Page 144 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1431
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would love to see what tune you sing when a gay soldier gets raped by another gay soldier, or grudge ****ed by a straight soldier. Whatcha' gonna say then, huh?
    That kind of thing happens now even with DADT. Repealing DADT means the victim could come forward about it without fearing being discharged.

  2. #1432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would love to see what tune you sing when a gay soldier gets raped by another gay soldier, or grudge ****ed by a straight soldier. Whatcha' gonna say then, huh?
    You've got to be kidding me! You realize that homosexual people, whether male or female, aren't all violent rapists... right? I'm actually doubting you do. We have female soldiers in the military, what if they get raped by a male soldier? Whatcha gonna say then, huh?

    Furthermore, they're already in the military, they just don't say they're homosexual. Even if we granted your premise that most homosexuals are violent rapists, wouldn't it be better to know who is and who isn't a homosexual? Aren't you at greater risk when it could be anyone in your squad? One second you're dropping the soap, the next your best mate is up in your junk.

    Ahh, there's nothing more entertaining than observing the beliefs of people like you

  3. #1433
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post


    How exactly do you define flaunting it?
    lets see, handcuffing ones self to the white house fence, taping his mouth shut at a news conference.

    And before you say he did that after the fact,

    actions like this were just brewing inside waiting for a reason to "flaunt" it.

    its true with everyone who feels slighted thru predjudice.
    minorities, women, gays, whatever, it seems to be a common denominator. Give them a reason, and usually just a single person or entity that slights them, not a society at large, and they soap box it.
    Because people like you encourage it.

    and the battlefield is not the place for this kind of PC to take place.
    Its serious business this silly war thing you watch from afar.

    You want to serve, you're gay, then fine.
    but stfu and serve, dont "flaunt" it, define that any way youd like if it makes you feel better.
    We have generalized it for you, its called dont ask dont tell.

  4. #1434
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He was a good man and a good friend...............Not sure your right on the many more that support it jusf the louder and more vociferous ones...My gay friend said most of the gay people he knows are conservative like him and wish that everyone could just live their life in peace and harmony....
    Unfortunately for your "friend", the bigots and homophobes won't allow him to do that.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1435
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    They are mostly considered non-deployable and are restricted in where they can be assigned,
    Very comforting for the person who has to deploy in their place???

    And not everyone with AIDS is gay. In fact, there was a case recently about an airman who knew he was HIV positive and still reportedly had unprotected sex with 11 women without informing them.
    You assume that a man having sex with a woman means that he can’t be a homosexual, but to me a man with HIV having unprotected sex with 11 woman means he does not like women.

    Why is it any different having a straight guy or a guy who you believe is straight check you out than it is to have a gay guy check you out?
    Normal men don’t check each other out in the shower...

    In fact, there are probably a lot of bigoted people out there who would willing allow a fellow servicemember to die just because they don't like a certain trait of that person.
    Big ears? Long nose?? What you are saying here is that it would be best – in light of so many people not liking homosexuals and wishing them dead – to retain DADT..

    Repealing DADT means the victim could come forward about it without fearing being discharged.
    First of all if one man rapes another man the rapist is a homosexual. Second, why would a person who doesn’t like being raped put him military service above justice for himself and others who may suffer the same treatment? Has it been your experience that stab victims are questioned about their sexual preference? I suppose that motive may be an issue but also doubt that many of these cases would get out of the administrative process and go to trial.

  6. #1436
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post
    You've got to be kidding me! You realize that homosexual people, whether male or female, aren't all violent rapists... right? I'm actually doubting you do. We have female soldiers in the military, what if they get raped by a male soldier? Whatcha gonna say then, huh?

    Furthermore, they're already in the military, they just don't say they're homosexual. Even if we granted your premise that most homosexuals are violent rapists, wouldn't it be better to know who is and who isn't a homosexual? Aren't you at greater risk when it could be anyone in your squad? One second you're dropping the soap, the next your best mate is up in your junk.

    Ahh, there's nothing more entertaining than observing the beliefs of people like you
    I once had the misfortune of investigating a case where a guy's roommate raped him.

    according to the "victim", his roommate had been in the habit of coming home drunk and raping him for about six months. during the most recent instance, the roommate also beat him up. When I asked the guy why he waited so long to report it he said, "Well, I really didn't mind the sex. But when he started beating me up, I had to draw the line somewhere."

    Roommate charged with assault, since the victim admitted he didn't mind the sex.

    Victim charged with violating article 125, since he admitted he didn't mind the sex.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #1437
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post

    You want to serve, you're gay, then fine.
    but stfu and serve, dont "flaunt" it, define that any way youd like if it makes you feel better.
    We have generalized it for you, its called dont ask dont tell.

    Translation:
    Pretend you are straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #1438
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post

    Translation:
    Pretend you are straight.
    A very liberal twist.

    pretend your listening, hows that?

    Dont ask dont tell means just that. In the sense that you know the line not to cross.

    Again, I am a devout Christain, and mentioning I am going to Sunday prayer over at the Chaplains tent, or saying "thank the good lord" before I eat, or mentioning my church back home is one thing.

    Using that I am a devout Christain to gain attention, or to make some kind of unecessary point is another.

    I've served with known atheists, known because they once mentioned it in conversation. And thats fine, it's accepted, still a good soldier, trusted, respected.

    But if he talks about it in a look at me look at me kind of way,
    or claims he wants someone punished because they dont agree with his beliefs then he's got trouble, trouble he asked for.

    I'm speaking reality, I notice most liberals, on this subject are speaking of some sort of perfect world that just doesnt exist, on the battlefield, they're kids, for the most part. And teaching them to be PC is not the militarys job. We have enough troubles without worrying if someones feelings are being hurt.

    Can you grasp that?

  9. #1439
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    A very liberal twist.

    pretend your listening, hows that?

    Dont ask dont tell means just that. In the sense that you know the line not to cross.

    Again, I am a devout Christain, and mentioning I am going to Sunday prayer over at the Chaplains tent, or saying "thank the good lord" before I eat, or mentioning my church back home is one thing.

    Using that I am a devout Christain to gain attention, or to make some kind of unecessary point is another.

    I've served with known atheists, known because they once mentioned it in conversation. And thats fine, it's accepted, still a good soldier, trusted, respected.

    But if he talks about it in a look at me look at me kind of way,
    or claims he wants someone punished because they dont agree with his beliefs then he's got trouble, trouble he asked for.

    I'm speaking reality, I notice most liberals, on this subject are speaking of some sort of perfect world that just doesnt exist, on the battlefield, they're kids, for the most part. And teaching them to be PC is not the militarys job. We have enough troubles without worrying if someones feelings are being hurt.

    Can you grasp that?
    Holy double standard!

    Look, gays are not out to get attention for the most part, gays simply want to be able to serve without worrying they will be seen walking hand in hand with their partner at the mall(yes, people have been discharged for that under DADT). They want to be free to put up a picture of their partner on Facebook(yes, they can get discharged under DADT for that). They want to be free to email their partner and say "I love you" without worrying about being discharged(yes, you can get discharged for that under DADT). They want to bring their partner to command events that family is allowed to attend. Gays just want to be treated just like every one else.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1440
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Holy double standard!
    Gays just want to be treated just like every one else.
    and they can, outside of the military.

    I'm sorry but I dont know how else to put this except to be blundt.

    the military operates under a different set of rules. The UCMJ allows you to be executed if you endanger the lives of fellow soldiers.
    at their discretion. These guidelines wouldnt be tolerted in civilian court either.

    If the military feels being openly gay interferes with the day to day operations in combat situations, then we are sorry.

    This conversation has been in many circles, and I can tell you if there was a draft, there are gays that would use dodt to get out of serving.
    So maybe you should refocus your efforts if your point is to distinguish right from wrong.

    The militarys rules are very obvious and blundt up front.
    Dont join

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •