Page 86 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #851
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about protecting straight soldiers from discrimination by gay officers and NCO's? Screw'em, because they're all just a buncha homophobes and bigots, anyway?


    Bless your heart....
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #852
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    No, it's a ridiculous suggestion. It shows you don't give a damn about morale. Family and loved ones are what keep our troops going.
    And, your extensive military service tells you it's a ridiculous suggestion?

    It's a good thing you weren't posted at the Baumholder Kasserne, where PDA (public displays of affection) was prohibited, by order of the division commander, even while off duty and off post.

    So, with your decades long military service record, you think the best thing to do, is to abolish DADT, leave the ban on gays in place and let the cards fall where they may?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #853
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post


    Bless your heart....
    I guess tat means that you support discrimination?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #854
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    No, they don't get to break their contract, just like the government can't.

    DADT breaks the contract...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #855
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What about protecting straight soldiers from discrimination by gay officers and NCO's? Screw'em, because they're all just a buncha homophobes and bigots, anyway?
    Wait...you don't think there are already protections there for those situations?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #856
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    DADT breaks the contract...........
    Good luck with that argument in any court.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #857
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, your extensive military service tells you it's a ridiculous suggestion?

    It's a good thing you weren't posted at the Baumholder Kasserne, where PDA (public displays of affection) was prohibited, by order of the division commander, even while off duty and off post.

    So, with your decades long military service record, you think the best thing to do, is to abolish DADT, leave the ban on gays in place and let the cards fall where they may?
    I don't need to have any military experience. Apparently I consider our military to be more professional and honorable than you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #858
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I guess tat means that you support discrimination?
    If that's your best guess, who am I to try to convince you otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #859
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wait...you don't think there are already protections there for those situations?
    Not, when it comes to asking a soldier's sexual orientation, hence DADT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #860
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually no Navy, there is not. There is a law on the books that says if a gay person tells the military they are gay they will be discharged. A gay person can be flaming gay and not violate that law now.
    That is your problem a person can be very feminine and not be gay............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •