Page 59 of 163 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #581
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Yep, they are afraid to be called obstructionists when they are in the minority and the GOP wears obstructionist as a badge of honor.
    Civics doesn't appear to be a strong suit of yours nor is actual history. Democrats had a super majority in the House and huge numbers in the Senate including a filibuster proof Senate for a number of months yet you bought the leftwing rhetoric. Apparently there isn't a lot of non partisan news in Illinois.

  2. #582
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The majority don't make the rules for the military, Congress does and right now DADT is a law put into place in 1993 by Bill Clinton and a Democrat Congress.
    It's not the worst thing in the world if they don't pass it. The courts will take care of it for them shortly.

    Oh and the Democrats in the 90s sucked too.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #583
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The majority don't make the rules for the military, Congress does and right now DADT is a law put into place in 1993 by Bill Clinton and a Democrat Congress.

    Great so you support Congress critters going against the will of the people when it suits your purposes.
    Last edited by winston53660; 12-13-10 at 09:03 PM.

  4. #584
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Great so you support Congress critters going against the will of the people when it suits your ideological purposes.
    With 16 million plus unemployed, 3 trillion more added to the debt, I doubt seriously whether this is a huge issue with the majority of the people but could be wrong. If not mistaken this was an issue on Nov. 2 and didn't seem to make much of a difference.

  5. #585
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With 16 million plus unemployed, 3 trillion more added to the debt, I doubt seriously whether this is a huge issue with the majority of the people but could be wrong. If not mistaken this was an issue on Nov. 2 and didn't seem to make much of a difference.

    Deflection and dodging.^

  6. #586
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Deflection and dodging.^
    Why is this such a big deal with you? For me I don't care as long as it doesn't result in mass retirements and weaken our military which at this time no one knows. The number one responsibility of the U.S. Govt. is to "Provide for the Common Defense" so as long as this issue doesn't affect our defense, it really isn't on my radar.

  7. #587
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Civics doesn't appear to be a strong suit of yours nor is actual history. Democrats had a super majority in the House and huge numbers in the Senate including a filibuster proof Senate for a number of months yet you bought the leftwing rhetoric. Apparently there isn't a lot of non partisan news in Illinois.


    You are obviously being dishonest. They were waiting for the Pentagon report. They were being reasonable. Here, I'll provide you a link: Reasonable - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #588
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post


    You are obviously being dishonest. They were waiting for the Pentagon report. They were being reasonable. Here, I'll provide you a link: Reasonable - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Thanks for the definition but that doesn't answer my question, what exactly was it that the Republicans prevented Obama from doing?

  9. #589
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,580

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Great so you support Congress critters going against the will of the people when it suits your purposes.
    Do you support Obamacare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #590
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you support Obamacare?

    Do you support the repeal of DADT.

    BTW this thread is about DADT not Obamacare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •