Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1511
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Depends kinda. We would never have considered either a PDA when I was in the navy, unless in uniform, and even then not really. The Marines(I think) have actual regulations on PDAs, but the rest of the service does not, so it probably varies from branch, base and command.
    Each command usually has local policies concerning PDA and it does vary, however the one constant, is that PDA is strictly forbidden, while in uniform, whether on post, or off, whether on duty, or off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1512
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    LGBT people aren't the bad guys at all. They made the mistake of gambling on Obama caring about their issues. They were unwise.
    It's Obama's fault it didn't pass in the Senate?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #1513
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's Obama's fault it didn't pass in the Senate?
    Seriously; I think it is Obama's fault. I believe that he could have issued an executive order, or two and pulled the teeth out of DADT. DADT would have still been in place, but it would have been practically inert.

    But, that's not what the Lefties want to go down. They want a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1514
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Seriously; I think it is Obama's fault. I believe that he could have issued an executive order, or two and pulled the teeth out of DADT. DADT would have still been in place, but it would have been practically inert.

    But, that's not what the Lefties want to go down. They want a show.
    Yep... whatever you say dogg.

    I think he wants a law passed, so it's passed once and for all... an executive order can be rescinded.

  5. #1515
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Seriously; I think it is Obama's fault. I believe that he could have issued an executive order, or two and pulled the teeth out of DADT. DADT would have still been in place, but it would have been practically inert.

    But, that's not what the Lefties want to go down. They want a show.
    Uhh, no, they want it done in a way that can't be instantly reversed the moment a Republican sits in the oval office.
    Also, DADT has already been neutered pretty well. It is now a secretary-level decision to discharge someone under DADT, and those guys usually have better things to do.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #1516
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have never once "froliced", "flaunted", "girl talked", or "decored".

    You have a rather stereotypical view of gay people.
    my point is that if you allow all gays to openly talk and declare their gayness, that will include my "stereotypical".
    and they will push the envelope as sure as we are having this conversation.

    and my further point, again is that gays ARE allowed in the military now, as long as they conduct themselves in a way that doesnt include this sterotypical I describe.

    The very meaning of military, as anyone who has been thru the rigors of preparing for combat knows, does not allow this mindset.
    Its a macho environment, this is not a glee club.

    conduct yourself accordingly or you will be harassed.
    I dont care if you repeal till the cows come home, that really changes nothing.
    And will only add additional resentment if straight soldiers are somehow called aside and punished for telling an openly gay soldier to act like a soldier.

    quit being ridiculous.

    You are gay and want to serve in the military, come on in, but realize this is no place for you to soapbox your PC insecurities.

    deal with it
    Last edited by shades; 12-17-10 at 10:34 PM.

  7. #1517
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Really? Now you are suggesting that our soldiers get their feelings hurt when someone gay points a finger at them?

    Forget DADT. We might as well surrender to the Salvation Army.
    It's not the finger we're concerned about. Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist.

  8. #1518
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What percentage of the ranks does that group make up?

    Now you're playing some serious numbers games.
    ~30 % IIRC. Will look later after hockey game.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1519
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Each command usually has local policies concerning PDA and it does vary, however the one constant, is that PDA is strictly forbidden, while in uniform, whether on post, or off, whether on duty, or off.
    Flase. I took my comment on only one branch having actual rules against PDA's from to 2010 DoD report.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1520
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Seriously; I think it is Obama's fault. I believe that he could have issued an executive order, or two and pulled the teeth out of DADT. DADT would have still been in place, but it would have been practically inert.

    But, that's not what the Lefties want to go down. They want a show.
    If he would have used an executive order, you would have bitched he broke his promise on not doing it with an EO.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •