Page 129 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1281
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Well, assuming he was no longer in the service.
    Again, slice however you want, and he's still in the wrong.



    Not quite the same thing. The military implementing a new policy is not taking sides.
    Actaully, it is. If the military implemented a racial segregation policy, it would be taking a side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1282
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Of course you can't prove that it's a "relative few" that believe this is a bad law.

    Did you know you have a 132 posts in this thread now? That kinda hurts your "this is not a significant issue" argument.
    As you stated I have had what 100 of them which of course is an exaggeration.

  3. #1283
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Again, slice however you want, and he's still in the wrong.


    Actaully, it is. If the military implemented a racial segregation policy, it would be taking a side.
    Indeed. And yet when it institutes a desegregation policy, it's not. Funny how that works. Unless you disagree with them desegregating blacks?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #1284
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Obviously you dont have cinemax.
    You been at my crib?!? Up here in North Louisiana, I don't even have a ****ing TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Indeed. And yet when it institutes a desegregation policy, it's not. Funny how that works. Unless you disagree with them desegregating blacks?
    Not at all. Kinda glad they did. I don't think I would have enjoyed serving in all black unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1286
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    You got silence because the powers that be have already established it can be done successfully. If you don't believe them, I doubt anything any of us can say will change your mind.
    My sincere hope is that if it is repealed that it works. If it doesn't, which liberals never admit can happen, we are in one helluva mess. In a large military like ours with 66000 gay or lesbians I fear that it puts into jeopardy their safety and security plus opens the military up to some massive legal battles. I asked on this thread the worse thing that can happen and no one has responded. how about you?

  7. #1287
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, it is an issue for the LGTG group but not the majority in this country. 2005-2007 was 12-14 years after passage. It is 2010 now. I asked you what happens if you are wrong on this issue and I get silence, then more of the same. This is an all volunteer military and no one has to serve. If there was a draft then you would have a point, but until the courts or the Congress/military leaders act you have nothing.
    Do I really need to link back to when the law was made to prove that some people have opposed it all along? Public opinion on the law has changed over time. That happens. When the law was first passed, the reason it was implemented was because there was not support enough to fully repeal the ban on gays. Now there is, with senators voting against it only because they where holding everything hostage to the tax cut bill.

    There is no evidence at all that I am wrong in what will happen. All evidence points to minor, solvable problems that will not have a significant impact on the ability of our military. If we decide to not do anything that might have negative consequences, we would not do anything at all. No problem is unsolvable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1288
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not at all. Kinda glad they did. I don't think I would have enjoyed serving in all black unit.
    So how is one sort of desegregation not choosing sides, but another is?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  9. #1289
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do I really need to link back to when the law was made to prove that some people have opposed it all along? Public opinion on the law has changed over time. That happens. When the law was first passed, the reason it was implemented was because there was not support enough to fully repeal the ban on gays. Now there is, with senators voting against it only because they where holding everything hostage to the tax cut bill.

    There is no evidence at all that I am wrong in what will happen. All evidence points to minor, solvable problems that will not have a significant impact on the ability of our military. If we decide to not do anything that might have negative consequences, we would not do anything at all. No problem is unsolvable.
    I am waiting for you to think for a change and tell me what is the worst thing that you believe could happen with the repeal of DADT?

  10. #1290
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    So how is one sort of desegregation not choosing sides, but another is?
    Where did I say it was? I've never once suggested that gays and straights serve in segregated units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •