Page 17 of 163 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #161
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh puh-lease....it's people like you who make gay people's sex lives their business......why does it matter to you who people love and want to marry.
    It doesn't - so I don't ask about it and I don't want people to tell me about it. So don't MAKE it my business by removing DADT.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If it doesn't involve you then you should stay out of it. However, you people always feel the need to stick your nose in other people's lives.
    Uh.. DADT is about just that - staying out of it. I'm actually wanting to NOT stick my nose anywhere and I'd rather be oblivious where the military is concerned.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #162
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    In one week...the Republican party has reassured us all where they stand on the issues. They are the party that is willing to hold the middle class/working class hostage for the benefit of the rich and they are willing to continue to use the military to forward their anti-gay agenda.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh puh-lease....it's people like you who make gay people's sex lives their business......why does it matter to you who people love and want to marry. If it doesn't involve you then you should stay out of it. However, you people always feel the need to stick your nose in other people's lives.
    Better yet, if we're interested in keeping sexual matters private, DADT should apply to heterosexuals as well. If you're straight and start going on about your wife or how you had sex with this hot girl once, you should get the boot just like a gay person for flaunting your sexual proclivities.

  4. #164
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It doesn't - so I don't ask about it and I don't want people to tell me about it. So don't MAKE it my business by removing DADT.

    Uh.. DADT is about just that - staying out of it. I'm actually wanting to NOT stick my nose anywhere and I'd rather be oblivious where the military is concerned.
    You absolutely are. YOU and people like you are the ones that are making it about sexual orientation. Why not just the best people serve rather than use the military as your last bastion of discrimination?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #165
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by patria antiqua View Post
    better yet, if we're interested in keeping sexual matters private, dadt should apply to heterosexuals as well. If you're straight and start going on about your wife or how you had sex with this hot girl once, you should get the boot just like a gay person for flaunting your sexual proclivities.
    exactly.....! But the bigots aren't ok with that.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    In one week...the Republican party has reassured us all where they stand on the issues. They are the party that is willing to hold the middle class/working class hostage for the benefit of the rich and they are willing to continue to use the military to forward their anti-gay agenda.
    Different day, same message from Disneydude. Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich!! Tax cuts except of course to people like Disneydude are an expense to the govt, and DADT in an all VOLUNTEER military is discrimination! Disneydude, are you planning on enlisting?

  7. #167
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Let's take a second and remind everyone what "openly gay" means in this case. Gay soldiers want to be able to keep photos of their partners, or register their partners to recieve the same benefits as any other soldier's spouse in case the soldier dies. What these men and women want is to be able to be honest. It's not like suddenly the uniform will change to include ass-less chaps.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #168
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You absolutely are. YOU and people like you are the ones that are making it about sexual orientation. Why not just the best people serve rather than use the military as your last bastion of discrimination?
    I'm about keeping DADT and not knowing. You're continued assumption and accusations about who and what is about as old and cheap of an internet ploy as there is. It doesn't belong in the military, period. If the gays don't like it, leave the military and go do what they want, flaunt what they want, get married in a state that allows it if they want, and live their lives.

    People like YOU aren't satisfied until LGBT issues are rammed up everyone's nose and flaunted so you can scream "discrimination" or "homophobe" to all your liberal buddies for the weekly circle jerk newsletter. This is akin to the military pushing Christianity and making it mandetory for Church and flaunting it - imagine the outrage from people like you about that! The epic whine parade would cry havoc.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #169
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    There's nothing disturbing about it; you just don't like gay people.

    Now respond with "I don't care whom people pork, etc."
    No, I don't care, but that isn't what this is about.

    It takes special people to do what the military does. I don't feel qualified to make decisions like this for them. I'm for what they are for, whatever that is.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm about keeping DADT and not knowing. You're continued assumption and accusations about who and what is about as old and cheap of an internet ploy as there is. It doesn't belong in the military, period. If the gays don't like it, leave the military and go do what they want, flaunt what they want, get married in a state that allows it if they want, and live their lives.

    People like YOU aren't satisfied until LGBT issues are rammed up everyone's nose and flaunted so you can scream "discrimination" or "homophobe" to all your liberal buddies for the weekly circle jerk newsletter. This is akin to the military pushing Christianity and making it mandetory for Church and flaunting it - imagine the outrage from people like you about that! The epic whine parade would cry havoc.
    That's fine, as long as straight people keep their sexuality out of the military as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •