Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1591
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    See why I miss Kelzie's posts so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #1592
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    A win for the good guys......Looks like a repeal of DADT is dead..........

    Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com

    'DON'T ASK' STAYS: The Senate has failed to vote in favor of repealing "don't ask, don't tell." Democrats got 57 votes in favor of repealing it, three short of the 60 required.
    So much for predictions.....

  3. #1593
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    So much for predictions.....
    Um, the contrary it's totally expected. Whatever NP predicts will not occur. Therefore, he's spot on as usual. His record of predicting the wrong outcome on binary decisions suggests it is not simply chance.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #1594
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Um, the contrary it's totally expected. Whatever NP predicts will not occur. Therefore, he's spot on as usual. His record of predicting the wrong outcome on binary decisions suggests it is not simply chance.
    Yeah like I predicted Republicans would take over the house Nov 2.........ROTFLMAO
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1595
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah like I predicted Republicans would take over the house Nov 2.........ROTFLMAO
    Did you also predict that the sun would come up today? Almost the whole world figured the house was going to republicans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1596
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah like I predicted Republicans would take over the house Nov 2.........ROTFLMAO
    So did everyone else. What's your point?

    Didn't you also predict they'd take the senate?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #1597
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah like I predicted Republicans would take over the house Nov 2.........ROTFLMAO
    Didn't you predict that they would take 100 seats?

  8. #1598
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep... whatever you say dogg.

    I think he wants a law passed, so it's passed once and for all... an executive order can be rescinded.
    So can a law, obviously. I think the point that most of you are missing, is that the only thing that was done here, is that DADT has been repealed. No permanent law, allowing gays to serve in the military has been passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1599
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uhh, no, they want it done in a way that can't be instantly reversed the moment a Republican sits in the oval office.
    Also, DADT has already been neutered pretty well. It is now a secretary-level decision to discharge someone under DADT, and those guys usually have better things to do.
    If in '13, we have a republican prez and a filibuster proof Republican majority, you think this can't be reversed within a week?

    Ya'll better hope this goes off without a hitch, because if the midterms are any indication a total Republican majority is exactly what we're going to have in '13 and any visible problems with overturning DADT will be all the justification they need to put it back in place, only this time it won't be, "don't ask, don't tell", it'll be, "no gays, period".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1600
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,306
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So can a law, obviously. I think the point that most of you are missing, is that the only thing that was done here, is that DADT has been repealed. No permanent law, allowing gays to serve in the military has been passed.
    I have linked each of the versions that have been voted on, and all do remove the ban of gays in the military. Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

    (f) Treatment of 1993 Policy-

    (1) TITLE 10- Upon the effective date established by subsection (b), chapter 37 of title 10, United States Code, is amended--

    (A) by striking section 654; and

    (B) in the table of sections at the beginning of such chapter, by striking the item relating to section 654.

    (2) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Upon the effective date established by subsection (b), section 571 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994 (10 U.S.C. 654 note) is amended by striking subsections (b), (c), and (d).
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •