Page 77 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #761
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    And that's the thing, they shouldn't need special protection. We don't make blacks get plastic surgery to protect them from racists, because those who pick on people for being themselves don't belong in the army in the first place. Also, if they made it into the army, I would hope they can fend for themselves.

    And I like how you guys pride yourselves on making pride sound like a bad thing when it comes to the gay community.
    It's a bad thing, when it comes to DADT abolition being mostly agenda driven.

    I don't think it's, "special protection", it's a device put in place to allow gays to serve, without fear of being kicked out, or witch hunted.

    Why not just enlist, do your job and shutup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #762
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Looks to me like you you remain confused again, read what you posted not what you think you posted. Do Moderators ever admit when wrong?
    You are correct, I forgot to add a the word "not" between the words "should" and "be". That was my mistake.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #763
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are correct, I forgot to add a the word "not" between the words "should" and "be". That was my mistake.
    thank you, remember that when you jump on others. We all make mistakes.

  4. #764
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's a bad thing, when it comes to DADT abolition being mostly agenda driven.

    I don't think it's, "special protection", it's a device put in place to allow gays to serve, without fear of being kicked out, or witch hunted.

    Why not just enlist, do your job and shutup?
    Why not allow people to serve with the same rules for everyone?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #765
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why not allow people to serve with the same rules for everyone?
    But they are serving under the same rules, DADT is law for everyone. Heterosexuals cannot talk about their sexual preference either.

  6. #766
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The emails where used to be considered a "tell". That is the problem, the list of things that are considered a tell. You would not accept living under those constraints, nor would I. It goes far beyond just having to never say "I am gay".


    That shouldn't be the case.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #767
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    But they are serving under the same rules, DADT is law for everyone. Heterosexuals cannot talk about their sexual preference either.
    What?! Yes they can. My husband talks about me often enough that the other guys know who I am when I walk into that office. For that matter, they talk about their wives/girlfriends often enough that I know about them just from the stories my husband tells me. DADT in no way prevents a straight person from revealing their orientation.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  8. #768
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    What?! Yes they can. My husband talks about me often enough that the other guys know who I am when I walk into that office. For that matter, they talk about their wives/girlfriends often enough that I know about them just from the stories my husband tells me. DADT in no way prevents a straight person from revealing their orientation.
    You are probably right, but to be totally consistent that is what the gays should be focusing on.

  9. #769
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are probably right, but to be totally consistent that is what the gays should be focusing on.



    Penis?........
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #770
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Penis?........
    Doubt that will impress a Lesbian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •