Page 22 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #211
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Always disturbs me how these issues are settled by a bunch of people who wouldn't join the military under any circumstances.

    It's like having felons write criminal law.
    A fairly significant percentage of those in the Senate are veterans. Most of those veterans are democrats. Your point is?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Whether it is fair or not, it is the law in an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY. You don't like the law and are gay then don't enlist.
    What is this intended to argue for or refute?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because this issue doesn't affect anyone that isn't enlisting. DADT doesn't affect you or anyone else outside the military.
    Again, what is your point?

  3. #213
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    he been "crap", as are most democrats when you ask them off mic. KNow why? Coz their "base" are mostly black and latino, or poor white trash, and if you don't have that vote, you, the Democracts would never EVER get elected. Black, latino's, and poor white trash, as much as they love the democrats, they sure as heck aren't all warm and fuzzy about homosexuals. That's why sunshine..


    Tim-
    can you provide a link that verifies your claim that the "base" is made up of blacks, latinos, and poor white trash, as the majority? thanks.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #214
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    'Don't ask' repeal fails in SenateThe topic is DADT and the senate vote, not random links. Stay on topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #215
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What makes the military great is the discipline that is instilled in all who have volunteered to serve. Discipline comes from rules which seem to not have a place in society today. DADT is a rule in place, you don't like the rule, don't enlist.
    Maybe this is going over your head, but the effort is to change the rule, not violate it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I am enlisted and straight. It affects me because I know how many good workers we've lost to DADT and even one is too many people to lose because of a discriminatory policy that promotes intolerance.
    First of all the military isn't a democracy. If you don't like the policy then you have the right to drop out of the military at the end of your term. Seems you want the benefits the military offers but not accept the laws military leaders and Congress have enacted.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Maybe this is going over your head, but the effort is to change the rule, not violate it.
    Not over my head at all, Congress isn't going to rescind DADT, get used to it.

  8. #218
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    This is Obama once again voting "present" he has a pen, he can do an EO. Why won't he take a stand?
    For the same reason he has given all along, and you have had explained to you multiple times. Obama believes the change should come from the congress, which is where, properly, laws should be made and changed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    What is this intended to argue for or refute?

    Again, what is your point?
    I believe you know my point, just don't want to admit it. DADT is the rule of the military, you don't like the rule then don't enlist. This is an all volunteer military, so if it were a draft you would have an issue but not due to the fact that no one is forcing you to enlist.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I believe you know my point, just don't want to admit it. DADT is the rule of the military, you don't like the rule then don't enlist. This is an all volunteer military, so if it were a draft you would have an issue but not due to the fact that no one is forcing you to enlist.
    Do I have to keep asking, or are you going to tell me how this is an argument for the maintanence of DADT?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •