Page 72 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #711
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Reading comprehension > you apparently. Did you miss my stating, clearly, this thread.



    Perhaps you should compose more consise thoughts. to me it seemed that you were suggesting it was as big an issue to conservative as say critical thought.....


    See I disagree with conservative for the most part, but I hardly think he registers on the scale of the "Gay agenda" threads and posting, just sayin....
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #712
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,021

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You don't have to count, you can click on the number of posts in the thread in the forum and it lists people who have posted in a thread and their post count in that thread.

    I don't mind being challenged, but you have not done much successfully except repeated the same refuted comments.
    When challenged a liberal either ignores the challenge or claims that the challenge has been refuted or been unsuccessful. Glad to hear that you took a personal poll and came up with that unanimous decision supporting your point of view. Well done!

  3. #713
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,663
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Perhaps you should compose more consise thoughts. to me it seemed that you were suggesting it was as big an issue to conservative as say critical thought.....


    See I disagree with conservative for the most part, but I hardly think he registers on the scale of the "Gay agenda" threads and posting, just sayin....
    I can see where you could get confused since I specifically stated this thread. His comments in this thread are why is it a big deal, but he is making a big deal of it, in this thread. We are not talking about "gay issues" or "the gay agenda"(hint: there isn't one), we are talking about one specific issue.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #714
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 02:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    dont ask, dont tell.. whats wrong with that idea.

    no one hates Gays, just not the place to be flaunting it.

    and should a lame duck congress really be voting or introducing ANYTHING?
    They were voted out werent they?.

  5. #715
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,663
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When challenged a liberal either ignores the challenge or claims that the challenge has been refuted or been unsuccessful. Glad to hear that you took a personal poll and came up with that unanimous decision supporting your point of view. Well done!
    When challenged, a conservative moves the goalposts and shifts the topic.

    What did the heads of the military report to congress?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  6. #716
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I can see where you could get confused since I specifically stated this thread. His comments in this thread are why is it a big deal, but he is making a big deal of it, in this thread. We are not talking about "gay issues" or "the gay agenda"(hint: there isn't one), we are talking about one specific issue.

    There is absolutley a "Gay Agenda" for some folks. I see nothing wrong with it... I don't think people's liberty should be stifled based on where they stick thier genitalia.... but to say there is no agenda, I think is incorrect.


    As for "this thread" you changed HIS context.... I was following his. So even if you think I was wrong in my response. the snotty retort, was wholly unnecessary...
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #717
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,147

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Since when is not having to hide an aspect of the self "shoving it down peoples's throats"? Are you shoving your own agenda down people's throats by openly stating your opinion that they shouldn't shove THEIR agenda down people's throats? No, you're just being honest about it.
    Because gays in the military don't have to, "hide". DADT was put into place to protect them; to end the days of recruiters/commanders asking if they're gay. Before DADT gays had to hide and lie. Now, they can say, "you can't ask me that. It's against the rules".

    As I've suggested. the ban on gays should be lifted and DADT left in place. I know that's not popular with the anti-dadt folks, because it ****s with the whole gay pride, in yo' face thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #718
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,147

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When challenged, a conservative moves the goalposts and shifts the topic.

    What did the heads of the military report to congress?
    What did the Chief of Staff for The Army and the Commandant of The Marine Corps say?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #719
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,663
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    There is absolutley a "Gay Agenda" for some folks. I see nothing wrong with it... I don't think people's liberty should be stifled based on where they stick thier genitalia.... but to say there is no agenda, I think is incorrect.
    Some folks have an agenda, but there is no overriding "gay agenda".


    As for "this thread" you changed HIS context.... I was following his. So even if you think I was wrong in my response. the snotty retort, was wholly unnecessary...
    You might want to reread his post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Read on, even if the number is what Critical Thought stated that is 21 million out of a population of 310 million or a little less than 7%. The military is estimating 66000 or 2% of the military which is hardly a major issue in today's world. With all the problems we have in this country why is this such a major issue for you and others? Looks to me like it is going to be repealed, then what?
    Note that it is speaking of DADT directly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #720
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,663
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because gays in the military don't have to, "hide". DADT was put into place to protect them; to end the days of recruiters/commanders asking if they're gay. Before DADT gays had to hide and lie. Now, they can say, "you can't ask me that. It's against the rules".

    As I've suggested. the ban on gays should be lifted and DADT left in place. I know that's not popular with the anti-dadt folks, because it ****s with the whole gay pride, in yo' face thing.
    Yes they do have to hide the fact they are gay. Do you want me to document why some have been thrown out? What is considered "telling"? Again?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •