Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1301
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Here is AR 600-20: http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/r600_20.pdf

    Doing searches on billet, share, shower, none of them show where it says what you claim. Can you find it and quote it for me?
    I hope you have better luck than I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #1302
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I hope you have better luck than I have.
    I stopped looking. I took my search ideas from him and found nothing. Up to him to find it.

    And stop thinking like me dammit, it scares me!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1303
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,947

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My sincere hope is that if it is repealed that it works. If it doesn't, which liberals never admit can happen, we are in one helluva mess. In a large military like ours with 66000 gay or lesbians I fear that it puts into jeopardy their safety and security plus opens the military up to some massive legal battles. I asked on this thread the worse thing that can happen and no one has responded. how about you?
    The military has over 1000 bases. And that is bases alone. That number does not include the number of actual commands there are in the military. There are 289 Navy ships. Then there are the other units in the Navy, such as airwings and seabees and medical and security detachments. Then there are each of the individual units that make up the Army, including all the support units and special forces units. There are all the individual units that make up the Marine Corps. There are all the units that make up the Air Force. Plus, there are all those active duty support personnel for the National Guard and Reserve units around the country. Each of these have a separate chain of command. I am quite certain that not all of those gay personnel will be in the same unit.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #1304
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Apparently you can't find it. I asked you to show me where because I couldn't find it and you ignored it.
    Apparently, you didn't look

    http://www.sexualassault.army.mil/fi...0_chapter7.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1305
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    So here you have America's best -- highly trained fighting men schooled in eighteen ways to kill a man, proud of their service, confident, self assured, the very epitome of toughness, discipline and valor, and the mere thought of a gay guy seeing their peepee gets them so twitterpated they end up reduced to a quivering mass of nerve-wracked insecurity.

    I don't get it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #1306
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Being openly gay isn't sexual harassment. :

    You should just quote the exact words that you think proves your point. Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #1307
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nowhere does it say you cannot shower or billet with some one you are attracted to. Try again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1308
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Dammit IT, you did it again!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1309
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Being openly gay isn't sexual harassment. :

    You should just quote the exact words that you think proves your point. Good luck with that.
    So, you're saying that there's no way that a gay soldier could sexually harass another soldier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1310
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,947

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Look at AR 600-20 and you'll find it.

    It's a fact, that females can't be forced to share billets with male soldiers. Anyone that has been in any branch of the military, will confirm that for you. That same policy will be applicable to gay and straight soldiers, as well.

    Ain't gonna happen. I thought you said you deal with the real world. Wasn't that you? Well, in the real world, the military isn't going to be able to force straight soldiers to share billets and vice-versa. Ask you brother and your husband. They'll tell you the same thing.
    And, as I've said before, there must be some proof that putting gays and straights together will cause massive issues/problems with sexual harassment. You have yet to show that this will happen. In fact, I have provided anecdotal evidence that it hasn't happened in units where gays were serving openly.

    First of all, I specifically stated in what you posted that the military most likely wouldn't reverse its policy on separating genders. This doesn't mean that they legally couldn't. It means that the military can see that there would be a huge amount of issues that would arise from having men and women sleep/shower together. However, gay men and straight men and gay women and straight women already do sleep/shower together. The only difference with a repeal of DADT is that some people will find out that some of those men and women that they were showering/sleeping with are gay. This will have little affect, if any, on how those who are openly gay act around others in their units. It may have some affect on how some soldiers view those who have revealed themselves to be gay, but those issues can be dealt with by other rules already in the military.

    And why do you keep insisting that I ask my brother or husband these questions? I have served time in the Navy. And, I know how things work. Also, my brother probably knows more about this issue than you could ever imagine. He is a heterosexual crossdresser. While in the Army, he told us that he wanted a sex change. He hid that part of his life from most everyone he worked with because many people believe that all crossdressers are gay.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •