric either.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So we have been told, where is the outrage over the Federal Govt. bailing out unions and "saving" jobs that are state responsibilities? There is no proof that the states couldn't have saved those jobs without Federal help. The stimulus was a waste of taxpayer dollars and the Obama supporters have been sold a bill of goods. The election on Nov. 2, 2010 proved that the majority in this country don't buy the Obama rhetoric either.
    The States have no money available because of all their unfunded liabilities and their inability to run a deficit.

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Bill Clinton plus 22 million jobs with higher tax rates.

    Bush --- with lower tax rates...... forgetaboutit.

    CASE CLOSED.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #95
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    The States have no money available because of all their unfunded liabilities and their inability to run a deficit.
    Again, that is what we are told but we will never know as the states weren't challenged to make the tough decisions. Unfunded mandates were made illegal during the 90's as part of the Contract with America that the Republican Congress got passed. I believe the states would have found the money by making the tough choices but with liberals there is no such thing as personal responsibility.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Bill Clinton plus 22 million jobs with higher tax rates.

    Bush --- with lower tax rates...... forgetaboutit.

    CASE CLOSED.
    Clinton with a GOP Congress

    Bush with a Democrat Congress when jobs were lost

    Obama with a Democrat Congress and 4 million net jobs lost

    Cased CLOSED!

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, that is what we are told but we will never know as the states weren't challenged to make the tough decisions. Unfunded mandates were made illegal during the 90's as part of the Contract with America that the Republican Congress got passed. I believe the states would have found the money by making the tough choices but with liberals there is no such thing as personal responsibility.
    You do realize that States have to pay for their pensions, for all the workers who put in 20 years, and that the costs are rising sucking budget and that those were not made illegal, don't you?

  8. #98
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You do realize that States have to pay for their pensions, for all the workers who put in 20 years, and that the costs are rising sucking budget and that those were not made illegal, don't you?
    Yes, I do but I also know that when times get tough in the private sector cuts are made. That wasn't the purpose of the stimulus and that isn't the way it was sold.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, I do but I also know that when times get tough in the private sector cuts are made. That wasn't the purpose of the stimulus and that isn't the way it was sold.
    Cuts would have reduced federal and state government jobs. More unemployment. Great idea!

  10. #100
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: November Deficit Highest on Record

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Cuts would have reduced federal and state government jobs. More unemployment. Great idea!
    The stimulus plan was to create jobs, not bail out unions and pay for existing state jobs. No jobs created, great job!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •