Page 69 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #681
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Well you can't just quit when you want, you do have to serve out your contract.

    My prediction, as someone who's more closely tied to the military than I want to be right now, is that there will be a lot of hooplah (found some!) in the military for about 2.5 days. Until they realize that no one's coming out! I mean really, would you? From there, attitudes will slowly (I'm talking decades) change so that a homosexual could come out if they wished too, but that doesn't really seem to be the type that is attracted to military service. You're not going to get a lot of Jacks (a la Will and Grace) signing up for the Marine Corps.

    There was much, much worse opinions about integrating blacks and it ended up just fine after an adjustment period.
    When RAND did their study on gays in the military, this was something they learned. Many gays, while no longer actively hiding being gay, don't actually make a big deal out of it and just quietly go about their lives in the military.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #682
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know how many that is and when that happens. Until then keep building the strawman. there are approximately 8 million LGTG in the country today and if half of them are in the military which we know isn't true that would equal the amount of jobs Obama has lost since taking office.
    You base that number on what? No one knows how many gays there are in this country, with good estimates between 2 and 10 %.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #683
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is the same thing people predicted for the British military, that totally failed to happen. No evidence to back up your prediction at all, but there is evidence it will not happen.
    There is no evidence that it won't happen either as this isn't England regardless of your opinion.

  4. #684
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Quite interesting, did you even review the bills and know what their status letter means? Let me know which one of those bills would have reduced unemployment and lowered the deficit?
    That has what to do with DADT?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #685
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You base that number on what? No one knows how many gays there are in this country, with good estimates between 2 and 10 %.
    Google it and find out the best estimate. You do know how to Google, right?

  6. #686
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nor is it my fault that this is a huge issue for yhou and whether or not they GOP filibustered DADT repeal or not doesn't answer the question as to why it wasn't brought up when then Democrats had a filibuster proof Congress. You only insult your intelligence by claiming it was Obama trying to compromise with Republicans.
    I intelligently answered that democrats delayed repealing DADT to wait for the DOD report on the request of republicans. I have mentioned that to you about a dozen times. How do you keep missing that?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #687
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is no evidence that it won't happen either as this isn't England regardless of your opinion.
    Actually, the experience of other countries in similar situations is evidence. What it is not is proof. Nice try though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #688
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Google it and find out the best estimate. You do know how to Google, right?
    So you cannot back up your own claim?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #689
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Don't ask those kinds of questions, if you don't want to be challenged. Obviously, you said loud and clear what you really think of the will of the people. Never mind that repealling DADT isn't, "the will of the people".
    It is so.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #690
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you cannot back up your own claim?
    Is that a rhetorical question?

    There's a clear pattern emerging from this website.

    The more of partisan hack you are the less likely you are able to defend your claims.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •