Page 133 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1321
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's right and that's why they don't share housing, if they're not married...LOL
    Gays and straights do share housing though.

    And, as has been posted here many times, it does not matter what the sexuality is of either person involved in a sexual harassment charge. A straight man can bring another straight man up on charges of sexual harassment if the first one is offended by sexual jokes that the other has told. Also, as I have told people on here many times, I knew way more straight men that were likely to "hit on" other straight men just to annoy or upset them.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #1322
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Look at AR 600-20 and you'll find it.

    It's a fact, that females can't be forced to share billets with male soldiers. Anyone that has been in any branch of the military, will confirm that for you. That same policy will be applicable to gay and straight soldiers, as well.
    So anyway, did you ever find this regulation?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1323
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Most of the people in the Navy have had many sexual partners, NP. I'd say that was also true for the other branches as well.
    I don't believe the Navy in itself represents the whole population of straight people which we are talking about when we speak of the gay population.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1324
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm sorry Redress...but when someone as self-righteous as NP comes on here and starts lecturing other's about morality and promiscuity, its hard not to point out the blatant hypocrisy. However....I get your point.
    Even your fellow lefties are tired of the same old crap you spew....Thank you Redress
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1325
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    But it's not true that LGBT soldiers cannot do those things you mention, Star. Isn't the "don't ask" part about not investigating possibly gay soldiers? The military won't look to out you so long as you don't out yourself.
    That's not at all how it has worked in practice. You're just like McCain "It's not the policy it's not the policyit'snotthepolicy." **** what the policy says. What has actually happened is precisely what Your Star describes.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #1326
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't believe the Navy in itself represents the whole population of straight people which we are talking about when we speak of the gay population.......
    We are talking about gays in the military. So comparing those gays in the military to other military members is quite reasonable.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #1327
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Gays and straights do share housing though.

    And, as has been posted here many times, it does not matter what the sexuality is of either person involved in a sexual harassment charge. A straight man can bring another straight man up on charges of sexual harassment if the first one is offended by sexual jokes that the other has told. Also, as I have told people on here many times, I knew way more straight men that were likely to "hit on" other straight men just to annoy or upset them.
    Unknowingly share showers. When it's all in the open, I believe it will be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1328
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So anyway, did you ever find this regulation?
    Other than the command policy, regarding sexual harassment, I didn't.

    I know that you're going to say, now, that no such regulation exists. If that's the case, why are males and females not allowed to share billets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1329
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Unknowingly share showers. When it's all in the open, I believe it will be a different story.
    36 % of the military says it has served with people they know or think is gay, so many are knowingly sharing showers with gays.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #1330
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Other than the command policy, regarding sexual harassment, I didn't.

    I know that you're going to say, now, that no such regulation exists. If that's the case, why are males and females not allowed to share billets?
    It was not in that command policy that I could find. So since you claimed it exists, why don't you find it. I do not know if such a regulation exists, you are the one making the claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •