Page 76 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #751
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    And I agree that people care much more about the economy than DADT. Hell, I care more about then economy and I'm about the biggest supporter of the repeal there is. But that doesn't mean we have to ignore everything until unemployment is below 6%. I can still care about the economy while supporting the repeal.
    A lot of people support repeal and I quite frankly don't care either way. I just wonder how many here will enlist after it is appealed since it is such a big deal for some.

  2. #752
    User Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    12-14-10 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    84

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because gays in the military don't have to, "hide". DADT was put into place to protect them; to end the days of recruiters/commanders asking if they're gay. Before DADT gays had to hide and lie. Now, they can say, "you can't ask me that. It's against the rules".

    As I've suggested. the ban on gays should be lifted and DADT left in place. I know that's not popular with the anti-dadt folks, because it ****s with the whole gay pride, in yo' face thing.
    And that's the thing, they shouldn't need special protection. We don't make blacks get plastic surgery to protect them from racists, because those who pick on people for being themselves don't belong in the army in the first place. Also, if they made it into the army, I would hope they can fend for themselves.

    And I like how you guys pride yourselves on making pride sound like a bad thing when it comes to the gay community.
    Whenever people seem to either completely love you, or whether they utterly hate you, you know you must be doin' it right.

  3. #753
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And again, the issue is whether the law should be overturned, not whether the discharges should have happened. We went over this earlier in the thread as well.
    There are consequences in the real world for violating a policy especially in the military. Some live in another world where you only enforce the laws that support a liberal point of view. If the law was violated then the discharge is warranted.
    Last edited by Conservative; 12-14-10 at 03:00 PM.

  4. #754
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The proponents of changing the law had 17 years to do it including 7 years of Clinton, 8 years of Bush, and two years of Obama. They didn't do it and the question is why?
    Because the time was not right. Now the time is right. Public opinion has swung on the issue, the military agrees it is ready, the DoD report says it can be done with a minimum of disruption.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #755
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are consequences in the real world for violating a policy especially in the military. Some live in another world where you only enforce the laws that support a liberal point of view. If the law was violated then the discharge is warranted.
    OK, I just told you that people who violate DADT should be discharged, and you come back with this crap. Do you pay attention at all?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #756
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because the time was not right. Now the time is right. Public opinion has swung on the issue, the military agrees it is ready, the DoD report says it can be done with a minimum of disruption.
    Then when and if it happens, so be it! Still takes either a law change or court action.

  7. #757
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    OK, I just told you that people who violate DADT should be discharged, and you come back with this crap. Do you pay attention at all?
    You did? Hmmm...maybe you ought to re-read what you posted

    No one is claiming(well, at least not me) that those who violate DADT should be discharged as long as the law is on the books. What is being discussed is whether the law should be changed.
    I wonder if "moderators" ever admit when wrong? Looks to me like you aren't claiming that those who violate DADT should be discharged.
    Last edited by Conservative; 12-14-10 at 03:11 PM.

  8. #758
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then when and if it happens, so be it! Still takes either a law change or court action.
    Which I thought was what was being debated. Considering the topic is about an attempt to change the law, I think in fact the topic is changing the law.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #759
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You did? Hmmm...maybe you ought to re-read what you posted
    What part of that confused you. No one is saying that I have seen that the law should not be enforced, only that it should be changed. To put it in simpler terms. While the law is on the books, it is the law. If you violate the law, you bring on the consequences of doing so, which in this case means a discharge. I am not suggesting that those who "tell" should not be discharged. Not at all, not in any way, never said anything to suggest otherwise.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #760
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What part of that confused you. No one is saying that I have seen that the law should not be enforced, only that it should be changed. To put it in simpler terms. While the law is on the books, it is the law. If you violate the law, you bring on the consequences of doing so, which in this case means a discharge. I am not suggesting that those who "tell" should not be discharged. Not at all, not in any way, never said anything to suggest otherwise.
    Looks to me like you you remain confused again, read what you posted not what you think you posted. Do Moderators ever admit when wrong?

    No one is claiming(well, at least not me) that those who violate DADT should be discharged as long as the law is on the books.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •