Page 125 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1241
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,425

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    [/b]You can't wear the uniform after you get out?[b]

    Don't get me wrong, I'm opposed to wearing even after they retire to any political function, but I mean for retiree balls and such.
    If you're honorably discharged, you can. Not under other discharge, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1242
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,425

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    If women aren't uncomfortable showering with lesbian soldiers, why should men be with homosexual males?

    Who says that all straight women aren't uncomfortable showering with lesbians? You'll have a hard time proving that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1243
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since according to Critical Thought there are only an estimate of 66,000 gay or lesbian service members I continue to wonder why people like you and others not in the military are so passionate on this issue. If it is repealed are you going to join?
    I care about what I perceive to be an injustice.

    I'm not going to join.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is no question that you can always find exceptions to almost every rule or situation so what exactly is your point. You believe that by posting one case that strengthens your position?
    Prove that this is the exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This really is a frustrating thread in that nothing I say is going to change your mind or vice versa. We have an all volunteer military and a low that has been on the books for 17 years. Now all of a sudden such passion again but mostly by people who I don't believe are serving or have served.
    Do you have to be married to be against spousal abuse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I know you don't agree with DADT and want gays to serve openly, the question is why such passion over this issue and why not just let the military and Congress decide?
    I've never said that the military and Congress shouldn't be able to make the call. I am just expressing my opinion on what that decision should be. Why are you trying to frame the discussion as anything other than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #1244
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who says that all straight women aren't uncomfortable showering with lesbians? You'll have a hard time proving that one.
    Women regularly and repeatedly get pap smears by straight male doctors. A shower with a lesbian is child's play after that.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  5. #1245
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Cause men have sexuality Tissues.
    and our lives revolve around them.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #1246
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-28-16 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    322

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Cause men have sexuality issues.
    believe me, it has nothing to do with not wanting to shower with them.

    I find the gay soldiers I have been around to be more the type of soldier I want to be in the line of fire with, they are "in general" better people, all around.
    and certainly capable.

    but there is an uncomfortable air being in a conversation about being gay..

    I'm just trying to keep it real here folks, dont crucify me .

  7. #1247
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,425

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
    At this point, you are just evading the question. Is your problem with it just the rules, or is it homophobia?
    Here we go. We've gone back to the, "everyone that doesn't see DADT as the root of all evil is a homophobe", argument. How childish.

    I'm thinking that you haven't read a word that I've posted. If you had, you would have noticed where I've said, multiple times, that the ban on gays should be lifted and DADT should left in place--at least temporarily.

    Now, let me ask you a question: is this really about gays being able to serve without fear of being discharged, or is it just payback to all us homophobes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1248
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who says that all straight women aren't uncomfortable showering with lesbians? You'll have a hard time proving that one.
    it's like this: women don't usually much care, because we don't feel threatened by lesbians. at least, i would say the majority of us aren't. so who give a flying **** if they see some tatas?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #1249
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Cause men have sexuality issues.
    I threw out all my Playboys!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #1250
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If a female soldier is uncomfortable sharing a shower with male soldiers, is she male-phobic?
    Personally, the only reason that I would be uncomfortable sharing a shower with a group of male soldiers is because a) I wouldn't want men that I might find attractive judging me and my body (my own issues with self esteem, I actually am not comfortable showering with anyone I am not intimate with, male or female) and b) I might be on my period. Women might be a bit more understanding of other women on their period during showers than men, since almost all women have a period and no men do.

    Guess what, if a woman isn't comfortable showering with women because she doesn't want them judging her, too bad. It is part of the job. If a man is not comfortable showering with men because he doesn't want them judging him, too bad. It is part of the job. In fact, how many really small or really big guys do you think there are that are not comfortable showering with other men because they may get teased? I knew one guy on the ship who was very uncomfortable being naked in front of the other guys because he was well endowed and the other guys talked about it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •