Page 15 of 163 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #141
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Too late, you're already pegged. Thanks! I'll never see you in any light again except for the light of being weaker in character than most women because you think something should be "fair" for you, and heterosexual men, that isn't "fair" for anyone else. You said it, you dug your own hole, and you slid yourself right into it.
    I could try to extract some sort of actual argument from this or I could just run my head repeatedly into a wall. It's a toss up which would hurt less.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh so, there should be no rules against gay soldiers hitting on straight soldiers because, well, it's just stupid to be bothered by it?
    There should be common laws on unwanted sexual advances.

    Contrary to conventional wisdom, most homosexuals don't secretly rape you in your sleep...

  3. #143
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    There should be rules that NO soldiers should sexually harrass any other soldiers of any gender or sexual persuasion, period. As for "hitting on," if it isn't harrassment, and not disallowed for any other reason like fraternization, why should straight men be any more protected than women are from male soldiers? Should we disallow male soldiers from hitting on female soldiers?
    Maybe. Are women generally as incensed by being hit on by men, as men are by being hit on by men?

  4. #144
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Maybe. Are women generally as incensed by being hit on by men, as men are by being hit on by men?
    Rules are rules, either they are presented across the board or they're just BS. It shouldn't matter if women are more or less incensed. That said, not all men would be incensed, just as not all women would be incensed. That's entirely an individual response that cannot be applied gender wide as you are trying to do.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #145
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Aren't the physical standards in the military different for men and women? Using your argument, shouldn't women have to perform to the same standards men do? After all,
    "Rules are rules, either they are presented across the board or they're just BS."

    Or is it more reasonable to recognize details do matter and that different situations call for different rules.
    Last edited by X Factor; 12-10-10 at 03:15 AM.

  6. #146
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Aren't the physical standards in the military different for men and women? Using your argument, shouldn't women have to perform to the same standards men do?
    Yes, they should.

    On edit: Either certain skills and abilities are required to be a soldier or they aren't. If they are, then all should have to pass those tests.
    Last edited by Summerwind; 12-10-10 at 03:16 AM.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #147
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Yes, they should.

    On edit: Either certain skills and abilities are required to be a soldier or they aren't. If they are, then all should have to pass those tests.
    I'm calling Gloria Allred on your ass.

  8. #148
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I'm calling Gloria Allred on your ass.
    Go for it, whoever she is. I do have to point out that if women can succeed in the military at lesser standards, then probably the standards for men are too high.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #149
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Who exactly are the good guys?
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  10. #150
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Who exactly are the good guys?
    That depends entirely on one's perspective. Subjective questions such as yours cannot be objectively answered.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •