Page 68 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #671
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    This thread is about DADT. Openly gay soldiers who are discharged will be unemployed.
    Let me know how many that is and when that happens. Until then keep building the strawman. there are approximately 8 million LGTG in the country today and if half of them are in the military which we know isn't true that would equal the amount of jobs Obama has lost since taking office.

  2. #672
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    LOL, 2.5 days may be stretching it. I've always viewed this issue as a lot of "to do" for naught. Some seem to believe that the repeal would act as some sort of "Recruitment Campaign" to attract more openly gay volunteers for military service. Something tells me, from my own personal experiences in military service, that this will likely not be the outcome.
    Okay realistically maybe 45 minutes!

    My biggest hope is that the ones that were kicked out that we've already spent money training will reinlist. As I recall there were some very expensive pilots that got the boot.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #673
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post

    My biggest hope is that the ones that were kicked out that we've already spent money training will reinlist. As I recall there were some very expensive pilots that got the boot.
    I agree, it certainly seems a waste of resources - not so much the money - but the loss of knowldege and experience is difficult to account for.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #674
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Quite interesting, did you even review the bills and know what their status letter means? Let me know which one of those bills would have reduced unemployment and lowered the deficit?

  5. #675
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    That's because you frame it as a fact without any evidence. You do understand that in formal debate you are supposed to support your claims, right?
    No, he doesn't.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #676
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So still I am waiting for exactly what the Republicans obstructed with regards to the Obama Agenda and more to the point, why is this issue(DADT) now? It has been in effect since 1993 so what difference does another few months make? If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen and I am still waiting for the national implications of this and why we are now into our 64th page on this thread. Sure is a lot of passion for something so irrelevant and something that affects about 4% of the population.
    If you choose not to read my posts where I explain things repeatedly, it's not my fault. Did the republicans, or did they not, block voting on DADT repeal post the DoD report? See, you can even answer your own question.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #677
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't get it, 65 pages of "debate" on a topic that affects 4% of the population in a country that has 9.8% reported unemployment, probably more like 17% unemployment, a 14 trillion dollar debt and an administration that has added 4 million to the unemployment roles and 3 trillion to the debt in two years. It was these results that led to the shellacking Democrats took in Nov. and yet 65 pages of debate on DADT. Some people really have their priorities screwed up.
    Maybe you did not know this, but people can be passionate about more than one issue at once.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #678
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just a reminder Bill Clinton signed it and a Democrat Congress passed it. It has been in place for 17 years. When it is repealed my bet is you are going to see a lot of retirements in the military. This is an all volunteer military that if someone doesn't like the rules, then don't enlist. Guess I don't see the injustice in this all volunteer military, but you would have a point if there was a draft.
    This is the same thing people predicted for the British military, that totally failed to happen. No evidence to back up your prediction at all, but there is evidence it will not happen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #679
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you choose not to read my posts where I explain things repeatedly, it's not my fault. Did the republicans, or did they not, block voting on DADT repeal post the DoD report? See, you can even answer your own question.
    Nor is it my fault that this is a huge issue for yhou and whether or not they GOP filibustered DADT repeal or not doesn't answer the question as to why it wasn't brought up when then Democrats had a filibuster proof Congress. You only insult your intelligence by claiming it was Obama trying to compromise with Republicans.

  10. #680
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,627

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Political platforms are sometimes a collaboration of single issue voters, Conservative.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •