Page 24 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #231
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    First of all the military isn't a democracy. If you don't like the policy then you have the right to drop out of the military at the end of your term. Seems you want the benefits the military offers but not accept the laws military leaders and Congress have enacted.
    That's kind of a dumb thing to say. I can stay in with no problems, since I'm not gay. I don't have to hide anything about myself.

    And I am completely within military regulations to disagree and even fight against in a legal way rules of the military that I consider to be discriminatory.

    Along with that, you said it yourself, the military is not a democracy, so why is it that the major opponent of DADT repeal is insisting that we ask the troops what they want?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because DADT is a military issue, not a civilian issue. Whether or not it is repealed doesn't affect anyone outside the military. LGBT which represents a very small percentage of the population are going to have to live with it if they want to enlist.
    We have civilian control of the military, and DADT is an issue that affects civilians' ability to enlist, which in turn affects the military.

    It's a civilian issue, because there is no separation between military and civilian issues. The military is not a democracy, but America is, and America controls its military.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post





    When a super-majority of Americans, half the Republicans, close to all of the Democrats, and 70% of Independents support repealing some legislation, there's absolutely no excuse for a Democratic President who has the House, Senate and Administration.

    This was especially interesting:



    Obama's legislative agenda, both in what he advocates, and what the Democrats support, leaves MUCH to be desired from the American people, let alone his own damn base that elected him.

    I know a lot of Obama supporters. About 50% of them say they're voting independent in 2012.

    If I were the President or a Democratic Congressman I honestly don't think I could orchestrate a more effective plan to lose me the reelection/my seat than what Obama and the Democrats are doing, not just on Don't Ask Don't Tell, but on their entire legislative agenda.
    Yeah, well that's all well and good ya know, problem is that whenever the question of homosexuality has been put on the ballot, ya know, that's where everyone that has an opinion votes, then the issue of homosexuality has lost.. Lost... Lost! They lose, because those that vote for democrats, 95% black, 80% Latino, and what 80% White trash all happen to have some modicum of family values instilled in them. Enough so, that they'll vote for more welfare, but against the homosexuals everytime.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #234
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Trust me...I won't. I will never sit back and allow the bigots of the world to preach their hatred without speaking out.
    And I'll never sit back and let the socialist elites force their moral diversity on an all volunteer military without speaking out about it. I think you need more God in your life.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #235
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Considering that most of those that identify as Democrats want to see DADT repealed, even more than Republicans, I don't see how he can actually believe what he posted.

    Poll: Two out of three say repeal don’t ask, don’t tell – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    Yeah, sure they do. Now ask yourself what "type" of person takes the time to answer a political survey? There's your answer to why my cliam is valid, and demonstratbly true based on the actual voting habits of the democratic base.

    Next..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #236
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And I'll never sit back and let the socialist elites force their moral diversity on an all volunteer military without speaking out about it. I think you need more God in your life.
    Who are you to judge how much God is in anyone else's life? Just because they don't believe what you do?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That's kind of a dumb thing to say. I can stay in with no problems, since I'm not gay. I don't have to hide anything about myself.

    And I am completely within military regulations to disagree and even fight against in a legal way rules of the military that I consider to be discriminatory.

    Along with that, you said it yourself, the military is not a democracy, so why is it that the major opponent of DADT repeal is insisting that we ask the troops what they want?
    Good point, there is no reason to ask anyone in the military what they think

  8. #238
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,838

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yeah, well that's all well and good ya know, problem is that whenever the question of homosexuality has been put on the ballot, ya know, that's where everyone that has an opinion votes, then the issue of homosexuality has lost.. Lost... Lost! They lose, because those that vote for democrats, 95% black, 80% Latino, and what 80% White trash all happen to have some modicum of family values instilled in them. Enough so, that they'll vote for more welfare, but against the homosexuals everytime.


    Tim-
    he writes "against the homosexuals" and then a smiley.

    Seriously. What is WRONG with these people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And I'll never sit back and let the socialist elites force their moral diversity on an all volunteer military without speaking out about it. I think you need more God in your life.
    Freedom is "moral diversity." You heard it here.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #239
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yeah, sure they do. Now ask yourself what "type" of person takes the time to answer a political survey? There's your answer to why my cliam is valid, and demonstratbly true based on the actual voting habits of the democratic base.

    Next..


    Tim-
    Most people do not care if the military allows gays to serve openly. It generally doesn't affect those people. The specific issue of DADT repeal has never been made an actual ballot issue, so you cannot say that the public votes against it. Gay marriage is not the same issue as DADT. They both discriminate, wrongly, against gays, but many more people are for the repeal of DADT than those who are for allowing gay marriage.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    We have civilian control of the military, and DADT is an issue that affects civilians' ability to enlist, which in turn affects the military.

    It's a civilian issue, because there is no separation between military and civilian issues. The military is not a democracy, but America is, and America controls its military.
    So the military is not meeting its recruiting requirements? Cite your source. DADT is being debated by the civilians and military leadership and isn't going to get repealed. Don't enlist. LBBT is a very, very small percentage in this country so doubt it impacts the military recruiting at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •