Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1461
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    There's no twist. It's the reality. Homosexuals have to hide their relationships. Heterosexuals don't.
    no one wants them to "hide" anything, but why talk about it

  2. #1462
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    no one wants them to "hide" anything, but why talk about it
    Because people are free to run their mouths.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #1463
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    no one wants them to "hide" anything, but why talk about it
    Because people talk about their loved ones when they are away from them. It's therapeutic and helps them cope. It's really freaking stupid to not allow it. To people afraid of knowing for certain that someone is gay, they are probably going to assume it is the case with the guys who don't talk about relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #1464
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    no one wants them to "hide" anything, but why talk about it
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
    DADT should not be repealed! It should however be ammended...

    For those gays who are outted, but who continue to behave professionally (that means NOT walking around hand in hand with other men or otherwise demonstrating affection, publicly), they should NOT have their service interrupted.

    We CANNOT have men publicly kissing one another or publicly walking hand in hand while in the militatry!


    Now, if we should ever NOT need a military then, whatever they want to is just fine with me...

    PS.

    I generally support GLBT issues....
    You where saying?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1465
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Really?



    You where saying?
    listen, let me try this another way.

    If you are gay, most soldiers dont really care one way or the other, as long as you are a competent soldier. And in most case's if you have gotten through basic and advanced training you are fit to serve.
    You can talk about your loved ones back home, in any context you wish, just as a straight man or woman can.
    however, and this is the part you may not like, but its a reality that all the repealing in the world will not change.

    You can not walk around camp, or base, or off base in sight of fellow soldiers holding hands or arm and arm or in an embrace otherwise reserved for traditional male / female relationships, OR,
    there will be trouble in the way of either ridicule, and or up to being shunned SOCIALLY by at least a percentage of your fellow soldiers.

    Now the question is will this ridicule, for lack of a better term, bleed over into effecting soldier to soldier duties most notably on the battlefield?

    And I'm not sure we can take that chance, while at war anyway, and have to stop and address these issues by punishing individuals and training them to react differently.

    dont shoot the messenger
    Last edited by shades; 12-17-10 at 11:44 AM.

  6. #1466
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    it is quite possible that they got HIV from a woman if they are a man, and most likely that they got HIV from a man if they are a woman.
    It is possible to get HIV from a woman Ė during normal sexual activity Ė but it is the least likely way that you can get HIV. There is little chance of blood to blood contact during sex with a healthy woman.

    Also, the airman was married.
    I have seen several cases of homosexual men getting married to women.

    Any intolerance or discrimination should be dealt with swiftly
    Intolerance and discrimination are the bed rocks of excellence. I donít tolerate any thing and I am very discriminatory. I donít tolerate bad service and I only buy the highest quality products. When I was in the USAF I was not the best liked but I was respected and decorated for my dedication to the mission. If something needed done now and needed to be done right the first time I was the one called. The people under my supervision complained but later recognized the value of my work ethic when they were promoted ahead of people who worked at a more comfortable pace.

    I was in Thailand for twenty months before HIV arrived and found the Thai women very friendly. I was young and had a lot of white body hair Ė which is appreciated by the ladies Ė so I was routinely offered baby making opportunities. I didnít really want to leave kids behind so I was careful not to do that.

    free to say quite openly, as often as you wish, and anywhere you want that you are Christian.

    And heterosexuals can do many things that homosexuals are not allowed to do just because they are homosexuals.
    So being a christian is about the same as being a homosexual???

    I agree that replacing DADT with queens in drag may cause trouble in the ranks. Letís say that a homosexual guy shows up at guard-mount in a female uniform and make up?? Do you let him stand guard at a nuclear weapon storage site so that all of the people going in to work can spend their day laughing??

  7. #1467
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    listen, let me try this another way.

    If you are gay, most soldiers dont really care one way or the other, as long as you are a competent soldier. And in most case's if you have gotten through basic and advanced training you are fit to serve.
    You can talk about your loved ones back home, in any context you wish, just as a straight man or woman can.
    however, and this is the part you may not like, but its a reality that all the repealing in the world will not change.

    You can not walk around camp, or base, or off base in sight of fellow soldiers holding hands or arm and arm or in an embrace otherwise reserved for traditional male / female relationships, OR,
    there will be trouble in the way of either ridicule, and or up to being shunned SOCIALLY by at least a percentage of your fellow soldiers.

    Now the question is will this ridicule, for lack of a better term, bleed over into effecting soldier to soldier duties most notably on the battlefield?

    And I'm not sure we can take that chance, while at war anyway, and have to stop and address these issues by punishing individuals and training them to react differently.

    dont shoot the messenger
    You are wrong. Holding hands or walking arm in arm is going to bother about .0000000001% of the military, and they already are troublemakers.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1468
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    listen, let me try this another way.

    If you are gay, most soldiers dont really care one way or the other, as long as you are a competent soldier. And in most case's if you have gotten through basic and advanced training you are fit to serve.
    You can talk about your loved ones back home, in any context you wish, just as a straight man or woman can.
    however, and this is the part you may not like, but its a reality that all the repealing in the world will not change.

    You can not walk around camp, or base, or off base in sight of fellow soldiers holding hands or arm and arm or in an embrace otherwise reserved for traditional male / female relationships, OR,
    there will be trouble in the way of either ridicule, and or up to being shunned SOCIALLY by at least a percentage of your fellow soldiers.

    Now the question is will this ridicule, for lack of a better term, bleed over into effecting soldier to soldier duties most notably on the battlefield?

    And I'm not sure we can take that chance, while at war anyway, and have to stop and address these issues by punishing individuals and training them to react differently.

    dont shoot the messenger
    And it's really up to the individual how much affection they want to show in public. There are many things that will get you shunned in the military, and if an person wants to pay the cost for expressing that much individuality, it's up to them. That doesn't mean it should be illegal, any more than being openly vegan or liberal in the military should be illegal.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  9. #1469
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post

    I agree that replacing DADT with queens in drag may cause trouble in the ranks. Letís say that a homosexual guy shows up at guard-mount in a female uniform and make up?? Do you let him stand guard at a nuclear weapon storage site so that all of the people going in to work can spend their day laughing??
    Just commenting on this last bit, since it is especially stupid. In the military, they have these things called uniforms. They have to wear them on duty. They are gender specific. Your concern simply is not going to happen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1470
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just commenting on this last bit, since it is especially stupid. In the military, they have these things called uniforms. They have to wear them on duty. They are gender specific. Your concern simply is not going to happen.
    really stupid that anyone would think it would. Maybe too much M.A.S.H. and identification with corporral Klinger.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •