Page 149 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1481
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I don't see why that image could not include two people of the same sex.
    I can't wait to see the 65-year-old General on that cover with a 17-year-old Laotian boy.

  2. #1482
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    holding hands and walking arm in arm is PDA, frowned upon by the military whether you are homo or hetero
    Depends kinda. We would never have considered either a PDA when I was in the navy, unless in uniform, and even then not really. The Marines(I think) have actual regulations on PDAs, but the rest of the service does not, so it probably varies from branch, base and command.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1483
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, but according to the arguement some on your side make....wait for it....gender is a state of mind, not physical equipment. what is to stop some guy who thinks he is a woman trapped in a man's body from wearing a female uniform because he thinks he's a she? god forbid we infringe upon his/her civil rights....

    I know this is a reach and highly unlikely scenario....but I can see some gender confused person doing it just to make a statement.
    We are talking about gays, not transgendered. It's two entirely separate things. No one has to my knowledge, nor are they likely to challenge uniform regulations.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1484
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I can't wait to see the 65-year-old General on that cover with a 17-year-old Laotian boy.
    What is the difference if it is a Laotian boy or girl?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1485
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Depends kinda. We would never have considered either a PDA when I was in the navy, unless in uniform, and even then not really. The Marines(I think) have actual regulations on PDAs, but the rest of the service does not, so it probably varies from branch, base and command.
    They do. MSgt's flipping paranoid about it. I think we actually shook hands a couple times after a lunch date.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #1486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What is the difference if it is a Laotian boy or girl?

    Hank Hill: So are you Chinese or Japanese?
    Minh Souphanousinphone: No, we are Laotian.
    Bill Dauterive: The ocean? What ocean?
    Kahn Souphanousinphone: From Laos, stupid! It's a landlocked country in South East Asia between Vietnam and Thailand, population approximately 4.7 million!
    (Hank ponders this for a few seconds)
    Hank Hill: So are you Chinese or Japanese?

  7. #1487
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    You both gave me a good laugh. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You both gave me a good laugh. Thank you.
    don't worry... it won't last.

  9. #1489
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are wrong. Holding hands or walking arm in arm is going to bother about .0000000001% of the military, and they already are troublemakers.
    ok,
    and which branch, and at what time did you serve, soldier?

  10. #1490
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I don't know. Nuclear holocaust? Civil war? That's a ridiculous questions. Again, the DoD has established no long term harm will come to our military. If you can't trust them, I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

    It's not just liberals either. 60%+ of the military thinks it will work. I promise there's not that many liberals in the military.
    Sorry but was given a two day vacation from this DP due to a post in this forum therefore I am done with this thread as well as a few of the posters here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •