Page 143 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1421
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    03-29-11 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    178

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course hacking someone's email isn't acceptable. But, what's your point?

    And, what's me knowing someone who is gay, have to do with a ****ing thing? But, to answer your question: **** if I know! I don't care if any of my friends are gay.
    What matters is that I think that anyone who opposes a repeal of DADT is a bigot. They don't oppose it for practical reasons (because there are none), they oppose it because they don't like gays. My point is that you are saying gays are rapist perverts who want to rape any man they see, but if you knew an actual gay person, you would know its not true.

    And my point is, that this is what happens under DADT.
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

  2. #1422
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    What matters is that I think that anyone who opposes a repeal of DADT is a bigot. They don't oppose it for practical reasons (because there are none), they oppose it because they don't like gays. My point is that you are saying gays are rapist perverts who want to rape any man they see, but if you knew an actual gay person, you would know its not true.

    And my point is, that this is what happens under DADT.
    You can oppose DADT repeal without being a bigot. Being wrong does not mean you are a bigot. Some honestly do think that if gays can serve openly it will hurt military readiness. Of course, some people think the world is flat too...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1423
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    Mike Almy. Is it acceptable? And how many gays do you actually know?
    I will take that one.........I know one, I use to know two but one was the partner of the other one I know and sadly he died frrom AIDS...I went to his funeral........He was a good friend.........His partner is on my golf team............He has a 2 handicap and is the best golfer on our team... (I have a 9 handicap ) He is Conservative and we discuss politics all the time.........He is not hard core like the liberals here...........He believes that the economy and the deficit are the most important issues we face........He would like to see Civil Unions (as would I) and thinks DADT is fine........He just wants to live his life in peace and harmony and I agree with him..........Oh by the way he is a retired Navy Commander........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1424
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    03-29-11 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    178

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I will take that one.........I know one, I use to know two but one was the partner of the other one I know and sadly he died frrom AIDS...I went to his funeral........He was a good friend.........His partner is on my golf team............He has a 2 handicap and is the best golfer on our team... (I have a 9 handicap ) He is Conservative and we discuss politics all the time.........He is not hard core like the liberals here...........He believes that the economy and the deficit are the most important issues we face........He would like to see Civil Unions (as would I) and thinks DADT is fine........He just wants to live his life in peace and harmony and I agree with him..........Oh by the way he is a retired Navy Commander........
    I am sorry for your friend's loss.
    So some may support it. And many many many more are against it. And calling us "hardcore liberals" because we support a repeal isn't true. 74% of Republicans want a repeal.
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

  5. #1425
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You can oppose DADT repeal without being a bigot. Being wrong does not mean you are a bigot. Some honestly do think that if gays can serve openly it will hurt military readiness. Of course, some people think the world is flat too...
    This is true. If you can genuinely support a claim that gays somehow hurt the military, then keeping DADT, or even rigorous exclusion of gays would be appropriate. However, the evidence is overwhelmingly on the other side.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #1426
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    I am sorry for your friend's loss.
    So some may support it. And many many many more are against it. And calling us "hardcore liberals" because we support a repeal isn't true. 74% of Republicans want a repeal.
    He was a good man and a good friend...............Not sure your right on the many more that support it jusf the louder and more vociferous ones...My gay friend said most of the gay people he knows are conservative like him and wish that everyone could just live their life in peace and harmony....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #1427
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    03-29-11 @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    178

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He was a good man and a good friend...............Not sure your right on the many more that support it jusf the louder and more vociferous ones...My gay friend said most of the gay people he knows are conservative like him and wish that everyone could just live their life in peace and harmony....
    May I ask where this person is from?
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

  8. #1428
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Care to post those regulations for us?
    Regulations against sexual harassment.
    Regulations against discrimination based on sexuality (believe it or not, this one is already a part of military rules).
    Regulations against anyone having sex on base/military property (with some exceptions made for military hotels and housing).
    Regulations against intolerance.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #1429
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not saying that regulations are necessarily good, or bad; only that they are regulations and as long as they are such, they are to be adhered to. It's not the place of a line soldier to ignore regulations that he doesn't agree with. One day, a soldier may think that the regulation forbidding the use of alcohol while on duty is unfair and stupid and decide to have a few beers while he's out in the field and it just so happens that he's the driver of a 65 ton pound main battle tank.

    It's like helmet laws in the civilian world. You may not like it, but it's the law and there's a penalty for breaking the law.
    And not once have I said that those people should have broken military regulations. I have very rarely mentioned those who have already been put out under DADT. I do believe those people should be allowed back in, but I think that many will be given that option (if they meet all the other requirements for military entry). But I am fighting for DADT to be repealed. That is fair. Allowing all servicemembers to discuss their relationships (within reason) in front of other servicemembers without fear of punishment/discharge.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #1430
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    What matters is that I think that anyone who opposes a repeal of DADT is a bigot. They don't oppose it for practical reasons (because there are none), they oppose it because they don't like gays. My point is that you are saying gays are rapist perverts who want to rape any man they see, but if you knew an actual gay person, you would know its not true.

    And my point is, that this is what happens under DADT.
    Of course you think that. This ain't nothin' to do with gays being to serve in the military. It's all about political correctness

    I would love to see what tune you sing when a gay soldier gets raped by another gay soldier, or grudge ****ed by a straight soldier. Whatcha' gonna say then, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •